Quantcast Episode 29 - That's A Lot Of Shuffleboard - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When you live out in the middle of the desert like me, sometimes it's faster to order something from The Prime than to go out yourself to get it.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished listening. Thanks for another great podcast. Can we start a petition to bring back Tapestry of Nations? It was the best.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    Can we start a petition to bring back Tapestry of Nations? It was the best.
    I wish! I think it was John or Ian who mentioned though how the World Showcase just isn't really conducive to a parade, which is a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    When you live out in the middle of the desert like me, sometimes it's faster to order something from The Prime than to go out yourself to get it.
    The point of Prime is to never leave your house. In fact I'm running out of Fruity Pebbles. By Weds. a man will bring me Fruity Pebbles and I'll never have to do anything more than exactly what I'm doing now. It's a "Win/who cares what any one else gets" situation.

With Netflix Instant, Prime and pizza delivery all's good. Now if only someone would deliver beer.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Now if only someone would deliver beer.
    If you lived in California, you could have beer shipped to you from BevMo.

California is awesome...

*sigh*
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The point of Prime is to never leave your house. In fact I'm running out of Fruity Pebbles. By Weds. a man will bring me Fruity Pebbles and I'll never have to do anything more than exactly what I'm doing now. It's a "Win/who cares what any one else gets" situation.
    Funny you should mention that. My sister is an AVID fan of Count Chocula cereal. She gets her "fix" by ordering it via Amazon when it's not in the stores around Halloween. She gets it by the case.

The Prime is the best thing to happen to internet shopping.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Funny you should mention that. My sister is an AVID fan of Count Chocula cereal. She gets her "fix" by ordering it via Amazon when it's not in the stores around Halloween. She gets it by the case.
    But, but, but....is it cheaper than the store? Say cheaper than what we can get at the commissary (because honestly, cereal is one of the biggest bargains at the commissary)? I thought Gary was kidding about the cereal. lol!

You guys all speak so highly of "THE PRIME". I'm just trying to justify it past the free trial.

And yeah, when is the Prime going to become an official sponsor of the Insider Live?

Post Thanks / Like

California is awesome...

*sigh*
    It's not forever. You can move back. I get it, as we'll probably find ourselves back here in Florida eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

California is awesome...

*sigh*
    Hi-Time Wine Cellars delivers in Missouri. But I get in trouble when I buy from them because I buy really expensive beers...
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

The Prime is the best thing to happen to internet shopping.
    I feel so bad for your sister! Where I live you can get Count Chocula year round, not just at Halloween. I couldn't imagine a place where Count Chocula is available once a year!!!!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

With Netflix Instant, Prime and pizza delivery all's good. Now if only someone would deliver beer.
    I'm training the dog to go out for beer. If it proves effective, I'll put together a training youtube video for Finnegan.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    But, but, but....is it cheaper than the store? Say cheaper than what we can get at the commissary (because honestly, cereal is one of the biggest bargains at the commissary)? I thought Gary was kidding about the cereal. lol!

You guys all speak so highly of "THE PRIME". I'm just trying to justify it past the free trial.

And yeah, when is the Prime going to become an official sponsor of the Insider Live?
    Well, Mel. I can say with much confidence that Amazon (when items are sold directly from Amazon) is cheaper than retail almost all the time. In addition, no tax. We have bought several things from Amazon when they have turned out cheaper than from the Exchange on base, for example. Whenever we are about to buy anything nowadays, we get on Amazon from our smartphone, and price compare. MANY times, Amazon is the way to go.

Lego sets are a HUGE one. We buy a LOT of them for our boys. Amazon averages $5-15 cheaper than anywhere retail, add in no tax and free two day shipping and it's a no brainer.

I saved over $50 on Christmas gifts this year by buying them on Amazon rather than in stores.

And, when we see Count Chocula at the Commissary, it is cheaper than the Amazon cases. My husband bought 13 boxes one time. We kept one, and shipped my sister the other 12. But, the Commissary doesn't always have Count Chocula either.

I have found, at least locally, that the Commissary is on par, price wise, with Super Target. Ever since the Commissary started with the "fee" tacked on at the end, in lieu of taxes, the savings are negated, for the most part. We went to the Commissary once since we moved here. The savings just aren't there enough to justify the 40 min drive over there.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I have found, at least locally, that the Commissary is on par, price wise, with Super Target. Ever since the Commissary started with the "fee" tacked on at the end, in lieu of taxes, the savings are negated, for the most part. We went to the Commissary once since we moved here. The savings just aren't there enough to justify the 40 min drive over there.
    Don't want to get this way OT, but I'm one you'll find hard to convince the Commissary isn't a deal. Just the price savings on cereal, chips, bread, dairy, meat, etc. is enough for me. Now the Exchange is a totally different story. Absolutely no value there. I'll have to check more into the Prime and see if it would be a benefit to us. We do buy a lot of electronics, but otherwise not sure what else we would purchase. Unfortunately they don't sell tickets to sporting events or jerseys, do they?

Post Thanks / Like

I did a free trial on Prime and it was okay, but I didn't have the love for it that so many do. Maybe I'll look again. Price wise I think it depends on what you buy. I've found some great deals and some eh deals.

To go back to some of the other topics. Spectromagic is my favorite parade. I don't remember who said it on the podcast but I do agree that having a significant event tied to a parade/event makes it the one you love.

For me, Spectro was the first parade my son ever saw and my husband would sing the words to him. So MSEP ust can't live up to that memory.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I can't get into "The Prime." Seems like the only real benefit you get is free 2-day shipping or whatever. Since 99% of the stuff I buy from Amazon is over $25 I get free shipping on it anyway, so who cares?

Seems like a rip to me. No interest at all.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I can't get into "The Prime." Seems like the only real benefit you get is free 2-day shipping or whatever. Since 99% of the stuff I buy from Amazon is over $25 I get free shipping on it anyway, so who cares?

And also, "YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN."
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

There are other benefits. Kindle owners who have Prime, for example, can "borrow" e-books (one per month) rather than buying them from Kindle's Lending LIbrary. That's a pretty good perk!

Also, there is the streaming content that is included with Prime. The catalog of available stuff is getting bigger every day, and eventually, will be comparable to Netflix (according to Amazon). My new Blu Ray player contains the Amazon "channel" so we can watch streaming stuff right on our t.v.

I guess the "instant gratification" of the 2 day shipping is enough for me. I HATE the unpredictability of "Free Super Saver 5-9 business day" shipping. We always end up on the end where it is 9 business days. I hate ordering something and having to wait 2 weeks to get it!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Not counting Christmas, where we did our shopping in one day and had everything in our hands two days later, Prime has saved me money. I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and if I want a $12 book but nothing else I would generally end up buying junk to get up to $25.

But it's just like anything else. Your mileage may vary. Some see a value, some don't. Whatevs.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

And also, "YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN."
    I prefer, "HEY YOU WOODCHUCKS! QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!!"

But seriously, folks ... didn't mean to sound curmudgeonly about it. I should have been more clear and just said that The Prime didn't really fit for my buying habits.

I can definitely see how it would be worth it to some folks.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the laugh out loud category! The cruise correction segment was too funny.

As a graduate student who has to buy a bazillion books each semester, I LOVE "The Prime!" I got a free trial for what was supposed to be a year because I was a student. Don't tell, but that year is up, I've yet to be charged for a renewal, yet I'm still reaping the benefits of Prime. If push comes to shove and I have to pay for it, I'm not sure if I will, but right now it's such a steal. Electronics are HUGE bargains when it comes to not having to pay tax OR shipping. Wow. That was great for Christmas. One thing I have found though, is that it seems as if less and less things are "available" for Prime via secondary sellers. Maybe they are losing too much money on it?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: