Quantcast Boardwalk?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Boardwalk?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boardwalk?

Hi guys, I am not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but I wanted to get some info on the "Boardwalk". We are going to DW in January and our first day is a Non-park day. We plan on getting up and exploring the resort having some breakfast and then heading to DTD. I really want to try and do characters in Flight and get some shopping in. We are eating at Planet Hollywood for dinner that night so we plan to be in that area most of the day.

I have heard alot about the "boardwalk area" (I don't believe it's in DTD) but I'm not exactly sure where it is or what all there is to do there. I am thinking if we finish at DTD early enough this is something we can do, or maybe on a day we are at epcot we can try to explore the boardwalk area as I think its close to there?

Any info or tips/ things to see and do there etc...even good places to eat there would be very helpful!
    Thanks

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The boardwalk is right by the back door to Epcot. Look it up on Google Maps. This will give you a birds eye view and a great perspective on where you will be and distances to walk.
    I always stay in this area. I feel it is very convenient. 5-10 min walk to Epcot. 10-15 min boat to Hollywood Studios. Buses to everywhere else in Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Board Walk is where you will find the ESPN Club, Jelly Rolls - a dueling piano bar and a dance hall. Along with many other restaurants.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

It is part of the Boardwalk resort area, across from the Yacht and Beach Club, next to the Dolphin/Swan, and a short walk from the International Gateway to/from Epcot (the World Showcase entrance). There are shops, restaurants, nightclub/pub places.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Each scenario you mention provides a different option:
    • If you are to go to Boardwalk after DTD, you could catch a bus to the Boardwalk resort. Give yourself a half-hour or so of travelling time maybe?
    • If you are going after or mid- an Epcot day, you could slip out the Epcot Resort International Gateway entrance/exit (and ensure stamps for re-entry) by foot.

As far as what to see/do, restaurants are mentioned above. The feel is kind of similar to DTD but less busy; it's nice to check out the different resorts in the area. There are people riding around on rented bicycle-carts, etc. too.

For a snack, you might consider Boardwalk Bakery or heading across the lagoon in the area over to the Beach club for Beaches and Cream (the sundaes and desserts there are gigantic).

Enjoy,
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're driving you can follow the signs to the Boardwalk Inn - they have visitor parking there. Otherwise, the bus will get you there! It's actually a resort, and the back half of it (along the water) is where people stroll the boardwalk. In all honesty, we went there for the first time last year and weren't overly impressed. But, that could have been because we were looking for somewhere to use some counter service dining credits (and the selection is limited there), and our kids (3 & 6) weren't interested in the shopping they have. So it was a short visit to the boardwalk for us!
    Now, if it were just my husband and me, we would probably go into some of the table service restaurants and have a drink, and then I might enjoy it a little more!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, we are doing the CS dining plan so maybe this isn't the best use of our time. We are just looking to check out some things we haven't done/seen yet.

I will check it out on google maps - thanks

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We thoroughly enjoy taking the boat from Epcot's back door - The international Gateway, over to the Boardwalk for a relaxing evening of Boardwalk fun! First we love the boat ride over, & my DH & DS's always look forward to dinner at ESPN. I really like shopping at the General Store & browsing through the various shops there. This year we spent alot of time looking at some beautiful Disney art work & falling in love with Rodel Gonzalez's work! Just gorgeous!

We've enjoyed various Boardwalk entertainment including magician's & jugglers! Such a neat place, so festive & fun - all the lights reflected in the water! Neat place! We always enjoy an evening at The Boardwalk!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Default our favorite area

we generally stayed at por or pofq before trying out this area. once we stayed at bwv or bcv we've never been back. we have also stayed at poly, ssr, and okw...nothing compares to the boardwalk area for our family. after a day in the parks our kids love the street performers. my wife and i enjoy a cold beer on the bench just relaxing and watching the water and looking over at beach/yacht. and if we stay at bcv we love the movies on the beach and storm along bay.

just an awesome place for our family.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the Boardwalk! It's a great place to spend time at if you don't feel like going to a park. They have a lot of fun things to do especially at night. The shops, entertainment, and atmosphere in general make it a great place to spend a night.
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Boardwalk! I enjoy the atmosphere and feel of it all. Its a great place on a nice coolish warm night where you stand outside and watch the magic acts, maybe get picked as a volunteeer Checking out the ESPN club, shops, clubs. I just love hanging out there at night.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16