Quantcast Delivering a package from home to the resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delivering a package from home to the resort

Hi,

We arrive at the Wilderness Lodge next Sunday. While we are done there, we are celebrating my nephews 5th birthday. We have a few gifts for him. With the projected different types of weather we may have down there, we are realizing it maybe cheaper to ship the gifts down vs. taking extra suitcase.

Has anyone shipped a box to their Disney hotel? How easy is the process of getting the box you arrive?

Thanks.
    Contemporary 10/82
    Polynesian 12/89
    Off-Site 2/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 5/02
    WL 2/03
    WL Concierge 10/03
    AKL 10/04
    WL 11/05
    WL Concierge 12/07
    WL- 11/08

Next trips
    WL - 11/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Some hotels now charge for packages, I think it's mostly the convention hotels, but don't mark my words. If that's the case, it may actually be cheaper to pack them.

Winter in Florda is great isn't it! That's one reason why I like the summer. I know it's going to be hot, humid and miserable. Last winter trip we went from winter coats and gloves to shorts and t-shirts ovet the course of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

I mail a box down each trip to the Beach Club. I don't remember if they charged me, but I think they did and it was a nominal fee.

I love shipping my box down (which I just did yesterday) I pack all the things that end up making my suitcase heavy...rain ponchoes, toiletries, hair brushes, some snacks etc.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I always a ship a box down filled w/ snacks, autograph books, spray fans, sunblock etc. it has always been cheap, easy and convenient. I mailed a package when we stayed at the WL in 2007 and we were not charged, not sure if things have changed since then.

If they do charge a fee, it may still be worth it, depending on the fee.

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge too. How far in advance did you send your package? We leave next Sunday. Also, who did you send the package to: Guest at Wilderness Lodge (Name)?

Thanks!
    Contemporary 10/82
    Polynesian 12/89
    Off-Site 2/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 5/02
    WL 2/03
    WL Concierge 10/03
    AKL 10/04
    WL 11/05
    WL Concierge 12/07
    WL- 11/08

Next trips
    WL - 11/11

Post Thanks / Like

I'd ship it down Monday.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

We were just at Wilderness Lodge from oct. 27-Nov. 4th!!! We shipped down a big box full of things and we weren't charged that I know of. When you send it down make sure to put your name with guest in (guest) and your arrival date. They will hold it for you until you arrive. Have a great trip!! I wish I was still there!
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped ours down via UPS 5 days before our arrival. It got there (from Chicagoland) in 3 days. I addressed it to WL w/ att: my name/ reservation number. When we checked in, I asked for it and they brought it up right after we got into our room.

Super easy and so nice to have everything we needed!

PS-I've only been charged at the Contemporary-I think the fee was $10? What I didn't like was having to go to the convention area to sign and pay for the package. If I recall correctly, they were only open certain hours, which made it kind of inconvenient.

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

We mail a box to WL each year, usually about 20 pounds, and have never been charged to retrieve it. We send FedEx 3-day air the Tuesday before our Saturday arrival, and it has always been waiting there for us.

Make certain you send via UPS or FedEx, though. If you send through the post office, the box will be sent to a Disney sorting facility and it's possible it would not arrive in a timely manner.

I've always labeled our box like this on several different sides:

HOLD FOR GUEST "YOUR NAME"
    ARRIVAL SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
    DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE
    901 TIMBERLINE DRIVE
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-1000

Very convenient, and it's one less thing you have to worry about lugging through the airport!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

My only advice is to go through fed ex not the usps... it only cost us $15 to ship a reasonably sized box (about the size of a large diaper box) to our hotel. We had issues getting our package.. I wish they could have just handed it to me when we checked in but they insisted on delivering it to the room promptly. Three hours and DIRE need of extra diapers later I finally called (for the second time) and begged them to bring it to me. They explained that they were behind and busy which is okay but I could have just carried that sucker myself. It was convenient packing diapers and cereal etc in the box. If you have to pack and take a whole other suitcase that will cost you at least $25 more just to check the bag on the plane.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    If you have to pack and take a whole other suitcase that will cost you at least $25 more just to check the bag on the plane.
    Depends on the airline... But most allow up to 50lbs on an extra bag, and Southwest allows two bags per ticket.

At $15 to send and possibly $10 to retrieve, sounds line a wash to me. Taking it on the plane means you can have it at checkin if you need it.

Also, I'm not keennon the whole bell services thing. Why they insist on bringing everything to your room is irritating. Maybe theres a legal reason, but I can't help but think it's just for tips. That's probably the reason for the late checkin's lately too. The past 5 years we haven't been able to check in before 4. Last time they told us our room wasn't ready, but I guarantee it was. We were actually waiting about 20 feet from the room for over two hours and nobody touched it. Something smells fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Just wanted to totally agree with Kylesmom. Sending a package is very easy.
    As long as the label is clearly marked you should have no problem.

We have done this numerous times and have NEVER been charged a fee. Most times when we check in it was waiting at the front desk. I would call before you mail it, ask the correct way to address the label, and they will probably tell you where that particular hotel will have it waiting for you.

Good luck and have a great trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have sent items down the last two times. We were not charged by Disney for handling the packages. We were charged for shipping and that is it. It was well worth the $20 we paid as opposed to paying an additional $50 for extra bags. We carried on only items we needed for the day. The hotel checked our bags as we went to the parks, and everything was in our room, including the package, when we returned to the hotel.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in Port Orleans French Quarter resort in the week of january 23. My nephew has asked me for a (non-Disney) character school bag. I just checked toysrus website has it, but you never know if the closest store will have it available (the Vineland outlet in this case). And there is no "delivery to store" option with Toysrus.

So my plan is to buy it by internet and send it to the hotel. Not sure if I can include the HOLD FOR GUEST "NAME" in the description, but I'll buy it in january anyway, calculating the previous right shipping time. So I guess they can hold any kind of package, can't they? Considering it is not a very large package.
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Disney website there may be a $5 per package handling fee for packages delivered to your Disney resort. This was new as if November so not sure how strict or widely enforced it is. Still a bargain in my mind and totally justifiable if you've ever seen the stockroom of package deliveries they handle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

They are charging the $5 fee for holding a package until your arrival at all resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I'm traveling solo, so I will gladly pay $5 to handle one less package at the airport.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from POP, the fee is definitely $5/package - though they only charged me $5 for two packages. Pick up was easy, just went to the front desk and they brought them out for me.

And a tip: if you have the option to make sure to use anything but USPS if you can, the USPS ones all go to a central location on property and then delivered to the hotels from there so they take longer. UPS/FexEx go directly to the hotel. There is no difference in the handling fee though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roryboy View Post
    USPS ones all go to a central location on property and then delivered to the hotels from there so they take longer. UPS/FexEx go directly to the hotel. There is no difference in the handling fee though.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Share This Thread On Social Media: