Quantcast What did we do?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: What did we do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What did we do?

So my wife and I are very interested (about 95% sure) in purchasing DVC. When we were in Disney at Christmas time, we went and took a tour, and sat down and talked to a salesman for a while.

When we returned home, I called with a few more questions that we had thought of after we left.....never got a return call.

So we let it go for a while and now we are very interested again. Someone I work with has DVC so they gave me the name of their agent, so I could at least get them credit. I called him Monday, spoke with him briefly, but he was about to go on a tour, and said he would call back within a few hours. As of right now, no return call.....

It is making this whole DVC experience a lot less enjoyable and makes us wonder what the customer service would be like once we did purchase....

Anyone have any thoughts on why they aren't returning our calls and do you find that once you purchase, it is easy to work with your agent??
    March 1996 - Dixie Landings
    March 2004 - Pop Century
    September 2007 - Honeymoon - AKL
    October 2008 - Family Trip - Coronado Springs
    Christmas 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    November 2012 - PO French Quarter
    September 2014 - Carribean Beach
    May 2015 - PO Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a "bum" agent. I'd call back and tell them that you are interested, had previously spoken with agent "X", but feel that he/she has not been responsive and you would like another agent.

DVC's member services staff has always been excellent (as far as I'm concerned). Don't let this experience turn you off.
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you've had that experience. Just like anywhere, there are people who are responsive in their jobs, and those who aren't. I have heard about people who absolutely love their "guides" and those who are glad they don't have to rely on them regularly.

Your guide is the contact person for your purchase, so it's important that you find someone you are comfortable with (although you won't be communicating with them on any kind of regular basis when you're actually using your points; member services takes care of that).

There are plenty of people on these boards whose guides provide great customer service and who I'm sure will be happy to give you their names.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe that you aren't getting call back from your sales guide. Even though my work and financial situation has changed I still hear from my saleman at least every two months and I get a call once a year. She's been great! I bought in 2006.
    Hope you are able to find someone there who can assist you.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Give it another try, there are definately really great reps in the sales dept.

Once you are a member the reps that help you book your vacation will help you with things you didn't even know you needed help with.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my points re-sale so didn't deal with their sales team but my experience with DVC staff has always been very positive. I'm hoping that you are experiencing the excetion and not the rule. I would also recommend that you check out the Intercot sponsor "Timeshare Store" if you are looking to buy. I found my dollar went much further there than with Disney direclty. Just be aware of the new rules/limitation being put on DVC resales. Timeshare store staff will fill you in but if you are planning to use this solely for Disney stays there really is no difference. Hope your experience improves. Stick with it. I''m so glad DW and I joined.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AHOTE View Post
    Hard to believe that you aren't getting call back from your sales guide. Even though my work and financial situation has changed I still hear from my saleman at least every two months and I get a call once a year. She's been great! I bought in 2006.
    Hope you are able to find someone there who can assist you.
    Mine is very good as well. I get regular e-mails from her and the occasional phone call. I'd say a majority of the Guides are very good at their jobs. Just a shame there are a few bad ones out there.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

We went in for a second tour with the same person and I wont give you her name because I dont want to make her out to be a bad person but When we arrived she said, "oh hi, I remember you guys. So did you have questions?" We said, "no. we just wanted to take the tour again." She says, "Ok, so then why are you here?" Really? Why are we here. I had to explain that my inlaws were going to join in on the tour with us and that they might be interested in it. She then changed her tune. I am sorry if for one year, it is not affordable but even if you know the gig, you should still be allowed to tour and think about it again without being judged or talked down to in a way that suggests, dont waste my time on you. So far, I have not been impressed with DVC. One thing that my MIL and I both agree on is if we are IN WDW and we want to book our next DVC vacation, at that time, we would like a DVC CM to sit down with us and book it with us, face to face. I personally hate booking over the phone and I would love to have someone share an interest in where we stay and how we could best use our points to benefit our family and clear up any confusions for each individual trip and I believe that we pay enough for it to have this offered. Esp. since it appears that there are a lot of CMs hanging around the DVC at SS with not a lot to do.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default We love ours!

We have had the same rep since 1996 and she just retired. She would email us, send us mail and even call us while we wer on vacation to let us know she was there for us. it all worked because we bought 3 times! She gave us over to a new rep this year.. We'll see! we loved her and sent her a "Thank you" card when she reitired.Hope you can get a good one!
    ¸,ø¤º°`¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Karen°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸¸,DVC MEMBER
    ¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø"If you believe in Magic, you belong..."¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: