Quantcast Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/10/2011 - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Very Merry DISNEYmoon Celebration - 12/10/2011 - Day 2

Previously on OVMDC
    Pre-trip: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=183080
    Day 1 P1: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=187818
    Day 1 P2: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=187824

Agenda: Cinderella’s Royal Table, Epcot (NPH Candlelight), Crystal Palace Dinner

Photos: http://photobucket.com/DISNEYmoon2

While YO! Was concerned about setting an alarm clock I wasn’t nearly as concerned. The whistles and Horns from the TTC merely 100ft away or so were quite loud enough to wake me in the early morning. Now I am not complaining much about them because it was soothing at the same time. But today I got up early because I was super excited about meeting Snow White since I was shut out the night before. I decided to attach my camera to the tripod again and take some cool shots of the various landmarks I did the night before. Personally I think they turned out quite well.

Eventually YO! awoke and got herself ready and we were out the door to CRT. Now this was the first day we realized it was about 10mins quicker to walk to the TTC and catch the Ferry/Monorail than it was to walk to the Ceremonial House to catch the Monorail. We made good time and got walk into the Magic Kingdom and check-in to CRT about 5mins before our ADR. We were called into the main room relatively soon after this. Cinderella was running behind I guess because we had to wait for her for about 10mins. We did get a chance to talk to an overly friendly photopass lady. She was exclusively talking to us, the newlyweds, and kept us entertained for those 10mins. I guess she used to be a character blueshirt for Pooh and the guys because she kept talking about how she would always have Tigger marry the newly weds in a big celebration. Well that sounds lovely, wish you were around more often lol Cinderella came out and we had our customary picture taken with her. She was very interested in YO!s ring and asked us all about the wedding and such. After chit chatting briefly we proceeded to sit down on the bench to await the calling of “the Royal Rivers Family”. When we arrived at the top of the spiral staircase I was actually taken aback by the lack of a schism blocking the view of the carousel and fantasyland expansion… This blocked view was one of the main reasons I scheduled in a Breakfast over a fireworks dinner. Anyways, today was breakfast and it was a first time for us. Our table was decorated with silver castle confetti and wishing stars, a nice touch indeed. Jasmine was the first princess to make her rounds. I apologize for the lack of quality of these pics because I was playing around with the settings on the camera and didn’t remember to put my external flash on it. Aurora came out next, she was very pleasant and my second favorite of the morning. Next up was Ariel. I know she was kinda of aloof in the movies but she seemed overly ditzy this morning. Nevertheless she was friendly and we both had our pictures with her. Belle came out in her peasant dress and I will just say that she was by my favorite princess of the morning! But Brandon, what about Snow White? You love her? Well what about her? She didn’t make an appearance this morning, Strike TWO! Now that was most upsetting because I surely didn’t book this reservation because I loved the taste of the generic breakfast food they serve at the Castle! I would have to cut my losses and just accept it for what it was… A Princess breakfast without the 1st princess.
    Our waiter J.R. brightened my spirits by bringing over a celebratory cupcake with a blue and a pink candle on it. I let YO! blow it out because I wanted to see if I could capture the moment with a cool effect, check the photos, I think I did! But that wasn’t what brightened my spirits, it was him commenting how his last name was Rivers and he had a nephew named Brandon Rivers. We both had a great laugh as we called each other brothers from another mother (check out the picture to understand).

I mistakenly thought that the picture of Aurora and YO! had turned out bad (wrong that was the jasmine one) and as Aurora was coming back around I grabbed her to take a redo. After the picture we headed out behind the castle and rode on the Regal Carousel. This was actually the first ever carousel we had been together ever. It was a nice treat having it be at WDW. We decided we would make our way over near adventure via fantasyland and frontierland on our way out. YO! had been waiting for a year to go on the New “old” Tiki room. This year the show did not disappoint, she was trilled the “Tiki Tiki Tiki room” song was back in its entirety.

Before heading to Epcot we decided it would be nice to go back to our room to relax. I can not remember if we fell asleep or not actually and but I do remember upon arrival to our room the Mousekeeping Tip envelope I spent a while decorating was laying on top of the made up bed. No towel animal or anything specially done to the room could be seen, or was there? On the computer desk was a card of mickey and Minnie signed by both of the congratulating us on our wedding, a cute touch.

Like I said, I can’t remember if we napped or not, so lets just flash forward to our arrival at Epcot (via Monorail). We made it through security and quickly went through the turnstiles… We are getting very good at turning and waving and saying “Thank You!” to all those wishing us congratulations. It truly is such a nice touch being in Disney for your honeymoon. So we notice that spaceship earth was a 5min wait, more like walk on at this point and we jump at the chance to ride it. A nice relaxing ride and almost always the first ride we do when going to Epcot. After that we head over to Universe of energy because that ride was always down last year. YO! seemed to be impressed with the way the ride worked. However there was a casualty during the ride… It seems while I was trying to screw the lid of my diet coke on tight before the ride the plastic seal sliced my index finger. No biggy really but it was stinging and it was my trigger finger on my camera, had to get a band aide to cover it. Once the ride was over it was Doogie Time! No, we didn’t actually have passes for the show (as you can tell by my lack of saying we ate anywhere for lunch). But I still wanted to hear NPH and see him in person with my own eyes. Well turns out so did a billion other people! We were several rows back when he came out and greeted the crowd with is, “Wat Up?” But that was the last time he talked out of character as the narrator of the CP. I did manage to take some really bad zoom shots of him. They aren’t the best because it was dark and the lights were low and I was about 10 people deep in the standing area behind the main seating. But you can definitely tell it is one Neil Patrick Harris.

After we spent some time listening to the music and his narration we decided to head back to our hotel to freshen up before dinner at Crystal Palace. We stopped in France and took some cursory shots of us with the Eifle tower. What honeymoon isn’t complete without a Paris portion of the trip. As we were walking out of france we both decided it would be fun to use the international gateway and walk through Boardwalk (2nd leg hotel) This was a first for me going to the Boardwalk, it was an amazing sight seeing all the stuff and then all the activity. We headed into the main building to see the Christmas tree and Gingerbread house, very cool! The question now was how to get back, we surrendered to the Disney bus system. Luckily we allowed a great amount of time because it took us nearly an hour to get to the TTC.

We had just barely enough time to go to the bathroom and freshen up before we were once again out the door and heading backing to the TTC. I believe this time we took the ferry across. The whole while I was starting to freak out because it was going to be during the Light parade and the crowds would be jamming mainstreet. Luckily it hadn’t started yet and we could walk through all the stores on the left side and right out the back of Caseys to Crystal palace. T-minus 2 minutes to spare… geez that was close. We waited briefly and a friendly group offered to take our picture with the icicle castle behind us.

Once buzzed in we were seated at a table on the left hand side over near the far dividing wall. The table was decorated with streamers in the shape of a heart. Another nice touch for Disneymooners! Each character came around rather quickly.. I was in a prime location so when they came towards us it was like them walking down a runway and I was at the end. Each character stopped and posed for about 3mins as if on a fashion shoot! This nice elderly gentleman came up to us and said congratulations and that he and his wife had been married for 60 years. He then brought her over and talked to us for almost 20mins. I think I honored them by asking if I could take a picture so that I could remember them as we look back through our pictures. Larry was a CM that took time out and kept coming over to chat with us, he wasn’t our server but we saw him more than our actual server. I had him pose for a shot too because he made our day extra special!

Larry came over to our table with a card signed by pooh and the gang as well as two more cupcakes. Now that I think about it, maybe he did take over as our waiter as he was around us an awful lot lol. The food at the Crystal Palace was lacking its flare that it had from last trip. We were both rather disappointed over the selections and the taste from the buffet. But it was the Character interaction that I am about to get into that made this ADR one of the best of the entire trip!

Please see first comment below for next part of Day 2!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default continuation of Day2

Tigger tried sneaking up behind YO! and I made a gesture and she turned and spotted him. Ooops, Tigger put his head down in shame and looked away. I quickly said, “wait tigger lets have a redo! Adrianne look away, Tigger start again… Ready….set… GO!” So tigger proceeds to sneak up behind her and pulled her Mickey Ear veil up over her face. He then gestured to me to walk away… I played along and said sure you can have her as your bride. He shook his head and gestured me to walk away and pass off my camera. So I obliged and then what proceed to happen was absolute awesomeness! Tigger took YO! and did the step together stop wedding march up to me. Then he continued on with the ceremony to marry us! Not just for us but the ENTIRE restaurant was asked to participate… OH MY! This was so cool and we have shots of it to keep for a lifetime! The blue shirt guy watching over all of them seemed to be one of importance. He told us that if we stayed an extra 25 more minutes he would get all four of the characters up front to get a picture with us specifically. Looking at our phones we had already been there for 2 hours, whats 25mins more lol So we waited and once again have awesome pictures to remember this by!

We got out of Crystal Palace in just enough time to watch a few of the fireworks from Wishes and then got a nice spot for the 2nd showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade. After which we just took a few more shots around mainstreet and the castle and then headed out to the Monorails to go back to Tahiti room 3022.

To be continued with Day 3 Thread...
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of magical moments today and I love the Tigger story at the CP!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

What a great experience at Crystal Palace!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a great report! I love your attention to details when describing!! I believe that CP has by far the best character interaction we have ever had!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I love Tigger, he always makes such a memorable meeting! What fantastic photos, thanks for sharing!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: