Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

The bigger picture is that looks to me like they are trying to create a more immersive experience, not just put in more rides. That area of Fantasyland was due for a 21st Century upgrade, and people FOR YEARS have complained about dark rides like SWSA being outdated (I don't agree, but that's another story). Yeah, they could have put in another attraction there, but it doesn't mean they won't ever.

I'm really looking forward to another "land" to experience in the Magic Kingdom for the first time in many years.
I think I'm with Aurora here.

I went on SWSAfor the last time last night. I have fond memories of being terrified on that ride at 6. I still enjoy riding it but I can understand why it feels dated to some especially for someone visiting for the first time who doesn't have the nostalgic feelings that many of us have.

I do wish they were keeping it open longer since the meet and greet won't be opening for quite some time but I can understand why they are putting it there.

To me, the mine train is the replacement for SWSA. It is not going in the same space, but it is replacing it. It wouldn't really make sense to try to redo SWSA into the mine train. The train needs a new location.

And I don't think we need more princess meet and greets but you have to admit it is pretty disjointed. You have assorted princesses meeting in Town Square Theater, Rapunzel next to City Hall, Merida in the fairy tale gardens and Ariel in Adventureland and Tiana in Liberty Square. Doesn't it make sense to have them in a central location for most of the princesses and shouldn't that location be Fantasyland?

And I know it is not what some would like, but my children are so excited for the Casey Jr Splash Zone. We could see them testing it last night when we rode Dumbo. After we got off , they went over and pressed their faces against the screens to watch it. They wanted to sneak in.