Quantcast Sorry - a Magical Express Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry - a Magical Express Question

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but, has something changed with Magical Express? I haven't used it since 2008 since we usually drive to Florida, so I wanted to give myself a "refresher" on what will happen when we land in Orlando.

We are flying from Detroit to Orlando, so it will be a domestic flight. It gets in at 10:30am (so it's during the day, not overnight).

I went to look at the official Disney website, and this is what it says (note the part that I have bolded:
    How It Works

Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, claim your baggage at baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.
    So wait -- we have to pick up our own luggage and bring it down to the Magical Express area? I thought that's what the yellow M.E. tags were for; so that we DON'T have to stand around the carousel and wait for our luggage.

Can someone break it down for me? What should I be doing when I step off the plane? Because I'm sure I'm missing something...
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went the end of Oct and we didn't have to claim any luggage. I don't know if this is something new. I'm sure someone will come around that knows more...sorry.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you got that from, but this is from disney's website.

2.Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall that wording somewhere ... I believe it is an option for some fliers, and for those whose airlines don't participate in the program.

But we went Southwest last time, so we had no trouble whatsoever ....

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Not sure where you got that from, but this is from disney's website.
    Weird! That's the same link I've been looking at -- here's the link again -- specifically read the first sentence of item #2:
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pla...rport-service/
    I don't see anything on there that says "Skip Baggage Claim"???

Just a thought: do you think that because I've viewing that exact same page from a Canadian IP address, it is giving me different information? I literally see nothing on there that says "Skip Baggage Claim" -- it all says "Claim your baggage at baggage claim..." Maybe it assumes I'm flying out of Canada and not from Detroit...

???

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by btharvey View Post
    I seem to recall that wording somewhere ... I believe it is an option for some fliers, and for those whose airlines don't participate in the program.
    That can't be it, as there's no such thing as an airline from which you can't use the luggage delivery for your arrival flight. "Participating airline" ONLY matters for your flight home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Weird!
    This is the link to the disney site where I am reading this (specifically item #2):
    Well, it's about to get weirder!

I clicked on the link you provided. And in #2, it clearly states "skip baggage claim" ... go look for yourself. Maybe a mischievous and clearly bored person hacked the website and made that change and then it was discovered and fixed. But the point is, the officisl website unequivocally tells you to SKIP baggage claim.

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what in the world the site is talking about. The only bags you take on the ME w/ you are your carry-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Weird! That's the same link I've been looking at -- here's the link again -- specifically read the first sentence of item #2:
    I don't see anything on there that says "Skip Baggage Claim"???

Just a thought: do you think that because I've viewing that exact same page from a Canadian IP address, it is giving me different information? I literally see nothing on there that says "Skip Baggage Claim" -- it all says "Claim your baggage at baggage claim..." Maybe it assumes I'm flying out of Canada and not from Detroit...

???
    lol that would be weird!. But I just checked both links and both say skip baggage claim....lol I'm so confused! buttercup don't worry about it, like CleveRocks said you should be fine
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 01-13-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: mistyped
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Item #3 on Disney's Magical Express site is:

3.International Guests flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process and claim luggage after disembarking the plane. After completing the process, proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will recollect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 4 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.
    I think perhaps Disney has indeed picked up the non-US IP address and has provided a different (and somewhat vague) set of instructions.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    I think perhaps Disney has indeed picked up the non-US IP address and has provided a different (and somewhat vague) set of instructions. Steve
    I think you're right!
    Isn't that weird?!?! It knows I'm not from the USA so it's giving me some weird instructions!
    Actually, I know that if I was flying out of Canada, I *would* have to pick up my luggage, because I have to clear customs (since Orlando is my first entry port into the US). So maybe that's what the website is assuming and why it's showing different instructions.

But since I'm *driving* across the border into Michigan, I'll clear customs while I'm driving, and then it just becomes a regular domestic flight for me.

Verrrrrrry interesting that the site picks up on stuff like that! I wonder if another Canadian reads this thread they could check and see what the link says!

Okay well either way, GOOD. It sounds like nothing's changed. I just get off my flight and walk down to the Magical Express, and forget about my checked luggage completely. THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

you are not crazy but it is because you are picking up the Canadian IP address and are being directed to the Canadian site

from the US site
    Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.
    from the Canadian site

Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, claim your baggage at baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motorcoach.
    You can switch the site you are looking at. There is a drop down menu on the bottom left of the site for international sites just change it to the US site you wish to look at

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks March Hare!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

no problem