Quantcast NFL WEEK 6 ...the god the bad and the ugly

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile NFL WEEK 6 ...the god the bad and the ugly

So what did you see this weekend...

MNF- Jets dolphins
    to start- I will take the win.
    The Jets offense was pathetic early. luckily they were playing the fish, and eventually got into some sort of grove. I still think the offensive line is a major factor in their losses, but the way they got going should give them some confidence.
    The Jets Defense- talk about bending. the let up some crazy yards to the dolphins early, but then figured out what to do. (more on that later)

The dolphins- to start I thought the rookie QB did a good job overall. He seemed to be accurate and he can take a hit.
    the main reason the dolphins lost, or were not winning- dropped passes. Truth is, they should have been up like 17-14 going into the half. That is if they could have caught the ball. I also do not get marshall. he said he was going to be a monster. I did not think he ment HERMAN MUNSTER (you know kind of big and goofy).
    But how does he run out of bounds with no one near him, cromartie fell down he was wide open, heck he did not drop the ball. But then he has an open shot to the end zone and runs out of bounds
    But the real problem for the dolphins is that they gave up, somewhere early in the second half. By the 4th, most of the team seemed to not care. so i do not blame the loss on the rookie QB. He may not have been perfect, but the guys around him...
    oh yeah, to conclude- the jets d figured out what to do- just run with the dolphins recievers and let them screw up.

on ward and up-
    The bills played the giants tough. They could be a very surprising team this year.

does anyone care about the dust up over the handshake (SF and detroit head coaches) ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Eagles ...

The Good: They won ... sort of ...

The Bad: I'm pretty sure they still stink

The Ugly: Rex Grossman
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dolphins:

The Good: 5 down, 11 to go.

The Bad: Hoping that their owner doesn't fire Sparano. The team has quit on him. They get an interim coach and they might win a few games. Don't want that!

The ugly: Guels thinking Marshall is "big and goofy." Good thing he is Guels, or "big and goofy" would have schooled "Revis Island." Marshall pretty much manhandled him. If he didn't have butterfingers he would have had more yards than the 65 he did against Revis, and should have caught 2 TDs against Revis also. The one that went right through his hands would have been one, and the obvious hometown pass interference non-call on the 100 yd INT return would have been another.

Think about it, you had a team with a patchwork OL, a "big and goofy" WR, and a 5 year journeyman QB with only like 16 starts in his career (not a rookie like you said, he came into the league with Dallas in '07 and was Carolina's starting QB last season.) making his FIRST start with a new team and not really knowing the offense, and they went right after Revis with some pretty decent success. You don't think other teams noticed that? Maybe they'll stop NOT throwing Revis' way. If a lousy QB like Moore can do that, what do you think Rivers, Fitzgerald and Brady will do?

Post Thanks / Like

Patriots
    The Good: They won, barely

The Bad: Ochocinco, 'nuff said (insert RI accent here)

The Ugly: Defense, has more holes than swiss cheese.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The Bad: Hoping that their owner doesn't fire Sparano. The team has quit on him. They get an interim coach and they might win a few games. Don't want that!
    Funny you say that ... Mike and Mike had Herm Edwards on this morning (who I love) and he was saying that the only reason Sparano hasn't been fired is because the owner knows the team hasn't quit on him. Mike and Mike agreed with him, so I'm inclined to think that's the case.

And I hate to tell you this, but I think you're getting your first win this weekend. Denver stinks.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Herm Edwards is a good guy!!

There was a lot of drama in week six. Holy cow...The Vikings that's some bad ball playing.
    The Bills losing to the Giants. That was a good game! Not a cowboys fan by any stretch, but I would have loved to see them beat the Patriots. No...they self destruct and Tom Brady throws a perfect touchdown with 22 seconds left.
    My JETS won, but they better start looking sharper. Offense is sloppy at best. They were looking BAD in the first quarter period. Between ESPN's coverage of the game and the sloppy playing it was a lot to handle!
    On to week 7!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Good: Giants beat the only team that beat the Pats and they get Miami next.

Bad: I missed the game.

Ugly: With the bye next week, that means 20 days without seeing The Giants.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Patriots
    The Good: They won, barely

The Bad: Ochocinco, 'nuff said (insert RI accent here)

The Ugly: Defense, has more holes than swiss cheese.
    Yeah, I'm here nodding along. What you said.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Funny you say that ... Mike and Mike had Herm Edwards on this morning (who I love) and he was saying that the only reason Sparano hasn't been fired is because the owner knows the team hasn't quit on him. Mike and Mike agreed with him, so I'm inclined to think that's the case.
    You obviously didn't watch the game. The Dolphins quit, no question about it.

You have a coach who - down only 14-6 and getting the ball with 1:42 left in the first half - calls three running plays and trots into the locker room.

You have a coach who - down 24-6 in the 4th quarter, 0-4 on the season, NOTHING to lose - decides NOT to challenge an incomplete 3rd down pass that would have kept a drive going.

Not only has the team quit on him, he's quit on himself. He's lost 8 straight games.

And I hate to tell you this, but I think you're getting your first win this weekend. Denver stinks.
    Doubt it. Tebow runs. If you watched the game Monday night, Jets had a 3rd and goal towards the end of the game. Went into a spread formation. Everyone in the known universe knew Sanchez was going to run a QB draw. Everyone that is, but the Dolphins.

The team is a disaster Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Raiders

Good = We won
    Bad= Losing our Quarterback for the season
    Ugly = another last gasp win holding on in the final minutes
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Ugly: With the bye next week, that means 20 days without seeing The Giants.
    Hmmm ... I call that heaven.

You obviously didn't watch the game.
    No, I actually did watch (as painful as it was) and I walked away feeling that they were just inept, not necessarily that they had quit.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The Good: Watching the NFL games on TV

The Bad: Getting only 2 games on TV to choose from. (yeah no NFL package)

The Ugly: Having one of those games be the Colts this year.

Funny thing this past week regarding Peyton Manning. Word has it he still wants to play this year. Can you imagine the backlash this franchise will get if they put him in a game in December on a winless team? Wasn't it just 2 years ago that they pulled him from a game on an undefeated team? They didn't want him getting hurt I guess in a meaningless game.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week 6

Falcons win, that is good. First part of the game was a little sketchy but in the end they did a decent job in the 4th.

Saints coach Payton getting mowed over on the sidelines-saw this one happen (as I was peeved we were not getting the Pats game) it was sort of brutal, felt bad for the guy, I guess these things happen on the sidelines.

All in all an interesting week last week and some interesting set ups this week with some good byes...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Dolphins:

I think they gave up when the score got bad. They might have been inept also

The ugly: Guels thinking Marshall is "big and goofy." Good thing he is Guels, or "big and goofy" would have schooled "Revis Island." Marshall pretty much manhandled him. If he didn't have butterfingers he would have had more yards than the 65 he did against Revis, and should have caught 2 TDs against Revis also. The one that went right through his hands would have been one, and the obvious hometown pass interference non-call on the 100 yd INT return would have been another.
    I disagree on the "hometown" pass interference non-call. for a few reasons. you obviously agree with gruden. However, when you look at that play, marshall did 2 things wrong. The first he was trying to run through revis. MArshal attacked revis from the get go. then he stumbled as he was heading inside. The second was that the play was designed as an outside pass, he stumbled in the wrong direction. As to the non-call- it was agood non-call. I do not think it was PI. contact after 5 maybe, but marshall was initiating the contact as revis backed off. also revis had inside help, which is why he backed to the outside.
    The drops are the reason that marshall is not that good of a reciever. That and the inexplicable running out of bounds. Do you know why he did that.
    As far as revis island, he still is that good. there are going to be plenty of recievers who can catch a well thrown ball against him. From the stats I heard - revis was 'targeted' about 10 times and came away with 2 ints. not such a good average for a QB. plus why throw at a good CB like revis, when you have cromartie, who draws plenty of PI calls, on the other side ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: