Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
Call me "old" but I miss the days of characters roaming the park. All these meet and greets take the fun out of it....

Then again, I dont have kids yet....maybe that makes a difference?
There are still some minor characters that are out and about, but the major ones are meet and greets, because of the bottlenecks they create and because people don't just get pics anymore -- they get autographs too, which creates more waits. Also people like seeing their favorites and are disappointed when they don't get to.

I totally agree it takes some of the fun and "magic" out of spontaneously seeing someone you didn't expect. But it doesn't seem that you can find much spontaneity at Disney anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
The point that bugs me is that out of all the expansion we get not one E ticket. Not one.
I'm not at all concerned about not having an E-ticket ride. I will reserve judgment about the two NEW rides until after I experience them.

The bigger picture is that looks to me like they are trying to create a more immersive experience, not just put in more rides. That area of Fantasyland was due for a 21st Century upgrade, and people FOR YEARS have complained about dark rides like SWSA being outdated (I don't agree, but that's another story). Yeah, they could have put in another attraction there, but it doesn't mean they won't ever.

I'm really looking forward to another "land" to experience in the Magic Kingdom for the first time in many years.