Quantcast Paterno Fired? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paterno Fired?

Post Thanks / Like

This case is almost text book Predator had free reign, even built up his own charity to find the kids to abuse. Then had the All big and Powerful Penn State behind him. Jerry could do no wrong, and the Administrators...they were going to deal with this themselves???? All while more boys were abused.
    ALL INVOLVED HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT!! Cowards and fools, and who pays the price...the victims. I hope they sue Penn State for everything they can get.
    All while Jerry will still collect his $4,900 per month pension in jail. He is going to be locked up for the rest of his life, and that is something, because I'm sure he NEVER expected that to happen. Not the almighty Jerry Sandusky who has done so much for the underprivledged children.
    The whole thing has really saddened me.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Actually, PSU hasn't been getting the great players like they used too, and their relevance as national contenders shows that. But I digress.

Point is, what if your dad played at PSU and you wanted to play there? What if you grew up a kid from western PA who always wanted to play in Happy Valley? Why should those players be forced to go elsewhere because of the acts of select group of people?
    This wasn't "a select group of people." This was a failure at the entire University level. And really, I couldn't care less about whether or not someone can play football where their father did or not. It doesn't even crack my radar screen when cast against the backdrop of what we're discussing.

The absolute only thing I care about is making sure that no university anywhere ever feels comfortable covering something like this up and allowing it to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    I hope they sue Penn State for everything they can get.
    Yeah truth is once all the suits are filed and settled Penn State may cease to exist as a university not just as a football program, so the above may be irrelevant anyway.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Point is, what if your dad played at PSU and you wanted to play there? What if you grew up a kid from western PA who always wanted to play in Happy Valley? Why should those players be forced to go elsewhere because of the acts of select group of people?
    The people I know who are Penn State alumni are embarrassed and ashamed by what the University allowed to happen. None of them will be encouraging their kids to go to Penn State, but rather go to another college or university.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This wasn't "a select group of people." This was a failure at the entire University level. And really, I couldn't care less about whether or not someone can play football where their father did or not. It doesn't even crack my radar screen when cast against the backdrop of what we're discussing.

The absolute only thing I care about is making sure that no university anywhere ever feels comfortable covering something like this up and allowing it to continue.
    I agree with this statement. How can you encourage your child to play at a university knowing that all of this happened while you were there and the people you trusted were complicit in Sandusky's actions?

Yeah truth is once all the suits are filed and settled Penn State may cease to exist as a university not just as a football program, so the above may be irrelevant anyway.
    Oh, Penn State will still be there. The costs of these lawsuits will be passed onto the residents of PA, as it is a state institution.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Where the University administrators thought they would deal with the "situation" is beyond my realm of thought. Don't you have a "moral" responsibility to report this??????
    Anyway...they have no morals, that is obvious. The mighty Penn State Football Program comes before anything and everything. However...they left a paper trail of e-mails and a witness who did report and was ignored and blown off.
    Lot's of settlements in the lawsuits that are going to be filed.
    The victims deserve whatever they can get. They have lived with enough.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Being reported now that Paterno's statue will come down. Still not good enough. All trustees need to be replaced and anyone involved in the football program before November has to be fired.

Hopefully the NCAA will give them the "Death Penalty." I don't agree with a forever ban.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The statue has been taken down today... NCAA to hold press conference tomorrow...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few problems with this whole thing.

1. Paterno was noted for reporting what he had heard to the departments. What I am wondering is, if he did not witness the event, and is "telling people what he had heard", isn't that hearsay and not admissable in court? It might lead to an investigation but legally not enough for charges, right?

2. The penalties against PSU are being made with emotion, which sets a dangerous precident. SMU got the Death Penalty for repeatedly paying players, and USC got caught red handed paying Reggie Bush. USC gets a slap on the wrist? Ohio State and Miami both got caught for rampant "benefits" violations and legal issues and pretty much had nothing done in comaprison.

Obviously everyone with a soul is against what happened and thinks some punishment is just. Still, college football is a mess in its entirety. People being paid, thugs getting into trouble with no recourse, and a general "lack of institutional control" are the rule in so many places. There needs to be a lot more schools sitting in "time-out" if you ask me.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)