Quantcast What ride did you get stuck on? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we've been pretty lucky...I can only remember one ride breaking down while we were on it and that was Toy Story Mania in 2008 They had it fixed in 10 minutes so it was not a big deal.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Only once have I ever gotten stuck on a ride. This was many years ago when I was still young and we were staying at The Polynesian. The park lost power while we were on the monorail just outside of The Contemporary. I don't remember how long it lasted, but we waited it out.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Splash Moutain right at the bottom of where the log goes down the big splash. I thought the whole ride had stopped, but nooooo. Down comes the log and it was like a typhoon! Water up to our ankles and we were soaking wet.

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't really stuck....but last trip my son and I were on TSM, and it crashed. The software, I mean. Everyone else was fine, but our "car" wouldn't work. We couldn't fire. We had no scores on our screens. We basically just sat there and watched. When we got off, they already knew. I guess they have sensors/monitors and just put us off to the side, and let us ride again just a few minutes later. It was interesting.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

My very first ride at Disney was POTC, and I got stuck at the end for about twenty minutes (this was before Captain Jack. Dang it.)

Other than a few 5-10 stops here and there, the worst one was on EE - we stopped JUST before we went over the mountain. And I'm terrified of heights. (Love that ride, but gotta keep my eyes closed during that part.) We were stuck for probably two minutes or so, but it felt like two days. I haven't ridden it since. (Trying to get up enough nerve to forgive it next trip...)
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on a few rides over the years, but the worst was the Haunted Mansion. I had a cold, wasn't feeling 100%, and our doom buggy was directly under an HVAC vent which was blowing out frigid air. Not a good place to be when you have a cold.

But, that hasn't stopped me from visiting the Haunted Mansion several times on each visit.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We were on Splash Mountain. They were coming to walk us off just as they got it going again. This was during an E-Ride night. Stuck for 35 minutes.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Been stuck a few times:

Got stuck on the Great Movie Ride for about 45 minutes in the Tarzan scene. That was pretty lame. I may not do that one ever again.

I too got stuck on Ellen's Energy Adventure. We had to walk out of the movie room at the ene. At least we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes and the ride was almost over anyhow.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

We've gotten stuck on quite a few, but the only time we ever had to walk off was when TSM broke down right after the first room - we sat there for about 30-40 minutes before they finally came around and walked us out. They gave us FPs so we got to ride it later in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, let's see, where to start:

Ellen's Engergy Adventure we were stuck for about 15 mins before the lights came on and we had to walk off.

Got stuck on Splash Mountain for 25 mins on the hill to the left of the big drop. We were directly in the line of fire for a water cannon that soaked us repeatedly the entire time we sat.

We were stuck on HM for 20 mins one time right next doors with the knockers on them. The Incessant knocking was awful. Finally the ride started to move, and then we were stuck again in the graveyard scene next to a ghost that pops up and screams. Terrible.
    In need of a Disney World fix really bad.

Dunkie

Post Thanks / Like

The only ride I've ever really been "stuck" on is Splash Mountain. It was in the "cave" turning into the entrance/exit area, and we were right in the coldest part of the whole ride. We were freezing the entire time, and it must've been for 30+ minutes. I think we got Fast Passes. Oh well...it didn't stop me from going on it again that trip. :-)

As a PP reported, I would NOT want to get stuck on Dinosaur. OMG scary!!!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

I wish when you got stuck, they'd cut off the music. i've been stuck on Haunted Mansion and Small World. The music is enough to make you want to shoot yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two incidents that come to mind. First, Test Track we were on the incline part when be ride stopped. Now, since I've never made it through the ride without at least one stop, I assumed it would start soon. Wrong. After a while, a CM came to our car and ushered us "backstage" and off the ride.

The other time we were on Dinosaur with my parents. It was their first time. The ride stopped for at least 20 minutes, but the audioanimatronics kept moving. You could hear the hydraulic actuators clicking off and on. My mom was freaking out. Finally she asked, "Should I call 911?" That line became the joke of the trip.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm a malfunctioning magnet!

Been stuck on carousel of progress many times. Still don't mind! Even if it is like groundhog day! No privacy around this place!!! Sorry Orville...

Been stuck on dinosaur, sat in darkness just before the terrodactyl/descent to ground floor. The EMV was stuck on a "rough road" loop. Complete silence and alot of hissing from the car! Then got stuck a minute later at the photo carnotaurus! Getting blasted with air. Never seen myself covering all the photo screens at the exit before!

Been stuck on tower of terror once, had to evacuate and walk down a big steel staircase from the coridoor scene. Was a good backstage run.

Pirates of the carribean, next to the jailers. Boat got wedged on one of the tighter turns. The result of loads of adults on one side of the boat and kids on the other. Was a slightly lop sided boat! :p Had to start waving of arms to rock and free the boat. Good spirit from everyone in my boat. And a surprised look from the cast member that came to see us as our boat was already sailing away when she arrived! :p

Jungle cruise the boats backed up as they had to remove one for technical difficulties from the load area. Sat next to the elephants for a while.

Test Track due to inclement weather. Had a good chat with the cast members who were patrolling the track due to the amazing seat belt software glitch that comes from pausing the ride!

And wasn't exactly stuck but have had the projectors from muppet vision become out of sync. One started about 3 mins before the other. So in left eye I saw a picture of kermit, right eye a completely different pic of fozzy bear. Together, one messed up picture! :p

So there is just a few. There are many more from disney parks around the world.

Post Thanks / Like

We have had short stops on most rides throughout all the parks, the only one we had to walk out of was the TTA. It stopped just before entering the main area of SM. Had to walk out and go down a set of stairs that were between SM and the back side of the car ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Mad Hatter & HM! But it doesn't happen everydays so it was FUN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
    Mad Hatter & HM! But it doesn't happen everydays so it was FUN
    OMG forgot Haunted Mansion!!

Got stuck in the spell room with the levitating head casting the spell with the musical instruments floating. Two seperate trips! Very cool...seriously!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

My mom and I got stuck on SE at the end of the ride during the backwards descent. That was uncomfortable.

The only other thing I remember is CoP. The very first room (where the narrator describes the attraction) had just ended but nothing was happening. We sat there for a long time, with the crowd starting to get a little rowdy, before a CM realized that something was blocking one of the motion sensors??? Is that how it works?

I was on the TTA by myself one time when SM was down and all the lights were on. I remember wanting to pull my camera out and take a picture, but I freaked out because I thought Disney would confiscate my camera for seeing something I "wasn't supposed to see"! Hahaha!
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dinosaur/Countdown to Ext..
    We were stuck for a while in our ride vehicle while the Loud BGM was running and the angry dinosaurs were still active. Fnally they turned all of the lights on, the BGM off and we had to walk our way out through the ride track. It was very cool to see the attraction with all the lights on. My nephew is no longer scared of the ride now that he walked through with the lights on
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmat View Post
    I think I'm a malfunctioning magnet!

Been stuck on carousel of progress many times. Still don't mind! Even if it is like groundhog day! No privacy around this place!!! Sorry Orville...

Been stuck on dinosaur, sat in darkness just before the terrodactyl/descent to ground floor. The EMV was stuck on a "rough road" loop. Complete silence and alot of hissing from the car! Then got stuck a minute later at the photo carnotaurus! Getting blasted with air. Never seen myself covering all the photo screens at the exit before!

Been stuck on tower of terror once, had to evacuate and walk down a big steel staircase from the coridoor scene. Was a good backstage run.

Pirates of the carribean, next to the jailers. Boat got wedged on one of the tighter turns. The result of loads of adults on one side of the boat and kids on the other. Was a slightly lop sided boat! :p Had to start waving of arms to rock and free the boat. Good spirit from everyone in my boat. And a surprised look from the cast member that came to see us as our boat was already sailing away when she arrived! :p

Jungle cruise the boats backed up as they had to remove one for technical difficulties from the load area. Sat next to the elephants for a while.

Test Track due to inclement weather. Had a good chat with the cast members who were patrolling the track due to the amazing seat belt software glitch that comes from pausing the ride!

And wasn't exactly stuck but have had the projectors from muppet vision become out of sync. One started about 3 mins before the other. So in left eye I saw a picture of kermit, right eye a completely different pic of fozzy bear. Together, one messed up picture! :p

So there is just a few. There are many more from disney parks around the world.
    You and I must go to WDW at the same time. Our last trip to MK this June, we got stuck on abut 12 rides. Some for only 5 minutes or so, others were 10-20 minutes. Fortunately the other parks, except EE, everything worked much better.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: