Quantcast National Harbor in Maryland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default National Harbor in Maryland

I was down at National Harbor on the Potomac River just outside DC last week on vacation. Yes I felt the Earthquake. It was announced a year ago that they had purchased 16 acres for a Disney hotel and Water park to be built on land behind the Wyndham Resort. As of yet there has been no ground breaking. Has anybody heard about a time table as to when they will start? I also understand that this will not be a DVC resort.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere recently that the DC project was on an "indefinite hold."

However, I hope this is not true. I frequent the DC area and I would definitely stay at a Disney resort. I'm still bummed Disney's America didn't happen
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this resort was announced prior to the economic downturn. Disney still owns the land, so they can keep it and eventually develop it, or sell it. I hope they eventually do build this resort, although I'm not holding my breath.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I belong to Wyndham resorts. I was told by people there that it is still coming but they don't know when. They also stole one of the Museums from DC. The National Kids Museum is coming there also. It was my first visit to National Harbor. I love it. It is a self contained area. It has it's own exit off of Route 95. It has it's own Metro bus that goes to the nearest Metro station on Branch Ave. All it really needs is a Grocery store and Gas station (which is being built now). The restaurants are a little pricey but good. Cadillac Ranch is awesome. I will be back in 2 years... But my next vacation is in October of 2012 at WDW.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: