Quantcast Fantasmic Package Cancelled!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic Package Cancelled!!!

Ok, I booked all my dining reservations at the 180 day mark. I have been checking periodically on the park schedule, etc. Well, Disney changed the dates for Fantasmic! When I called to verify, I was told that there were no dinner packages for Fantasmic on the new nights! What the heck???? I did what I was supposed to do and I got screwed! Please tell me that waiting in line for Fantasmic with my 3 kids won't be horrid? The disney person told me I would have to line up and HOUR before the show!!!
    Andrsue
    Oct 2003 Offsite Stay
    Sept 2008 ASM
    Nov 2011 Contemporary
    May 2014 Offsite Stay
    Upcoming Nov 2017 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the reasons we haven't done Fantasmic in years. We love Sci Fi and its not park of the Fantasmic package so we've never done the package. When they switched Fantasmic to only a few nights a week the wait got so long that we felt it wasn't worth it. Even when Fantasmic was every night there were times we did end up waiting an hour between the time we got in line to go into the theater, the time spent waiting once we got seated, till the show actually started. I want to say most times we headed to the line about 30-45 minutes before show time, but still....it felt like an hour or more.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that does stink. I hope that doesn't happen to us in December.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read recently that Fantasmic was going back to nightly showings???
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is back to nightly showings, at least through March. That should cut down on the huge lines considerably.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Fantasmic is back to nightly showings.
    Well, that's sure to make Ian happy.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is back to nightly showings, at least through March. That should cut down on the huge lines considerably.
    That's what I thought.

So why would the original posters night be cancelled if they are having showings everynight??? They didn't mention when their trip was, but if its between now and March there seems to have been some misunderstanding maybe????
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nightly? Really??

I am confused...I just checked the intercot info pages & they did not show Fantasmic to be nightly on the schedule...did I miss something?
    I'd LOVE to know that it really is nightly, it will be easier for us...
    TIA
    Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98,2/2000, 9/2000, 11/2001, 11/2002, 4/2003, 11/2003, 11/05, 2/07, 2/08 -world's greatest family reunion! 1/11-18/2010 15th wedding anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Default February Fantasmic

We are going during winter break in February and when I called the cast member told me that Fantasmic will be offered the entire week. I called back a couple of days later after putting together our scheduler and I was told by another cast member that more dining packages will be offered. I hope she's right!

February '12 - Coronado again!
    April '10 - POFQ
    April '09 - Coronado Springs - loved it!
    Feb '07 - POFQ
    Feb '06 - POFQ
    Nov '04 - POP
    Mar '02 - POR
    Aug '92 - Contemporary - Honeymoon
    Many trips prior as a child!

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the post regarding no Fantasmic on Nov 17, I called to confirm our ADRs for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Nov 17. The CM told me that they were having problems updating the calendars but there would be a show on the 17th and our ADRs are fine for the Dinner package. Hopefully he was correct.
    All Star Sports - 2011
    Poly - 2006
    All Star Movies -2004[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems we are in the same boat as Andrsue..I call again today to verify our Fantasmic Dinning Package for the 17th of Nov and was told by a CM that there was a note on our reservation stating that they had notified us that the Fantasmic show for the 17th was rescheduled for the 16th and there would not be a show on the 17th. She could not even verify if they have notified us by phone or email. After that I was totally confused, (2 calls 2 different answers)..I decided to call and verify that the rest of our reservations were still ok. The CM verified all the ADRS and told me our ADR for the 17th are still showing they are for the Fantasmic Dinner package??? I am thinking about just cancelling the ADR for the 17th and just wing it and wait in line another night. It is frustrating making your ADRs at 180 days according to the park calendars just to have them switch it up and then to get 3 different answers!! Sorry for the rant...just needed to vent!
    All Star Sports - 2011
    Poly - 2006
    All Star Movies -2004[/COLOR]