Quantcast Healthy Living Club 2012 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! I knew someone would say push-ups. Natalie, Gary, thank you for describing those exercises! I will give them a try, and if all else fails I will try the push ups.

Dnickels, thanks for that reinforcement! I will try saying that next time. You're right, I feel like a bad person throwing things out, but I think if it comes here that's what I'll have to do. I threw out two whole pies after Christmas! I just thought, no way am I going to have those tempting me every day.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You could have sent me the pies!

By the way, have you tried Yoga? Great overall body toning and muscle conditioning, especially the back. It helps with flexibility and strength. A weird combination but it works. If only I didn't hate it so much.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I will send you the pie! Would you like some baklava? My mother in law sent us home with a whole tray of it. I've eaten too much of it and I'm thinking of trashing the rest. Not to mention, a friend of the family came over yesterday and brought donuts and cheesecake. Why?! I did have one donut this morning, but thankfully everyone else polished off the rest of them and the cheesecake.

Funny you should mention yoga, I've been doing it for years! I haven't done a class in years, but I do make it a part of my daily routine. I do the sun salute series of stretches and a few others. Part of the sun salute is a partial back bend and I think that helps me a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Next time I will send you the pie! Would you like some baklava?
    Funny you should mention baklava.

I just returned from a teaching gig up near Tobermory, Ontario. A great place to visit, and I highly recommend it, if you like cold-water SCUBA shipwreck diving, eco-tourism or just a great weekend away with dark skies, lots of stars and great trails for walking or riding on the 45th parallel.

While there, I ate at a small pub called the Lion's Head Inn. Dessert offered this past weekend was butter tart baklava! OMG! The rest of my meals there were great; but Butter Tart Baklava? It should be a sin!

If you find yourself in Lion's Head, be sure to stop in and say hi to Chef Terry and the crew who looked after me over the past two weekends.

Now back to reality and trying to eat right and get some exercise.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my report back was the 1st week I did good. 2nd week not so good b-day party and girl scout cookies and i went nuts. So week 3 is a new week what's done is done and now it's time to move foward.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been back into training for a half marathon again. I posted my story in the encouragement thread for White Rose but I figure I will post it here so you guys have some background.

Last summer I signed up for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training program to run the half marathon at Disney this past January. It is an excellent program that teaches you how to run (which I had no clue how to run properly before I signed up) while you raise funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I had a training program that I stuck to and had a GREAT coach (who was even on the cover of Runners World magazine!). Unfortunately I just couldn’t raise the amount of money needed for them to send me to the half marathon. But that didn’t stop me, I was determined to do it on my own. I raised a significant amount for charity, which I was proud of, it just wasn’t enough and I didn’t have the finances to pay the rest on my own.

Once November hit things went downhill. I got a sinus infection, then a respiratory infection, and then the flu back-to-back-to-back. I was sick for about 6 weeks straight and fell off the training. I’m just now getting back into running again and I feel like I’m starting my training over from the beginning. However I have my sights set on the Wine and Dine Half in October.

After reading through this thread I signed up for MyFitnessPal and I love it! It really does help control what you eat when you see it on the screen.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Gary, that baklava sounds amazing! I have to confess that I did not throw that out. But I did stick it in the freezer. Every once in awhile I take a couple pieces out to defrost.

Bethis, great attitude! Put it behind you and start fresh. We all have moments when we overdo it.

Bleukarma, sorry you were sick for so long! I can imagine how that would feel like starting over. Glad you have a new goal. How long is a half marathon? I'm totally clueless about marathons.

Last weekend, for the very first time in my whole life I tried ice skating. DH was taking the girls and they were giving me what we call "Disney eyes" (or puppy eyes) because they wanted me to go. I was so sure I was going to come home bruised and miserable - but I actually skated!! This is not something I would have tried before I lost the weight. I'm looking forward to making this a regular family activity for us. We have an indoor rink just down the street. Even better, DH says if we do it regularly it will inspire him to look into joining one of the adult hockey leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

TheVBs- a half marathon is 13.1 miles. I have no clue why I decided I wanted to do one. Before about 5 years ago I wouldnt run unless I was being chased...and then I would think about it. Today I still wouldnt call myself a "runner." But for some reason a half marathon is on my bucket list.

Congrats on ice skating! That is something that I def wouldnt do!!! When I was 9 I broke my wrist on roller skates, I fear what would happen if I get on ice skates lol!!
    Amber

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I had no idea it was that long! I only do 3 - 3.5 miles on the treadmill and that's just at a really fast walk (4mph).

And, ouch! That's exactly the kind of thing I imagined might happen, breaking something. If I hadn't had the edge to hold on to and practice for so long, I'm sure I would have gone down several times. I've also tried DD7's karate class and DD11's horseback riding (English), two more things I would never have done before I lost the weight. I'm thinking about signing up for the adult karate class, and will definitely try the riding again when she offers another "mom's lesson" . Although, I have to admit, I kind of stunk at that! Fell off the horse my second lesson.

One thing I've noticed about MyFitnessPal, while it's a great tool, I do like to take a few days off from tracking. It gets to me after awhile, and I've used it long enough now that I've gotten a pretty good idea of whether I'm making good choices or eating too much.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I've noticed about MyFitnessPal, while it's a great tool, I do like to take a few days off from tracking. It gets to me after awhile, and I've used it long enough now that I've gotten a pretty good idea of whether I'm making good choices or eating too much.
    I've noticed that too. It's tedious. I've taken quite a few days off from tracking lately. I feel like I can do the math in my head at this point, most days.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Had to hop on here to report this. I decided in November that I was going to lose my Dunlop before ICOT15. It was my eating that was doing me in. I work out 3 days a week doing push ups, body weight squats, and pull ups. I run 6 days a week and mix cycling in in the warm months. I started using a web and Android app to track my daily calorie budget.

I had to replace my belt last month. In the last week, I finally accomplished my goal of doing 100 push ups in a row and reached my 2nd weight loss goal. I have now lost a total of 25 pounds!

I'm not going to intentionally lose any more pounds, but I'm going to keep working on losing more of the belly fat that's left. It's sort of scary; I'm under 183 lbs. and haven't been at this weight since my freshmen year of college.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Steve! That's awesome!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive results,Steve! I'm impressed. Keep going!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Way to go Steve! That's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by garymacd View Post
    Impressive results,Steve! I'm impressed. Keep going!
    Thanks! I just needed the discipline of tracking what I was taking in and what I was burning. I'll even pull out my phone before ordering when we eat out. The calories remaining in my budget for the day have impacted my choices on more than one occasion (Alice Springs Chicken I miss you, but you were just too much for me!)
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

That's really awesome Steve!!!! Congrats!!!

I went running yesterday and today, although it wasn't as long and fast as I would like or nowhere near what I was doing in the fall. Yesterday was a mile and a half and today was 2 miles. I still have a long way to go till I get back up to where I was or close to those 13 half marathon miles. But one mile at a time! I will get there!
    Amber

Post Thanks / Like

Go Steve & Amber!

I've had an awful cold that I'm just now getting over and I've been out of commission for a few days in terms of working out. I hate that. I always feel like I loose so much ground in just a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Steve & Amber!

I've had an awful cold that I'm just now getting over and I've been out of commission for a few days in terms of working out. I hate that. I always feel like I loose so much ground in just a few days.
    I spent the first couple weeks of the year fighting a cold/flu. It really does set you back and you can't do a lot about it at the time.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday morning I woke up motivated and went off and ran two miles. Then I came home and started feeling sick. When I woke up this morning my throat felt like it was swollen to the size of my head! I took a half day at work and went to the walk in clinic and they said it's most likely bad sinus attack. Our pollen count has been crazy down here this year. I've never had sinus issues before but she said it's so bad that even people that never had trouble are now having issues. She gave me an antibiotic in case it turns out to be strep, even though the test came back negative. I have to get better, I have a business trip that I fly out on Sunday for!

So...apparently running is making me sick. Every time I pump up my running I get sick.
    Not good.
    Amber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Yesterday morning I woke up motivated and went off and ran two miles. Then I came home and started feeling sick. When I woke up this morning my throat felt like it was swollen to the size of my head! I took a half day at work and went to the walk in clinic and they said it's most likely bad sinus attack. Our pollen count has been crazy down here this year. I've never had sinus issues before but she said it's so bad that even people that never had trouble are now having issues. She gave me an antibiotic in case it turns out to be strep, even though the test came back negative. I have to get better, I have a business trip that I fly out on Sunday for!

So...apparently running is making me sick. Every time I pump up my running I get sick.
    Not good.
    I have really bad allergies and my doctor told me to get zyrtec she even told me just to get the walmart brand. It's less than $5.00 for 14 days they can make you sleepy so I just take mine before bed and so far they have really been working great. Our pollen is crazy high here as well. It may help you.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Bleukarma, that's got to be so frustrating! I hope you're able to find a way to work around it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: