Quantcast Episode 28 - The Changing of the Balloons - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I heard Clarabelle is part of the afternoon parade now, is that right?
    Good question. Funny, the upcoming episode we just taped on Sunday night, our 'Best of" is Parades (thanks Shane!) and we all kind of commented how we don't really take the time to watch many parades anymore, especially the afternoon ones. So, your guess is as good as ours.

That whole Ludwig Von Drake thing was funny. I had no idea who he was, but by golly folks on Twitter let me know I'd messed up when I called him Scrooge. lol! I should have known better though, since I do know what Scrooge McDuck looks like. You can tell I don't have kiddos who watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse anymore.

lwith58, going to do my Google research now.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Are you talking about the same one?
    Quote Originally Posted by lwith58 View Post
    I’m not sure I wondered too. There is one called the “Hidden Mickey Forest” that is off property to the Northwest that can also be seen by satellite view. Search Google, it has an interesting story to go along with it.
    Yes that one
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Yes that one
    How interesting! I didn't even know Mickey's Forest existed. I love learning new Disney things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    How interesting! I didn't even know Mickey's Forest existed. I love learning new Disney things.
    I love it, it's definitely my favorite, showed it to a friend of mine whos a disney fanatic and she didnt know about it either! Love being able to input something new here. lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great podcast. I think everyone should be a spectator at the Marathon. It is alot of fun.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    Thanks for another great podcast. I think everyone should be a spectator at the Marathon. It is alot of fun.
    So true! As sleep deprived as I am that weekend, I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything, especially being in the MK at o'dark thirty and cheering the runners as they go up Main Street towards the Castle.

So excited for the Princess 1/2 Marathon next month. My boss's daughter is running and I've been getting her super excited about getting up early and cheering on the runners in the MK. On a side note, I saw that of the 12K runners in last week's Tinkerbell 1/2 at Disneyland, only 900 of the runners were men, so I'm assuming it will be similar circumstances next month. Ha, my hubby will be in heaven! hehehehe But I digress.....

Post Thanks / Like

For a real treat do a youtube search for "I'm professor ludwig von drake (no introduction)", it's very clever. He's a great character, but only appeared on a few Wonderful World of Colors.

Favorite Hidden Mickey's are the Viking with Mickey ears and the one by the Bonsai tree in box in Japan.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Finally listened to the podcast last night in work!

My favorite Hidden Mickey is on the ceiling mural of the Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. It's on the rump of a horse! LOL
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to post my favorite Hidden Mickey! It's probably because I don't have one. I'm not that good at finding them, usually. I guess the Haunted Mansion plate set up is my favorite, because it's fun to see if it's still there every time I ride.

I do actually appreciate all the hidden Mickey's worked into the various carpets, shower curtains, and other fabrics in the resort rooms. I think those are neat.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite hidden mickey is outside the Haunted Mansion made of the sewer lid and 2 of the horse hoof prints for ears.

Great Podcast!

The changing of the balloons had me cracking up.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I like the hidden mickey in Splash in the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da boat room.... Mickey is on the right on a screen. The unique thing about this one is that it is his complete body and he's lying prone and stiff, almost as though he's dead.

And on the same ride as you go up the final hill, the rock formation at the top of the hill on the left, at the opening, forms his profile...but it's very brief and you have to see it at the right positioning of your boat on the hill.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lwith58 View Post
    Should we be worried that Gary’s Cylon army has now grown to extend as far as West coast? How long before it reaches the East Coast?
    We are legion.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Since I guess posting my favorite Hidden Mickeys is the least I can do

1. The Seas Pavilion in the main tank made out of rocks on the bottom of the tank.

2. The one in Maharajah Trek that is hidden in the earring of one of the paintings (I believe I Tweeted a picture of this one in December.)
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

About Ludwig Von Drake, I mainly know him from hosting the Sing-A-Long videos. I watched them all the time when I was a kid. I don't remember him being on Duck Tales????
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, finally finished listening. I have to say, I have quite a different take on the BTMRR queue. In fact I often rank it towards the bottom, along with Test Track which I find annoying as all get out, so I'm glad these two are getting fixed/altered/updated what have you. Maybe it's because I've had the unfortunate experience of being stuck in it in the heat of summer while it had broken down (Ian did allude to how hot it can get). When the line is long, the early part of the queue DOES extend to the outside because we were baking in the sun. When you get to the shaded part, it's not much of a relief. Just imagine the hot sweaty humid summer crowds in a packed queue. Your only relief comes from ceiling fans that only seem to circulate the smell of body odor. I do like the overall theme of the ride, but I have not had good experiences with that queue!!!!

Have to give props to Michael for giving me the biggest laugh out loud moment mentioning how you found your camera on the streets of Seattle! Just something about the way you said it...

I don't really have a favorite Hidden Mickey, but I can tell you there's one that has become the bane of my existence because I CAN'T FIND IT. A few trips ago I bought the Hidden Mickey guide. We were going in a real down season and had lots of times for re-rides so it was a fun thing to do. It was in the Haunted Mansion, and I think it's supposed to be around the opera singer in the graveyard. It was the only one I couldn't spot
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Still catching up on listening to this episode, but I'll post my hidden Mickey now before the Super Bowl. I like the one on Figment (don't judge) in the part where his house is upside down. If you look up on the kitchen table there is a plate where the onion rings make a hidden Mickey.

I also love Michael's enthusiasm and sass in the past couple episodes. He cracks me up!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Great Podcast!

I have two favorite hidden Mickey's. One of them is at the Polynesian, it's when you first enter the hotel through the entrance that the Magical Express drops you off at. It is a rather large one in stone floor right before you check-in. My other is the ones on the carpets at the Wilderness Lodge. I have both of them as Hidden Mickey Pins!

Oh the Yeti... I ran across a website awhile ago that is dedicated to saving the Yeti, poor guy doesn't stand a chance. I was lucky to ride Everest before it broke, but honestly I may have not even noticed it was broken until someone told me. It is a shame that they went as far as making a documentary on building the Yeti and how wonderful he is/was and now he doesn't even work.

Congrats Mel on your first 5k!! I'm yet to do one, but I wish it would be a Disney one!!

Thanks guys!
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great Podcast. I hope that both Carol and Gary have fully recovered from their respective illnesses.

Just one mention about the Test Track refurb - how can you (I think that it was Ian) say that the guy was just some guy. It's John Michael Higgins, who is in pretty much every one of Christopher Guest's films. He's a hoot!

BTW- How in the world cold you tape an episode on Superbowl Sunday? Are we to assume that Jeff wasn't at the taping?
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Run Disney

Hey Guys,

GREAT PODCAST again, as always! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add a RunDisney section to the blogs. I would be glad to volunteer as a moderator. I have done the Donald 1/2 and I am sigining up for the Goofy Challenge for 2013. The marathon weekend, along with the wine and dine half marathon, the family 5ks, the tinkerbell half at Disneyland, there are soo many races, and so much to do to prepare with catching the buses, or preparing to run, etc. I really think alot of people need the help and would love to discuss their experiences. Please add it!!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Just one mention about the Test Track refurb - how can you (I think that it was Ian) say that the guy was just some guy. It's John Michael Higgins, who is in pretty much every one of Christopher Guest's films. He's a hoot!
    Huh ... you know until I read this here I never made that connection, but yeah that is who it is.

I love Christopher Guest's films, too. I can't believe I never realized that.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: