Quantcast Universal Studios Orlando Janaury 25 Announcement - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    True. And even with age, Twister and ET are nothing to sneeze at. And I know there is a lot of love for Rip, Rock It, Ride as well. Add in Despicable Me and the park is complete. I love Mummy. Worth it alone for a trip.

I feel much the same way about IOA, Jared. Spiderman is incredible (and I'm really looking forward to the enhancements), and of course Wizarding World is fantastic, but for me, the rest of the park leaves A LOT to be desired. A LOT. The whole Toon area is blah, Jurassic Park is a waste and Seuss only goes so far. The themeing at the entrance is kinda lost on me as well.
    Yeah, I still can't exactly figure out what's going on with Islands' "Main Street." I get that it's going for this mysterious "adventure" theme, but it leads to a bunch of lands themed to franchises. I think Port of Entry works well with Lost Continent, but the Wizarding World took most of that island's space. I always thought Lost Continent was actually the best themed section of the entire park, but its lack of attractions made it pretty useless.

I totally agree with you about Toon Lagoon -- such a waste of some awesome characters that never get enough credit. I actually like the main Jurassic Park water ride, but there's really nothing else there worth seeing.

Honestly, I think I'm done with Islands of Adventure for a while. I've now seen the Wizarding World three times. It's spectacular, but I don't feel the same pull to keep revisiting it the way I do the Disney parks. (It doesn't help that the Forbidden Journey ride made me feel quite ill the last time I rode. Not sure what happened there.)

I'll probably stick to just the Studios park for a while, especially with this Potter expansion supposedly going into the Jaws plot. (That said, I am looking forward to the Spidey enhancements, so I may end up changing my mind.)
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the "powers that be" knew that IOA was a little weak (I still really like the park) and that's why they went after Harry Potter. I think that with it's success they will only keep bettering and adding to IOA. My prediction would be that in a few years IOA will be just as good as the Studio.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I think that the "powers that be" knew that IOA was a little weak (I still really like the park) and that's why they went after Harry Potter. I think that with it's success they will only keep bettering and adding to IOA. My prediction would be that in a few years IOA will be just as good as the Studio.
    Definitely possible. The updated Spider-Man attraction will add a lot to the park. But with more Potter supposedly taking the Jaws plot, the Studios seems to only be getting better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Definitely possible. The updated Spider-Man attraction will add a lot to the park. But with more Potter supposedly taking the Jaws plot, the Studios seems to only be getting better!
    Ahhh if only Lord of the Rings would make its way into IOA somewhere, somehow...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Ahhh if only Lord of the Rings would make its way into IOA somewhere, somehow...
    But that would mean the death of the Lost Continent altogether! The mystical water fountain there needs a home.

(But I wouldn't be at all surprised if that franchise winds up in Islands of Adventure within the next decade.)

Post Thanks / Like

But that would mean the death of the Lost Continent altogether! The mystical water fountain there needs a home.

(But I wouldn't be at all surprised if that franchise winds up in Islands of Adventure within the next decade.)
    LC is going anyway... It really is a waste of a land now... With Sinbad becoming the Hogwarts train station, and Posieden closing, LC is just asking for a remake... PLEASE LET IT BE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!! Something tells me, more Potter there though...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

LC is going anyway... It really is a waste of a land now... With Sinbad becoming the Hogwarts train station, and Posieden closing, LC is just asking for a remake... PLEASE LET IT BE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!! Something tells me, more Potter there though...
    I liked Posiedon but our last few visits it broke down while we were inside. Sinbad, not so much, I found the show boring, so I'm not sad to see that go. I'm OK with more Potter as long as they keep doing quality attractions and not just more stores.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I liked Posiedon but our last few visits it broke down while we were inside. Sinbad, not so much, I found the show boring, so I'm not sad to see that go. I'm OK with more Potter as long as they keep doing quality attractions and not just more stores.
    Since London/Diagon alley will be in Universal, and since JK Rowling has say over the content, what could possibly go into LC area for Potter??? The only thing that makes sense is the Hogwarts train station in Sinbad... Rowling is staying true to the word she created, so what is by Hogsmeade that can go into LC??? I really think LC needs to become a newly themed island because after Diagon Alley in Uni, I just don't see anything else in Potter that can be put into the park...

Post Thanks / Like

They may as well theme the entire park to Harry Potter at this rate. It's a shame Universal decided to let Lost Continent rot. In my mind, it is the single best thematic environment Universal Creative has ever envisioned. But they ruined it by putting no worthwhile attractions there.

I suppose all is OK if they use the space for more groundbreaking attractions (rather than stores), but this is so representative of the issues facing both Disney and Universal these days: They are too scared to make attractions that aren't tied to a franchise. Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would never be approved today.

Post Thanks / Like

They may as well theme the entire park to Harry Potter at this rate. It's a shame Universal decided to let Lost Continent rot. In my mind, it is the single best thematic environment Universal Creative has ever envisioned. But they ruined it by putting no worthwhile attractions there.

I suppose all is OK if they use the space for more groundbreaking attractions (rather than stores), but this is so representative of the issues facing both Disney and Universal these days: They are too scared to make attractions that aren't tied to a franchise. Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would never be approved today.
    You are right.... But as of now, only a part fo LC, Sinbad's area, is going Potter, to accommodate the train station... The rest of LC, I just can't see it being Potter... I just cannot find any other portion of the Potter universe to put there that makes sense... JK Rowling wants the Potter areas to make sense theme-wise... That's why Diagon Alley won't be in LC as was originally planned... In the Potter Universe, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are no where near each other... So, what else can go there???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spiderman re-opening?

any info out there on a re-opening date for Spiderman at IoA?

we're at Disney 3/3-3/9, and would like to spend a day at Universal....
    "Adventure is Out There!"

DLR 1960.62,64
    NYWF 1965
    WDW 1976,85.92,98 off property
    WDW 2001,04 off property
    POP 2007,08,10
    CBR 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redunzl5 View Post
    any info out there on a re-opening date for Spiderman at IoA?

we're at Disney 3/3-3/9, and would like to spend a day at Universal....
    Chances are Spiderman will still be closed.. The ride is scheduled to close February 8th for at least 6 weeks... That will keep the ride closed through most of March...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: