Quantcast Travelling with golf clubs ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Travelling with golf clubs ?

We're thinking of golfing 1 of the days during trip (in 10 days !!). Whose travelled with their golf clubs before ? Ever have them shipped to your Disney resort ? Will they accept the shipment even if you haven't checked in yet ? Airline wants $50 per golf bag, 'cus of the dimensions/weight. Since I can ship them cheaper, I'm wondering about shipping them to my DVC villa for arrival the same day we arrive. Would that work?
    12/97 ASM
    12/99 Caribe Royale
    12/01 Best W.
    08/03 BC
    05/04 ASM
    08/04 POFQ
    04/05 PPH
    07/05 POFQ
    11/06 Pop
    03/08 POR
    05/08 POFQ
    06/08 Pop
    05/10 Grand Calif.
    06/10 Ginn,Reunion FL
    10/10 ASSports
    02/11 HGVC
    09/11 Fairfield (DLR)
    02/12 AKL
    03/13 BCV
    07/13 BW (DLR)
    03/14 VGC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have traveled with golf clubs before without a charge but, we were on Southwest. I have shipped items to the resorts before arrival and there has been no problem. The items were held for me.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

I play golf on my yearly food and wine trip every year. One of the specials that I have gotten every year is club rental. If you are staying on property for one price you can get 18 holes, a bucket of range balls and clubs Nike clubs if i remember from last year.

Its around 100$ per person which is cheaper than discount rates and club shipping, plus you don’t have to deal with the clubs before/after.

Call the clubhouse and see if they have that deal!

Last edited by mdricks; 02-20-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: misspelled
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI ... Southwest is charging $50 if the clubs weight over 50 lbs OR are larger than 62 inches (of length plus width plus height). My golf bag is larger than that total size.

I will call the clubhouse to see about any deals !!! thanks for that idea !
    12/97 ASM
    12/99 Caribe Royale
    12/01 Best W.
    08/03 BC
    05/04 ASM
    08/04 POFQ
    04/05 PPH
    07/05 POFQ
    11/06 Pop
    03/08 POR
    05/08 POFQ
    06/08 Pop
    05/10 Grand Calif.
    06/10 Ginn,Reunion FL
    10/10 ASSports
    02/11 HGVC
    09/11 Fairfield (DLR)
    02/12 AKL
    03/13 BCV
    07/13 BW (DLR)
    03/14 VGC

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would take my shoes and golf balls and rent the clubs, chance are they will be new clubs or at least a demo set of some high end model and a lot cheaper to rent the paying for shipping twice, having to lug them around and find a place on the way to the airport to ship them again.

I have rented may times in the past and always had good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd never check my clubs at an airport. Over the summer I saw a set fly off the bagage trolly and almost get run over on the tarmack. If it were clothes, not that big of a deal, but clubs aren't so fargiving.

I'd rent without question. There's no way it would be more expensive than buying new clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

I always rent clubs even for golf tourneys that I play in. It is such a hassle to deal with shipping or checking then transporting them to the hotel/resort, then to the golf course, and then back again.
    Well worth renting!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hi DCDisney!
    Fellow Pittsburgher and golfer here. Since you are staying at a Disney resort, I recommend that you contact the course that you plan to play and see if they are offering free club rental to Diseny resort guests. It has been offered recently and may be available when you go. They rent Cobra and Titleist clubs (the last time that I checked)
    Good luck and have a great round!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to use my own clubs so I struggled with renting them. However, they are very high quality clubs, Titlest and Cobra. I rent for our Disney trips. Takes the hassle of traveling with clubs plus I don't have to worry about damage. I take my shoes and golf balls and let Disney supply the rest. There is usually some kind of discount you can get where your clubs don't cost anything. With me, it's DVC.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: