Quantcast Suggestions Needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions Needed

I am a very active Disney regular in my mid 50's ... that is until I stupidly fell off a folding chair and fractured my knee along with tearing several ligaments. I am honestly not looking for any special treatment ... only suggestions on how to get around without too much problem. I will be traveling with my husband but don't want to depend on him to wheel me around. I also enjoy going to the parks by myself in the morning while he plays golf. We meet up for lunch. I am currently wearing an ankle to thigh brace and according to my doctor will have it on for the upcoming trip. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!!

I would suggest looking into a scooter. I had to get one for my DS11 last year when he had a knee injury from football. It let him get around comfortably. When we came to a ride entrance, he could park his scooter and go through the line as normal, but it kept him from having to do a lot of walking. I had a great experience with Apple Scooter. Much cheaper than renting through Disney.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with Strmchsr. I use an ECV due to fatigue and now a bad case of tendonitis. It allows me to be independent and still get around. It's worth renting from Apple... the scooters offered by WDW are not only expensive but there's no guarantee that you'll get one depending on the time of day you arrive, and it's often a long walk between the busses and the rental location when you're not 100%.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with the scooter. My mom has a hard time walking long distances and we got her a scooter through Walker Mobility. They delivered the scooter and it was waiting for us at check in when we arrived.when we got ready to get on the magical express we left it with check in desk and they picked it up.
    Also if you rent a scooter then put a note on your reervation to have a room with an outlet in the hall so you dont have to keep it in your room.
    2002- All Star Movies
    2003- All Star Music
    2004- Pop Centry
    2005- Pop Centry
    2006- Polynesian
    2007- Grand Floridian
    2007- Polynesian
    2008- Polynesian
    2009- Polynesian
    2010- Grand Floridian
    Dec. 2011- Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Do whatever is necessary to enjoy your vacation.
    Do whatever is necessary to take care of your self. A scooter or wheelchair from the beginning could prevent problems. WDW is just too big to limp through.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

we use apple scooter rental too. They are so easy to work with, and you can't beat their price!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: