Quantcast Can I pout for a moment? Horrible first vacation - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel awful for all of you. That was the saddest trip report... First of all, it is no fun being sick, then to be sick away from home is really awful.

You deserve a do-over. I hope you'll start planning another trip soon!!

Hope everyone is back to health!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

wow...that sounds so sad...not sure what to say other than "Get well soon" and I'm so sorry you had such a rough go of it. We've had a few trips where one or two of us got sick and had to go to either the ER or a walk-in clinic for anti-biotics, but never one where illness picked us all off.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I can totally relate x3!

It really can ruin a vacation when someone gets sick. My past THREE WDW trips have been clouded by illness (first me, second trip my husband, and last one, my sister). It really can ruin everything. I'm so sorry your first trip went this way.

Luckily, your kids are little. The memory of this will pass, and next time, things will be better (hopefully!). Unfortunately, illness on vacation is something you can never really anticipate, but I'm sure you learned some things this time around that will make the situation easier if it happens again.

I hope you all feel better soon and I'm happy to see you are already planning a return trip in a couple years!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry that happened. I'm glad you are already considering another trip. You deserve it. I would still be pouting if I were you.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

You are all so wonderful. Thank you so much for the sympathy and commiseration. I'm feeling much better physically. Still pretty bummed about what happened, but looking forward to our do-over.

I did think it was pathetically cute when my 6 year old said she was too young to go to jail, but I was also quietly sobbing in the front seat over the whole thing while waiting for the officer to come back with my ticket.

The first night of this whole affair was pretty bad because we were staying off site and when we called down to the front desk to get more bed linens, they sent them up, but gave me nothing to clean with. So, wet bed, smelly, just .

I will say though, Disney was amazing in helping us out. I went into the park the day after my oldest got sick to find out about any possible refunds for unused tickets. They gave us our money back for three MNSSHP tickets we had purchased (and wouldn't be able to attend) as well as putting the remaining ticket amounts on a gift card for us to use. THEN, they went above and beyond and gave us 4 two day tickets for when we come back. Yet again I cried at City Hall in MK when the gentleman did that for me. So for Disney.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    You are all so wonderful. Thank you so much for the sympathy and commiseration. I'm feeling much better physically. Still pretty bummed about what happened, but looking forward to our do-over.

I did think it was pathetically cute when my 6 year old said she was too young to go to jail, but I was also quietly sobbing in the front seat over the whole thing while waiting for the officer to come back with my ticket.

The first night of this whole affair was pretty bad because we were staying off site and when we called down to the front desk to get more bed linens, they sent them up, but gave me nothing to clean with. So, wet bed, smelly, just .

I will say though, Disney was amazing in helping us out. I went into the park the day after my oldest got sick to find out about any possible refunds for unused tickets. They gave us our money back for three MNSSHP tickets we had purchased (and wouldn't be able to attend) as well as putting the remaining ticket amounts on a gift card for us to use. THEN, they went above and beyond and gave us 4 two day tickets for when we come back. Yet again I cried at City Hall in MK when the gentleman did that for me. So for Disney.
    Glad to hear the mouse do the right thing

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

You know, the next trip almost has to be better, as bad as this one was. And your kids probably won't remember - except maybe the 6 yr old. Hopefully she's not the drama queen that my sister's 7 yr old granddaughter is.

Touch wood, every trip only one of our group has gotten sick. We bring at least one 12 pk of ginger ale with us to the resort now, because of that.

That's great that Disney was so good about your tickets. You've got a head start on your next trip.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Your next trip has to be better! I am so happy Disney helped you out and gave you something for your next trip. One day you will be able to look back at the moment your daughter cried about being too young to go to jail and all laugh about it. So for your next trip load up on vitamin c before you go and enjoy! Glad you are feeling better and everyone is on the mend!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, when Disney makes it right, they really make it right.

While you didn't feel the magic while you where there, you've got and IOU for magic next time!

P.S I would have been sobbing in City Hall too!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I pout for a moment? Horrible first vacation

Nice silver lining! What a good start to your 2013 planning.

Post Thanks / Like

Love hearing this! You all will have a wonderful return vacation. I'm sure of it!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry you had the horrible trip. We have had a few like that and when you or family members are ill I can understand your frustration. We have even brought our youngest home on crutches one year!

Hope your next trip to WDW is full of Pixie Dust and everyone is well!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about this-
    all the planning we can't stop things like this from happening.
    Next time will be better...
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so sorry for your dissappointment. We have experienced illnesses over the years as well while at WDW. I agree start hydrating, vitamin C, and all other preventive measures a couple weeks before leaving. I would make another suggestion for your next trip as well. Stay on property at a Disney resort. We have said more than once it is better to be sick at WDW than healthy at home! Staying on property allows the part of the family that is not sick to enjoy the magic 24hrs a day, and Disney has a way of making things right.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about your trip, but while I was reading I thought, there must be something Disney can do for you. Then I read further and was very happy to see that they did!

It's so disappointing when things go wrong. Our vacations where one of our members HASN'T had to visit that nice urgent-care center on World Center Drive are in the minority. We've had to deal with injuries as well as sickness on almost every trip. But WDW is still there for us to go back to!

Keep planning that next vacation!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Omg *hugs* I'm so sorry you had such a terrible first trip...Our first trip for my birthday in 07 or 08 ( I cant remember exactly) in January of one of those years I got violently ill...We took a bus from Pop Century to Magic Kingdom then we monorailed to Polynessian and then part way thru dinner the "Ugh I hate flying stomach ache" turned into me running thru the resturant to become intimately acquainted with the Poly's bathroom...I didn't get to keep anything down from that meal and when we monorailed back to MK after dinner I had to sit in the floor against my mom's legs cause looking out the window was making me woozy...To make matters worse I had to stop and be sick another time and couldn't locate a bathroom so took off running to the farthest shrub away from the general population...I was crying (at age 21 at this point, mind you) that "Walt was going to hate me for throwing up in his shrub outside of the happiest place on earth.." It was a awful trip all around, cause I just hardly couldn't ever shake it...I felt God-awful about the whole thing for years until last Jan when me and Mom went back and I saw a little girl being sick in my same bush with her parents looking at a complete loss as to what to do..I hate so bad yall were sick but on the upside yall survived and when you go back you will be seeing the park for the first time all over again! Wishing you lots of disney magic and happy healing <3
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry your trip wasn't a dream come true. Hope you are able to enjoy your next one a lot more.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Disney Trip

I'm really sorry to learn of your Disney trip. I know that from Massachusetts, it's a loong drive and specially with kids. Next time, book Jet Blue, they give the best travel experience, I think of all the airlines. If you book through, Magical Journeys, you will get a room discount, get all your luggage tags for the Disney Express Bus (which is free) and Disney puts your luggage in your room. So you don't have to worry about your luggage. The bus trip to WDW is totally wonderful, and everyone is engaged in activites. Now to me, when I took my GD for the first time ever, for her, the last night, I got extremely sick we barely made it to our plane, I used the bathroom on the plane, and I will not give you details, that being said, I was so sick, I didn't think I would make it home, really. Whatever I had, it took me two days to recoup. Other than that, we had a great trip.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: