Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - Dec 31, 2011 - Jan 16, 2012 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We are heading down Sunday and will be there throughout the week... Is it "real" 70's???? This will be our third year doing this week in January, and it has quite literally been freezing!! Will we even need our hoodies? Should I pack shorts? We are from Northern Indiana where the high today was around 35. Is it chilly at night? I am blown away by these temps!!!!
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It does get cool at night, especially around water. You'll definitely need something for the evening. Let me also thrown in a caveat that next week is still somewhat in question. I think through Monday the forecast is pretty solid, but a couple of the models turn things considerably cooler after that. The main models that I trust show temps around 70, which is the forecast I'm going with, but just wanted to throw out that warning that things could change. Not down to 35 like you're facing, but mid 60s wouldn't be out of the question.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default voodoo land

Ok So I have been watching the updates on here regarding the weather and most of our upcoming trip is still in voodoo land (I think anyway!) we are leaving afternoon of 1/6 and staying through 1/16.

At this point I have no idea what to pack It appears from some sights that there could be sunny days with highs in the upper 70's to 80 and then the forecast on here that says we are looking at mostly 60-70 and wet. How on earth am I going to fit clothes to match that much of a different forecast without going over 50 lbs! lol Anyway just trying to figure out how much longer I should wait to really decide on everyone's clothes.

Thanks for all of the weather updates I appreciate all of your honest input!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan328 View Post
    At this point I have no idea what to pack It appears from some sights that there could be sunny days with highs in the upper 70's to 80 and then the forecast on here that says we are looking at mostly 60-70 and wet. How on earth am I going to fit clothes to match that much of a different forecast without going over 50 lbs! lol Anyway just trying to figure out how much longer I should wait to really decide on everyone's clothes.
    Honestly, the key is layering. I'm going to be there Jan 8-Jan 16 and I was also down there at the same time last year. I brought a lot of t-shirts with me but I also had a few sweatshirts and a jacket. Generally, I was comfortable in a T-shirt and my lightweight jacket, but I also tend to get warm very quickly. I might recommend bringing t-shirts and carrying a sweatshirt/hoodie with you through the parks--you'd only have to pack one or two of these. And then, you could use a lightweight jacket on TOP of the hoodie/sweatshirt if you get colder.

Hope that helps! I also recommend just bringing jeans and not worrying about shorts/capris.
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rose View Post

Hope that helps! I also recommend just bringing jeans and not worrying about shorts/capris.
    Thanks I figured on some t's and sweatshirts as I am sure the evenings will still be cool (and I heard epcot is the coldest espc. with the water) but if it is going to be mid to upper 70 or even 80 we are going to want shorts as with as cold as it will be in PGH this week (with the snow too) its probably going to feel warm to us. I am also one that tends to get warm easily. I guess I am going to just gather some stuff up today and tomorrow and then wait to pack the suitcases until closer to the end of the week.

thanks

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I would say wait as long as you can before packing. With airports limiting baggage wait you don't want to pack anything you don't have to. The sites that are calling for such warm temps have been way too warm all season. Just 3 days ago those same sites were saying this week would be mid-70s. That's because of no human input and only data from 1 computer model. Not very reliable. As always this time of the year, it will depend on how deep the trough is. For your trip I think it'll be 2-3 days before I'll have a really solid idea of what to expect.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: