Quantcast Split dining plan with different ressies allowed??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Split dining plan with different ressies allowed??

In October, DW and I will be headed to BWV for a weeklong stay with her folks in a 2BR villa. During this time, we elected to purchase the Standard DDP. Once her folks leave, we move into a studio (completely different room and ressie number) and have elected to have no DDP at all. Is this allowed under the new policy or are we gonna have to add the plan and fight for any ADR we can find because of the free dining offer for everyone staying on Disney property except DVC?? Just curious....
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's allowed. Just remember that your DDP credits expire after your 2BR stay. Not sure what new policy you're referring to, but if I am required to purchase the DDP with my DVC stays, I'll be selling my ownership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SignguyTom View Post
    Is this allowed under the new policy or are we gonna have to add the plan and fight for any ADR we can find because of the free dining offer for everyone staying on Disney property except DVC?? Just curious....
    It is my understanding that the free dining offer is limited to those who purchase an undiscounted room and park tickets as part of their package. Yes, DVC members are excluded when they stay on points rather than pay rack rate for a room. But so are those of us who book an AP, Florida resident or any other type of discounted room rate.

Basically, "free" dining is really just another type of discount. Depending on your eating habits, it may or may not be better than a room discount, or the total savings DVC members enjoy over the course of many years of vacations.

Hope you enjoy your trip. BWV is a beautiful property--it's on our list to try in the future.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

When you are changing rooms it is allowed to not have the dining plan for both.
    Also, just for future reference if you ever do decide to have the dining plan for both rooms during your entire stay, the first half expires with the first room. So use up all your credits for the first room or you will lose them when you switch to your new room.
    We learned this the hard way when we were there in May. (It's in my trip reports)
    Enjoy!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update to this: DVC has a new policy re: DDP and split stays. As of Sept 6, 2011 if you want DDP you must get it for every person staying in your room(s) for the entire time you will be on property regardless of split reservations. We have reservations Nov 4-12 for 1 BR VWL., a friend decided to join us Nov8 -11, we were told on 9/1 that the best way to handle this was split ressie into Nov4-8 for 3 of us with DDP, Nov8-12 for 4 of us with DDP (our guest would have to pay an extra days worth but we could deal with this). Today after very heated discussions with 2 DVC cast members I was pushed up to Erica a "supervisor" who told me that despite previous conversations they would no longer be honoring this method of handling DDP. She stated that even current stays that were previously booked "split" would revert to new policy. Erica cited several reasons including: ''There were too many difficulties with guests checking out and back in and keys not working (sounds like a system problem WDW should fix) there were too many problems with people not being able to use their credits in the proper time frame (thinking they would carry over across reservations) and there were too many problems with cast members giving incorrect info re: how the system works (sounds like a training problem Disney should fix) so 2 out of 3 problems are infrastructure but once again DVC members get shafted. So, essentially, we have the choice of no DDP or paying for 8 nights dining for a guest who will only eat 2 sit down meals (did I mention he's had gastric bypass and won't even eat much?). We even considered just paying OOP for a room at Allstars but the cost vs. extra DDP is about double. My DH will not consider not using DDP so, I booked us 2 Signature experiences instead! But everyone consider yourself warned!!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL