Quantcast CBR - Your thoughts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default CBR - Your thoughts?

The last moderate we have yet to visit is CBR. So that is our destination for our Dec trip. I am not sure what I think of the resort. Any thoughts from those who have been guests? Yep, I know it's big, we'll survive.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well, not to give away my age, but the last time I stayed there was 1992.

We loved the resort even though it was a value so to speak a the time since All Stars were not operating at the time.

We loved how quiet it was in the morning. My daughter and I would walk to the food court for pastries for breakfast. We were in either Barbados or Martinique. We later learned that Martinique was a better area as they were first on the pickup schedule for the buses. They were also close to the food court.

I have since stayed at POR and loved it and would stay there before CBR.

Hope this helps..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Ive stayed there 3 times and infact last Dec i went back and went on the boat ride .
    Ive always loved the CBR as its a colourful resort and so relaxing ,the private pools are large and if one is busy you can always move onto another .Port Royale were you eat and shop as such is varied ( menus ) ...Overall i love the place .
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Went in June and absolutely loved it! We got there early (10am) Front desk said it would take several hours for our room to be ready - I requested Aruba 51. Even though they did have another room ready, I was willing to wait and so glad I did. Guest services kept our luggage and they wre vry helpful. By the time we walked around the resort and checked out everything our room was ready! It really only took 30-45 mins. Mousekeeping was awesome and our luggage was brought up quickly!
    Yes, it is a big resort, but where we stayed was pretty close to everything. The walk to Port Royale was not that long, maybe 10 mins and it was so pretty and peaceful. Food was good, lots of choices. Tusker House lost DS's B'day pictures, they were to be delivered to the resort at the gift shop and the girls in the gift shop and manager bent over backwards helping us to get our pictures! It took 3 days and we finally got them. DS was almost in tears they were lost and just the sincerity in those girls was magical!
    Pools were never very crowed. We even took a paddle boat ride on the lake and were the only one's out there!
    Busses - we did have to wait but no more than 15 mins at the most. Just have to time everything, but it was Summer! Sometimes we were the first to pick up and drop off and sometimes we were the last - could not figure out the reason.
    Did not have one bad experience there! I would definately go again!
    SuzieBell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Numerous trips as a child
    1981 - Grad Nite
    1990 - 1 special day with Mom & Dad
    1991 - Off Site - Honeymoon
    2005 - Pop Century (DS 1st trip)
    2008 - Pop Century

2011 - CBR - Surprise B'day for DS
    2014 - POR - Another Surprise B'day for DS

Post Thanks / Like

We love it!
    Don't let the size scare you. How else will you work off all your treats?
    It's a gorgeous and generally quiet resort.
    Try it!
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed in Caribbean Beach in 2002 and loved it!!! I stayed in the Aruba section... The walk to Port Royale was really only 5 minutes though it felt longer cause I went in the middle of summer during, well, you know how Florida's summer is... The room was always cold when we returned from the parks, which is how I want a hotel room to be when it's hot out...
    You will love Caribbean Beach...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loved it!

My wife and I stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon (Jan 1997) and I really liked it. I really can't think of any negatives from our stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your posts! I think we will really enjoy our stay there so now I am excited...with a long wait!

DD wants to lounge out on a hammock on the beach. I reminded her that our last Dec trip had freezing temperatures but at least a hammock should be available for her.

What did everyone think about the food court? We usually have one sometimes two meals at our resort food court during our stay.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot remember where we stayed at CBR but my mom and I liked it a lot. We had dinner there twice and liked the variety of options there.

One thing I really liked was the nice walk along the beach. To me, I would say it is a nice change from the other moderates, especially if you love the Caribbean music piping around the resort. Have a great time!
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    What did everyone think about the food court? We usually have one sometimes two meals at our resort food court during our stay.
    The food court is really varied ,you have a salad/healthy booth,pizza ,american and you have a restuarant called Shutters ( ive never ate there ) but overall you do have a very varied menu....Breakfast is very good as well..
    Dont worry for a moderate you will be spoilt for choice..Have fun
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really appreciating this post, since we're doing CBR (hubby and one daughter keen to try it) but Ive been nervous and wondering if I'm making a mistake. I know that having only double beds is one negative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I'm really appreciating this post, since we're doing CBR (hubby and one daughter keen to try it) but Ive been nervous and wondering if I'm making a mistake. I know that having only double beds is one negative.
    Right there with you. But since DD and I committed to trying every resort at least once...well, this is our last moderate to check out!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    Right there with you. But since DD and I committed to trying every resort at least once...well, this is our last moderate to check out!
    There are king rooms available for an additional price,DW and I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years and enjoy it very much. The later in Dec you go the more the crowds will grow. The food court is nice with a nice selection from burgers and pizza to chicken and pasta but breakfast time can be busy as is the buses at park closings. Have a great time.
    Keep on Swimming Swimming Swimming

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at all the moderates and I guess you can say overall CBR has been our favorite. I really loved POFQ for its small size, and how charming it was. However, the only moderate we've stayed at more than once was CBR, and we may stay there again in August (still trying to decide if we are going to go through with the trip).

My boy's would pick CBR hands down over any of the other moderate resorts. They love the pool, the pirate rooms, the grounds, the food court, the gift shop, everything. We had great bus service. We ate in the food court several times, tried many different options, and never had a bad meal. Other than an incident with the curtain getting stuck in the door by housekeeping and leaving our door unlocked all day, two days in a row, we had absolutely no other complaints. I think you'll really enjoy it!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: