Quantcast Worth it??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Worth it??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth it??

We are staying at Disney for 11 nights/12 days. So we have 1 day that is a non-park day (10 day PH plus will purchase MNSSHP for day 11 and do DTD during the day and go to the party at night). Is it worth the hassle/expense to do US or IOA after 10+ days of Disney? Would you do SW or something else instead?? or just a "down" day to lounge around at the WL? It is me and DH only. We have done US/IOA/SW before, but it's been a few years. We do enjoy coasters, but - is it worth the hassle and expense?? Would love to hear all your thoughts!!!
    Thanks!!!
    Kari
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    Almost 2 weeks of Disney. I'm very jealous. I've never spent more than 1 week onsite so my thoughts are certainly not based on having been there that long but more on my experience from a full week. I would personally vote for a non-park day. I love so many of the "other stuff" around the world and can actually be very content there for several days without a park visit. Here are some of my favourites.
    - Your Resort Pool
    - Tour resorts that you've never seen.
    - Boardwalk
    - Mini Golf
    - Visit a water park (I had to be persuaded my first time to go to one of these but they really are awesome)
    - Rent a pontoon boat and go on your own personal cruise.
    Those are my thoughts! I'm sure you will have fun no matter what you choose.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Personally we prefer the resort days in our free time on those long trips. Running around the parks all that time can get pretty tiresome and a nice day of R&R on your vacation doesn't hurt.

My personal feelings about universal are that it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years. We are not fans of Harry Potter, and although we love the Hulk and the Mummy there just isn't enough at Universal, Islands of Adventure or Sea World to draw us away from WDW for the day.

However, if you are a fan of Harry Potter I hear the new attraction is pretty fantastic. You may want to make the trip if this is something of interest to you.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    My personal feelings about universal are that it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years.
    As someone who has gone to Universal at least 6 times in the last 10 years I have to say I respectfully disagree with this statement. Without looking into exact dates, I am guessing that Universal's parks have added more new attractions than Disney's.

We as a family stay in the Orlando area 10 days each vacation and are spending less time in Disney and more in Universal than before. In fact now, we have been staying in Universal Hotels instead of Disney's for part of our vacation (we are in a timeshare for the other 7 days).

I feel Universal is worth the short trip, if you are staying on Disney property, but I wouldn't try to do both parks in one day. You would miss too much at each park.

Also, I suggest trying Universal's Halloween party instead of Disney's. It really blows Disney's party away and it is different every year.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We just went to US for the first time after our last Disney trip. We had so much fun that when we return to Disney next, we'll plan to go back!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts!!
    Still not sure what we will want to do. It's in the middle of the 2nd week we are there, so I guess we'll have to see how much energy we have at that point. Glad to hear that some of you think US is worth doing, but does make for a harder decision
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We did the hop over to Universal while staying at WDW. My sons were along, so it was 4 adults. We enjoyed seeing the HP section and ride. We did quite a bit and used 2 of the 3days on our tickets. No one wanted the 3rd day, once the rides were tried, we we done.

It seemed much hotter than WDW. It was probably a lack of know-how. We know how and where to cool off in WDW.

It was easy to drive over and back. We did watch our timing to avoid rush hour.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rest Day

We find after a busy week/s in the Parks at WDW we need a good day of r & r. I have been able to fit in Sea World (which is wonderful in itself) or Universal Studios. Sea World would be my first choice. That being said, Universal Studios isn't too hectic and for a few hours there, you will enjoy it. It's different, this is my first time going to Universal not Disney, either way you will have a good time.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I think its worth a day for US. used Mears shuttle which was easy.
    but I wouldnt spend days there.
    after so many trips to WDW there are still things to do. i always say im gonna spend more downtime at the resort but dont.
    Ive never done the waterparks, mini golf..only one of the tours..
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default sweet...

We head out to WDW in 2 weeks (from New Zealand) and are also planning to do MNSSHP as well. We were debating on heading over to US for a day or so as we will be on WDW property for 3 weeks and DW has never been to US. I am hoping we can squeeze all of US and WWOHP in to 1 hectic day as our WDW time will be relaxing and restfull (with 3 weeks it had better) and nto too keen to shell out for more $$ at US. Nice to see others doing the same.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from 9 days at WDW and for 2 of those we did US, IOA, Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia. We did this just to get a break from the Disney crowds and trans. No offense, Mickey. And we had rented a car, too. It was nice to have a little off time from our regular vacation. Having only been to US 3 times (this was our first for IOA) out of 13 Disney trips, it was worth it for us.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: