Quantcast Survivor: South Pacific (Season 23)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Survivor: South Pacific (Season 23)

Cast Info released:

'Survivor' reveals its new cast, ties to Russell
    Hantz's nephew Brandon is competing against 17 others in the South Pacific

The whole story is all over the Internet...

Can we say Jump the Shark? Well, I guess it's debatable that they did that a while back. Let's hope I'm wrong...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

And Coach and Ozzy are back for their third try.

There are millions of folks out there who want to be on these shows. Can't they find anyone interesting amongst them?

Post Thanks / Like

It's just like the movies nowadays, no one can think of anything new (or to scared to try) and they just re-make everything.

If ratings fall are they going to put Boston Rob Versus Amber.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm...

They say Brandon is nothing like Russell at all, we shall see. DBF is very excited for Coach to be back so I guess it just depends on who you are Now that Master Chef is over I'm just ready for some new Fall tv!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

And I so wanted a totally fresh set of faces. <sigh> I actually don't mind Russell's nephew being on (at least it's not Russell!) But Coach? Again?

I actually had to laugh--in the cast bios it states one of the new competitors is a "lingerie football player" from Tampa. Huh? Have you seen any of those games, Mel?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I actually had to laugh--in the cast bios it states one of the new competitors is a "lingerie football player" from Tampa. Huh? Have you seen any of those games, Mel?
    HA! I haven't read the bios yet. How funny! I've seen those 'games' advertised when we go to the Forum for hockey games.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Don't mock the LFL! Those ladies are serious competitors!!

Said it before, but I don't really mind the returning contestants. Coach was not nearly as bad last show as he was the first time and I'm sort of interested to see what a Hantz family member is like.

Bring on season 23!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It would be interesting to see what a typical LFL crowd looks like....

The Hantz nephew is from this area (Katy, not Dayton--opposite ends of the city) so he's been getting some attention on the local news. Definitely sounds like a different bird than Russell--or maybe that's a part of the act.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Said it before, but I don't really mind the returning contestants. Coach was not nearly as bad last show as he was the first time and I'm sort of interested to see what a Hantz family member is like.

Bring on season 23!

In my opinion Coach lost the right to play Survivor again the moment he meekly let Rob fall on the knife in HvV. He had a chance to make a power play and instead wrote down a throw away vote (Courtney?) that allowed Russell to take out Rob (with Jerry flipping). Instead of Coach becoming a serious player, he just remained a joke and was at the mercy of others the entire game as a result of his inability to make a move.

I forsee no change in that opinion with a 3rd go round. Maybe this time though Ozzy won't come in with such an inflated ego and god complex, although his blindside boot is one of my favorites of all time (FvF season).

I am certainly not looking forward to the return of Redemption Island. Pretty much felt like that was a joke and if no changes are forthcoming, it will remain so.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy watching both Coach and Ozzy, so it will be interesting to see them return. I would keep them around to the merge, and then send them packing, but who knows what these new players will do. I am not looking forward to any more of Russell Hantz, even relatives, but willing to give Brandon a chance.

The RI twist this time is in place, but Probst has said that there won't be any more multi-player challenges at RI, as there were last year. Just one on one. So does this mean no double eliminations? Probably. I didn't mind RI as much as I thought I would, but I still wish they would end it at merge and not keep it alive til the end. Also, a bit tired of the hidden immunity ploy. But it is what it is, and I am still a fan. Will be watching.

Oh big news, Jeff Probst changes from his usual blue to a green shirt this time around. So cutting edge, that Probst.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Okay so early thoughts ...

Was glad to see Semhar go. She's just not someone I would enjoy watching for a season, so might as well send her packing early.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm in the minority, but I still like Coach. He's a goofball, but I think he's a well intentioned goofball.

Ozzy I could leave or leave. He annoyed me to no end on HvV and I haven't gotten over it. There's just something really condescending and arrogant about him that rubs me the wrong way. Definitely comes off like he thinks he's "THE MAN."

Hantz's nephew is irritating and creepy. That whole segment with him professing to be "uncomfortable" around Mikayla was bizarre. I don't know if it was just intentional editing or what, but what was with him peering from behind the tree at her and all that?? Weird. Also, I found it strange that he said something to the effect of he knew he could "get into trouble" if he was around her. Uh dude ... that's your problem, not hers! Annoying. Hope he goes home fast.

Like Rick, Edna, and Mark so far. And I can't decide if I like Cochran or not. He's kinda funny at times, but then at other times he comes off as really dweeby and neurotic ... and not in an endearing way. In a "come here and let me slap some man into you" way.

Christine, Dawn, and Jim? Not a fan yet.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

i much as I have always liked Ozzie once again he is not going to win this thing. His mouth is going to get him axed once again.
    Semhar really needed to go, but in the end if they keep Cochran around his physical shortcoming is going to keep this tribe at council.
    The nephew (Brandon???) is beyond creepy! If that was not just the editing, this guy needs help. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, wow, I totally agree with you on everything! What is up with that? I like Coach, and I felt bad for him having to face that kind of reception. He's a teammate! He could be helpful. I always wonder if some of these people have actually watched the show. Well, we know Cochran has.

Instead of dissolving into angst, Cochran maybe could have said hey, I'm not physical, but I went to Harvard. Give me some puzzle challenges! So much for being a student of the game. Brandon, major creep factor. Good luck hiding the tats.

I did like Mark the cop at first, but dubbing himself Papa Bear was a little off-putting for me. Not really sure of anyone else yet, but I greatly dislike Jim.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so early thoughts ...

Was glad to see Semhar go. She's just not someone I would enjoy watching for a season, so might as well send her packing early.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm in the minority, but I still like Coach. He's a goofball, but I think he's a well intentioned goofball.

Ozzy I could leave or leave. He annoyed me to no end on HvV and I haven't gotten over it. There's just something really condescending and arrogant about him that rubs me the wrong way. Definitely comes off like he thinks he's "THE MAN."

Hantz's nephew is irritating and creepy. That whole segment with him professing to be "uncomfortable" around Mikayla was bizarre. I don't know if it was just intentional editing or what, but what was with him peering from behind the tree at her and all that?? Weird. Also, I found it strange that he said something to the effect of he knew he could "get into trouble" if he was around her. Uh dude ... that's your problem, not hers! Annoying. Hope he goes home fast.

Like Rick, Edna, and Mark so far. And I can't decide if I like Cochran or not. He's kinda funny at times, but then at other times he comes off as really dweeby and neurotic ... and not in an endearing way. In a "come here and let me slap some man into you" way.

Christine, Dawn, and Jim? Not a fan yet.
    Couldn't agree more with everything you said! Ozzy is getting on my nerves with his whole zen/hippie thing mixed with a little arrogance. I think he already thinks he has this game in the bag.

Brandon is creepy and weird, to say the least. The whole Mikayla thing was bizzarre and the whole hiding his tatoos thing isn't going to last long. That could come back to bite him when it comes out that he's been hiding it. I thought it was interesting that one of the girls (I think the med student) said she felt like he was hiding something.

I felt really bad for Coach with the reception he got from his team! I was glad to see that at least Edna stopped to help him with his things after he lost the challenge. I thought he redeemed himself pretty well at the immunity challenge, though.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I did like Mark the cop at first, but dubbing himself Papa Bear was a little off-putting for me. Not really sure of anyone else yet, but I greatly dislike Jim.
    Right! People give you a nickname. You dont tell people what your nickname is.

Cochran: "I have translucent skin." Classic!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope Survivor isn't going the way of AI for me. I found myself a little bored the other night. That said, and I may well be proven wrong, but I think that Brandon stuff was heavy editing. We'll see though.

I have no idea how you guys remember the names one episode in. Usually takes me 3 or 4 to get to know everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I sure hope Survivor isn't going the way of AI for me. I found myself a little bored the other night. That said, and I may well be proven wrong, but I think that Brandon stuff was heavy editing. We'll see though.

I have no idea how you guys remember the names one episode in. Usually takes me 3 or 4 to get to know everyone.
    I don't know all the names yet. Just the ones prominent in the first episode, plus I check out the CBS website in advance. From previous experience, I think we can safely say that the names we do know so far are either sticking to the end, or going home in the next few shows. In Brandon's case, I hope it's that he's out of there soon.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay, so Brandon is just creepy. His obsession with Mikayla (I think) exposes the fact that he's serious unbalanced. As someone said (Coach maybe?) the boy is dealing with some major inner demons. And not in a "compelling reality TV" way, but in a "this guy needs serious psychiatric counseling" way. I actually started to feel uncomfortable listening to him last night. If I was on that island with him and knew what I know, I think I'd leave. He almost strikes me as like serial killer unbalanced.

In short, he's freaky.

Other than that my opinions haven't changed dramatically. Still liking Coach a lot. Still like Edna. Mikayla grew on me this week a bit ... she seems like a tough competitor and a hard worker (and I think in no small part I just felt bad that Brandon did that to her).

Ozzy still annoyed me. He almost comes off like he's just waiting to collect his million dollars.

Was glad to see Christine go to Redemption. I wasn't a fan of hers at all. For someone as non-descript as her to come off with such an attitude out of the gate just rubbed me the wrong way. Cochran may be a nerd, but at least he has respect for the game and those that have played it well already.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so Brandon is just creepy. His obsession with Mikayla (I think) exposes the fact that he's serious unbalanced. As someone said (Coach maybe?) the boy is dealing with some major inner demons. And not in a "compelling reality TV" way, but in a "this guy needs serious psychiatric counseling" way. I actually started to feel uncomfortable listening to him last night. If I was on that island with him and knew what I know, I think I'd leave. He almost strikes me as like serial killer unbalanced.

In short, he's freaky.
    I couldn't agree more! It was giving me the creeps just watching Brandon on TV last night, I can't imagine what it's like to be stuck on an island with him. I was getting the same exact vibe you were, Ian -- that he has serious issues that have nothing to do with the game. He comes of as some stalkerish pervert. If he can't control his feelings, or urges, or whatever it is just because he's around an attractive girl in a bikini, then, hey, that's on him and he needs to get help with that! During tribal council I was shouting at the TV "Get rid of that creep!" They didn't listen, though.

I'm glad Christine was sent packing, didn't like her from the start with her "temporary players" comment and attitude. I'm actually rooting for Coach (so far) and I like Edna and Mikayla. Albert is growing on me, too. He seems like he has a good, sensible head on his shoulders.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the editing on Brandon is a total gimmick (although he certainly must have given them plenty to work with). He's just a 19-year-old kid, spouting stuff off, IMO. And I'm sure they want to play up the Hantz connection as much as possible. Granted, Russell wasn't stalker-like, but he was creepy in his own way, calling women his "queen" and doing that sleazy, flirty thing when he was supposedly happily married. In any case, I can't believe he told Coach his secret and that he went against his alliance this early in the game.

I like Cochran, I think there's a lot more to him than meets the eye. I'm not liking Ozzy so far (I had never watched him before on Survivor); when he found the immunity idol it looked rigged to me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: