Quantcast Is nyone second guessing due to rude people?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is nyone second guessing due to rude people?

hello,

dw and I have gone to disneyworld nearly every fall for 10 years now.

we always have a good time but the past couple of trips there seem to be more and more rude ignorant people.

part of a vacation is to have fun and have no stress but when you have to deal with rude people everywhere the stress is definitely there.
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided due to the budget cuts and overall lack of magic, to do a cruise this past summer. We're planning another for next year.

We've been going at least once a year for the past 15 or so, even got married at the wedding pavilion. It's just not the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Nah. There are rude people everywhere in life. I just ignore them. If I tried to avoid rude people, I'd never leave my house, and that's no way to live.

Rise above it. Laugh at their rudeness and walk away thinking "You poor, pathetic soul."

Plus, nothing irks a rude person more than acting like you aren't even bothered by their snarky comments!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there are more rude people lately than there have been in the past. I always come across a few, and I always just let it go and not let it get to me. Sometimes, I have a good laugh over it. What else can you do? I won't let it get to me, spoil my vacation, or keep me from coming back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I experienced any rude behavior in Oct. But then I don't let anything really bother me at Disney and just enjoy being there.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

As a "good Southern" gal, I give rude people the benefit of the doubt. I tend to think "Bless their heart" for they must be having a bad day. Maybe their child didn't go to bed til late, maybe they haven't had a good nights sleep since arriving due to a strange bed, etc.

Yes, I am usually "Polly Positive" and look for the bright side and just smile and keep going about my wonderful day. Well MOST of the time that is.
    Last edited by CanadianWDWFan; 12-01-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: TOS- replaced word with "bad"
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you guys means guests, not employees?

The guests, as mentioned, really haven't changed all that much over the years from what I recall.

Silly me, I read the words "disneyworld", "rude", "ignorant", and "people" and assumed Oahu meant the staff.

Post Thanks / Like

We're at WDW right now, and really have only ran into one less than pleasant CM. I don"t let them bother me. Everyone has a bad day from time to time.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, not a chance. I find there are way more nice people than rude people

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to let just ignore the rude behavior of those around me... nothing I can do about it, so not worth wasting my time on them...

Although I had one experience with a very rude CM making inappropriate comments to my wife (fiancé at the time).
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have only run into one CM in ten years whom I thought was actually over-the-top rude, but it was my actions (well, my DW's actions) that brought it on, so I forgive him.

Now, I've seen indifferent CM's, but that's a whole other thing entirely. They're just not enthralled with working for the Mouse for some reason. Most everyone else I meet is extremely helpful.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I have still never come across a "rude" CM. I guess I've just been lucky. Or maybe my perception of rude is not the same as most people. My husband jokes around with me that I'm rude oftentimes. I guess sometimes my delivery is just a bit direct and to the point, but I rarely ever am purposefully rude. If I get that kind of response, I never automatically assume the person is being rude, as that is how I speak to a lot of people too. I think just sometimes, people perceive something one way, when it was not meant that way at all. I have struggled with this my whole life. I sort of have a lack of empathy in my tone a lot, although it's not due to an actual lack of empathy, you know? Similarly, I don't gush over other people's babies and such. I don't sugar coat things, and I never talk with a syrupy sweet voice, even to a child. I speak to my children like they are adults and treat everyone with respect. Sometimes, though, people take what I say the wrong way.

Thus, I tend not to overanalyze people's tones of voice. Rudeness, to me, is a purposeful lack of attention, or a blatant display of behavior that is not socially acceptable (like line cutting). Anything other than that just rolls off my back.

I would never, in a million years, base my decision to visit WDW or anyplace else on the perceived rudeness of the general population in that place. That's just silly, IMO.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I've read about some rude CMs, but honestly, in my past few trips, every CM I've come across has been super, extremely friendly and efficient. So obviously, they're not all rude.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

To me, it's not that there are just more rude and ignorant people at WDW. There are more people - Period. An overall increase in crowds adds to the stress in any situation. And because there are more people, there are absolutely more rude and ignorant people too.

There are constant questions here on Intercot about "when is the best time to visit WDW?" and "how do i avoid the crowds?" Find a way to do that and the rude people will magically disappear.

Post Thanks / Like

And I can't think of any rude guests i've ever really run across. Clueless, sure. But outright rude? No.

But, we rarely wait in a line that is so long that people would even bother to cut. If it's that long, we skip it and come back later, or we use FP and come back later.

I've never had another guest affect a meal in a negative way. The only real interaction we've ever had with other guests at a meal is at a place like Teppan Edo where they will seat strangers with you, but they have always been fantastic people.

I've seen a couple of out of control kids that parents' seemed oblivious to, but I don't consider that rude, really. They just parent differently than I do.

Even if I had run across someone who was actually rude, my first thought would be, "What's their problem?" Other's attitudes would never cause me to change doing what I enjoy.

Remember, no one can *give* offense. Offense must be taken. If you choose not to accept, then what's the problem?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Why let others ruin your trip? You can't control what others do, but you can control how you respond. I would not let this keep me from making trips to Disney World.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

i've been one of the lucky ones i guess. I have seldom run into anyone rude at WDW. Only two situations i can rememer. One a bus driver and after thinking of it, he wasn't rude, just didn't speak english very well and i took it that way. Looking back i think he was really trying to be helpful.
    the other one was a lady at a bus stop, i guess she was a coordinator. but she was really rude.
    other than that i ahve found that most people at disney are at their best.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We just spent 10 days this past October in WDW. Truthfully, I found far fewer rude people than in past trips. And the parks were very crowded when we were there. (I think people were so thrilled to be "inside the Disney bubble" and out of the real-world economic malais that everyone was in a good mood.)

The only negative was the Food & Wine Festival on a Saturday Night. The park was PACKED with overly intoxicated guests. Still, they may have been drunk and obnoxious, but they were not rude. (I know I'm splitting hairs here, but guests were not overtly rude. Just drunk.)
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I find the guests at WDW to be no more rude than vacationers elsewhere...in fact, other than a few folks who seem to feel a little overly entitled simply because of the amount of money they have spent, disney vacationers are usally very polite...and the fact of the matter is that there is no perfect place to go on vacation where EVERYONE is ALWAYS polite. (And even if there were such a place, it wouldn't be long until rude people discovered it and messed it up too.) So, given the choice between staying at home and not getting away a few times a year (which likely would increase my stress load.....and likely make me a little less than perfectly polite myself... I think I 'll go ahead and keep an annual trip to WDW in my plans.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am so happy just to be in WDW, I really don't pay very much attention to others around me who are being rude. If however, there is a particularly bad situation, I find it best to have fun with it and still enjoy my vacation. No sense it getting angry or upset because most of the time it is out of my control.

I do hope that you don't allow others to influence your vacation! If you want to go to WDW, then go!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: