Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2011

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2011

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss Sundays), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Monday pm, October 31, 2011
    Happy Halloween!

I love it when the weather does what it's supposed to. Everything has played out as forecast. The rain moved through this morning, but is now pushing out to sea and the rest of the day will be clear with a high of 72. For tomorrow, look for a high 76-78 with a low 52-54. Wednesday will be 78-80 with a low 57-59. Thursday and Friday the highs will run 80-82 with lows 61-63. I don't see signs of any significant rain all the way through Monday. There is a slight chance of some spotty showers on Friday and again on Monday, but nothing really organized. The high Saturday should be 77-79, then 82-84 for Sunday and Monday with lows around 60.

Long range...Nov 7-16 looks like more of the same. Highs will stay low to mid 80s as a high pressure builds over Florida and shunts all the fronts away from Florida. If that high breaks down, things will be different, but right now the pattern looks pretty solid. No real chance of rain beyond a possible pop up brief shower.

Travel Impact
    No major delays today or tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics
    While we are well past the climatological peak of the 2011 hurricane season, we are still technically IN that season! In early November, tropical cyclone formation is sporadic, but the few storms that have developed over the years seem to like the Caribbean’s warm water a little more than the more hostile environment near the Gulf or Western Atlantic. The main historic tracks of November storms usually steer storms away from the United States. For now, nothing is on the horizon and I definitely don't expect tropical formation this week.

Click here to see WDW's 2011 Hurricane Policy.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

we'll be arriving in Disney on Oct 5th -14th should we be worried about the rain that is showing up alot.
    LYNN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter's #1 fan View Post
    we'll be arriving in Disney on Oct 5th -14th should we be worried about the rain that is showing up alot.
    Not at all. I don't see significant rain any time soon. Any rain that does occur will be just pop up afternoon thunderstorms that last less than an hour. I think the majority of those will stay alon the coast, but one could drift inland. Still, nothing to worry about. If one does come over, just throw on a poncho, or find a place to rest for a few minutes and it'll be over soon.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

No big heat wave the week of the 17th?

The last 2 years we have gone the same week and had freakishly hot days (mid 90's). So, is it safe to say low to mid 80's during our visit? I know it's voodoo land but, I'm trying to decide packing activities this weekend!

Thanks for the daily updates.... I'm getting so excited.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We are arriving on Oct. 27th til Nov. 4th. Hoping for low 80's and 60's at night. Not sure how to pack. I'll be checking back when you extend to that time frame!
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    The last 2 years we have gone the same week and had freakishly hot days (mid 90's). So, is it safe to say low to mid 80's during our visit?
    As you said, it's voodoo, but right now I don't see any big heat waves coming in October. I think you're safe to plan on 80s, though upper 80s aren't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferS. View Post
    We are arriving on Oct. 27th til Nov. 4th. Hoping for low 80's and 60's at night. Not sure how to pack. I'll be checking back when you extend to that time frame!
    The models go out 16 days, so that will give you an idea of when I'll get to your timeframe. 5 more days for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving in the morning! My DH has been watching the local Orlando news and they are calling for up to 6-8 inches of rain this weekend!? I just want to be prepared.... Do you really think there could be that much rain this weekend?? I really hope not! I'm so done with rain!!! We have had a total of 5 days of sunshine since the beginning of Sept! I just really want to see the sun!!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

April, I think that's possible in some areas, but not across the board. There will definitely be some periods of heavy rain with this system, especially tomorrow. I think on Sunday it'll be one batch that moves through. Keep in mind, though, with a tropical system 2" of rain can easily fall in an hour. Even 6-8" of rain doesn't mean an all day thing in the tropics. Most of your vacation, though, should be rain free. Just have to get through tomorrow and Sunday. I hope you have a good trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! I've got the ponchos ready to go!! At least I will be in WDW and not sitting in MD in the rain!! Just hoping that it's all dried out by Mon for MNSSHP!! Thanks for the updates!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRoosMommy View Post
    Thanks!! I've got the ponchos ready to go!! At least I will be in WDW and not sitting in MD in the rain!! Just hoping that it's all dried out by Mon for MNSSHP!! Thanks for the updates!
    I think you should definitely be fine by Monday night's party. And keep in mind what I mentioned in the forecast - there are a couple of models that limit the rain completely to tomorrow. I think it'll be both days, but at least there's a chance.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Forecasts are useless here in central Florida.
    Don't plan anything based on them.
    At some point it will rain. It will be sunny. It will be warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddie View Post
    Forecasts are useless here in central Florida.
    Don't plan anything based on them.
    At some point it will rain. It will be sunny. It will be warm.
    I disagree.
    Chris does a great service to INTERCOT by offering his forecasts. I owe him for last December. I followed his forecast and knew in advance that I would experience rather unseasonably cold weather last year. One of those days the high was only 36 and the wind-chill was below freezing the whole day. Had it not been for Chris, I would not have taken hats, gloves, scarves and ear-muffs. Thank you again, Chris!
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, please tell that tropical system for Oct. 22 and 23 to cool it. That's when I arrive!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Chris, please tell that tropical system for Oct. 22 and 23 to cool it. That's when I arrive!
    I'll be sure to send the Boss a memo about that.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I'll be sure to send the Boss a memo about that.
    Yes, please. I see nothing but sunshine in the Orlando forecast -- until I arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you're doing a pretty good job at keeping the tropical storm at bay so far, Chris. Doesn't look like it'll be too big of a threat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Seems like you're doing a pretty good job at keeping the tropical storm at bay so far, Chris. Doesn't look like it'll be too big of a threat!
    Thanks! I wish I could claim credit. Seriously, though, even though the majority of the models are getting the Caribbean all stirred up in a few days, most models are also showing a pretty decent trough developing over the East Coast for the latter half of October which should keep those systems pushed to the south. Nothing is certain, but right now it looks like the greater threat would be to South Florida rather than the Orlando area.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Chris, it looks like things are trending towards cooler temps the end of the month... is that what you're expecting to follow through? We're there the 27-31, and although 70's is great, we're hoping for a small bit of swimming weather!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe, I think it's about a 50-50 chance of the weather actually ending up cooler. Certainly cooler weather is coming at the end of October. It all depends on how far south the trough comes and that's impossible to say right now.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

i know i will enjoy being there no matter what the weather. but i really dont want highs in the 60's. crosssing my fingers and toes and wishing real hard.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: