Quantcast Harry Potter the Forbidden Journey Details - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note: I found the Queue too dark. I obtained a mini flashlight to enjoy the details.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Harry Potter

We are going to Universal Studios in twenty days, and I want to thank you all for the postings. I just want to walk through the village and the shops, as I don't care for motion rides, and I think I will enjoy it for the walk through. I'm sure the kids will be fine with it......The tips are great......
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    We are going to Universal Studios in twenty days, and I want to thank you all for the postings. I just want to walk through the village and the shops, as I don't care for motion rides, and I think I will enjoy it for the walk through. I'm sure the kids will be fine with it......The tips are great......
    IMO the shops are very very crowded because they are not very big. Make sure you walk thru the castle, as already stated you don't have to get onto the ride. The castle is really worth going thru, you won't be sorry. Since you aren't going to spend alot of time in lines at that area, make the time to do the show at Olivanders. The line is usually long but the kids will love the show.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

So if I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, is it worth going to Universal for the day, just walking through the castle. And seeing all the shops and the wand show?? My daughter thinks it is. She has been twice and will ride all therides.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my son and I just got back from a combined WDW/Universal vacation and had a blast on the FJ ride! I was excited but a bit nervous about the "jump" factor (as in things suddenly coming at me, making me jump), but found it not to be a problem. We also had no problem with the motion of ride causing any kind of disorientation or queasiness, it all seemed to flow very smoothly.

We went on it four times and I wish we could have gone on it four more times!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to keep beating the dead horse, but to expand a little more on the type of motions...do you flip 360 degrees, as you would in an upside down roller coaster? Or just a lot of random movements in all directions? What type of restraint system is there? (My mother, for instance, doesn't really do rollercoasters, but she will if there are over the shoulder harnesses.) And what type of ride vehicle?

I ask because this is probably the last time I will be able to go with mom, and she will definitely WANT to do this, but I'm trying to warn her ahead of time of things, because while I can tell *I* will love it, I don't want her to not enjoy the rest of the day.

Also, as for walking through the castle and not riding, are we talking waiting in the ride queue with everyone else and just bowing out at the end for a quick exit?
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    Not to keep beating the dead horse, but to expand a little more on the type of motions...do you flip 360 degrees, as you would in an upside down roller coaster? Or just a lot of random movements in all directions? What type of restraint system is there? (My mother, for instance, doesn't really do rollercoasters, but she will if there are over the shoulder harnesses.) And what type of ride vehicle?
    You sit on "benches" (actually four seats grouped together, with over the shoulder bars that come down and are very secure. The benches themselves are maneuvered on "arms" that travel via a track on the floor. The arms lift the benches in various directions, never completely upside down but reclining back at a couple of points at greater than 90-degree angles. There are a combination of effects, from footage projected onto a screen that also moves around as the benches do, to real props that are animated.

If you have any more questions, let me know!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, it is similar to Soarin' but there are only 4 people to your "bench" as the pervious poster called it, and the contraption moves on a track, instead of staying in one place like Soarin' does once you are up in the air.

That said, I can't handle coasters as well as I used to, so I wear motion sickness bands. We went to WWOHP last month and rode this and I was fine. You are on your back at least once, and leaning forward a few times, but the over the shoulder restaint keeps you in place. My concern was keeping my legs still. I swear one time I could have kicked a prop. I sat on the end (right end if you are looking at the seats). The queue was AMAZING!
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy View Post
    Like others have said, it is similar to Soarin' but there are only 4 people to your "bench" as the pervious poster called it, and the contraption moves on a track, instead of staying in one place like Soarin' does once you are up in the air.
    I don't want to disagree with you at all, but I have a different take on this and must say that FJ is nothing like Soarin' in terms of the possibility of motion sickness. Soarin' has a very smooth, calm motion while FJ tosses and turns, almost tips you over completely at times, and jerks you in and out of scenes. Some days I'm fine with it, and other days it really messes me up. I just wanted to throw that out there.

Post Thanks / Like

True what said above...you don't completely flip...just lean forward about 90 degrees in a couple of spots.

I do NOT get sick on any ride. This one didn't bother me at all. I found it movement wise similar to Dinosaur but "floaty".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say thanks to the last couple of posters for their input. I think mom will be ok with this, I was very excited to hear about the over the shoulder restraints. This is mom's "deal breaker" on whether she will try a coaster, and although this isn't a coaster exactly, I think the same will hold true.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I don't want to disagree with you at all, but I have a different take on this and must say that FJ is nothing like Soarin' in terms of the possibility of motion sickness. Soarin' has a very smooth, calm motion while FJ tosses and turns, almost tips you over completely at times, and jerks you in and out of scene.
    I agree, FJ is not like Soarin' at all, the ride action is much jerkier and fast-pace. From what I read, the concept of the robot "arm" that manipulates the benches is very similar to the "Sum of all Thrills" exhibit at Innoventions, as far as motion.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I agree, FJ is not like Soarin' at all, the ride action is much jerkier and fast-pace. From what I read, the concept of the robot "arm" that manipulates the benches is very similar to the "Sum of all Thrills" exhibit at Innoventions, as far as motion.
    It is the same company Beth - Kuka Robotics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It is the same company Beth - Kuka Robotics.
    That definitely makes sense.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I don't thin FJ is like Soarin at all.. not close in my opinion... FJ is much better, and more thrilling...

Let me ask those of you who have been on FJ, have any of you felt as if your legs were going to get caught on any of the props underneath you, or some of the netting or tarps that you cannot see but are there under your ride vehicle, in certain scenes??? I've read online where some people have felt their foot hit or brush these tarps... I'm 6'0 but I didn't feel anything when I rode last year...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Let me ask those of you who have been on FJ, have any of you felt as if your legs were going to get caught on any of the props underneath you, or some of the netting or tarps that you cannot see but are there under your ride vehicle, in certain scenes???
    No, I can't say that I have. But I'm only 5'6" so that might be why.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we went back in April. Here is my take on this. First of all, we had to wait 2 hours. Half way through our wait, DS9 had to use the bathroom. There is no exit, no "cast members" anywhere to be found. The poor boy had to suffer for another hour. He was almost in tears and in quite a lot of pain by the time we got into the building. Finally, someone let us out (after much begging) and told us how to get back in. It was not easy.

We got back in, and DS was happy again. We finally got on the ride. You sit in a ski lift type chair. A shoulder harness comes down from above and they instruct you to hold on by your shoulders. The next thing you know, you are being flipped and flopped and turned and twisted in ways I didn't know was possible. This was NOT like soarin'. This was fast and jerky and, although there was a movie/plot going on in front of my eyes, I couldn't focus on it to save my life. I've never been moved so fast in my life. It slows down and you think the ride is over. But Noooooo, you start flipping and flopping again. It felt like forever.

We got off the ride and I felt so awful. DS LOVED it, and I'm sure he would have gone on again. But DH and I both felt pretty sick. Amazingly, I didn't lose my butter beer. But, I felt sick until I went to sleep that night (we went on the ride at noon.) I felt dizzy and disoriented, and my stomach felt quite queazy.

So, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. If DS wants to go on that ride again, he's going to have to wait until he's old enough to go on it alone, unfortunately.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: