Quantcast Early November weather

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early November weather

Hey gang! Just sent in our final payment and now we're in serious planning mode! I'm having an information session with my bro & sis-in-law next weekend to go over the basic stuff they need to know.

What I'm not sure about is weather. I see that historical temps are really all over the place for the first week of November, and I was hoping someone could put it into layman's terms for me. I've been there in mid-October (hot), Sept (hot and humid) and last Dec (freezing cold!). Realistically, what should we pack? Capris and shorts? Pants? Can we get by wearing sweatshirts at night or should we bring coats? And, if the weather will be warm, is it "we still need sunscreen" warm? Should we pack swimsuits? Is humidity still an issue--do I need to worry about rainstorms?

As always, I appreciate your help!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Same question for me...we're going Nov. 12 - 19th.....wondering what to pack! POFQ for us!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I always bring a little of everything. It's often hot in the day and then cool at night. I've been there and it's been very cold at night and it can be very, very warm in the day. We go for Dh's birthday every year 11/11. We come from New York so I bring my jacket with me with removal lining so I can use it in Florida. Bring some shorts and tees, sweatshirts and jeans too.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Stepahine is correct.. We have been several times in early November and you have to bring a little of both. Last time I was able to wear shorts primarily but the year before we had thermal underwear and earmuffs. But otherwise it is a fantastic month! Hello Stephanie!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes November whether is different. It is very cool at the night time and very hot at the day time, be prepared with that whether.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    I always bring a little of everything. It's often hot in the day and then cool at night. I've been there and it's been very cold at night and it can be very, very warm in the day. We go for Dh's birthday every year 11/11. We come from New York so I bring my jacket with me with removal lining so I can use it in Florida. Bring some shorts and tees, sweatshirts and jeans too.
    While I absolutely appreciate your input, I have to say UGH at the packing nightmare this will be LOL Last December (first week), it was so unexpectedly cold that I had to buy myself a hat and gloves, and scarves for me & DD...we come from NJ so we left the cold, but I didn't anticipate it would be AS cold as it'd been here!

It's so much easier (read: lighter!) to pack when you're heading to hot temps!

Thanks, though!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

It's impossible to say what the weather will be. It could be anything. As noted, November temps are all over the place. June-September I can pretty much tell you what to expect every single day. And with limits on baggage you don't want to pack everything. So, keep an eye on the weather forecast thread in this forum. I do the forecast 16 days out (as far as the models go). Once we get to that point you'll have a good idea of what to expect in terms of temps, but you can't plan for November weather more than a week or two in advance.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It's impossible to say what the weather will be. It could be anything. As noted, November temps are all over the place. June-September I can pretty much tell you what to expect every single day. And with limits on baggage you don't want to pack everything. So, keep an eye on the weather forecast thread in this forum. I do the forecast 16 days out (as far as the models go). Once we get to that point you'll have a good idea of what to expect in terms of temps, but you can't plan for November weather more than a week or two in advance.
    Oh, believe me I'll be watching your forecasts VERY closely, Chris! You have not once steered us wrong when it comes to weather in Orlando, and your posts are greatly appreciated!
    Christi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Oh, believe me I'll be watching your forecasts VERY closely, Chris! You have not once steered us wrong when it comes to weather in Orlando, and your posts are greatly appreciated!
    Ditto!! Chris' reports are part of my trip countdown. I always look forward to the day when my arrival date is part of his forecast. Thanks for the great work, Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

We have made 4 trips in early november and the weather luckily has always been very nice. Highs usually within a few degrees of 80. Usually shorts and a sweatshirt have been ok for me at night, but there definitely could be days where pants are needed. 50s at night are not out of the question. Definitely checking the forecast right before u leave will be helpful. I bring mostly summer clothes with just a few things for the cooler evenings. it is a great time of the year to go. Have never had humidity issues (but still warm enough to do water rides) and always minimal to no rain.
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

Post Thanks / Like

We went the first week in November last year and it was cold during the day. Having been so many times the end of Oct with hot temperatures, we did not pack properly for the cold November days. We had to buy jackets and sweats at Disney andi it cost us a small fortune.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    We went the first week in November last year and it was cold during the day. Having been so many times the end of Oct with hot temperatures, we did not pack properly for the cold November days. We had to buy jackets and sweats at Disney andi it cost us a small fortune.
    Thanks for this, I'd like to avoid these costs. There are so many other ways I'd like to spend my money LOL
    Christi

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: