Quantcast ***RUMOR*** NextGen To Hit Dining In A Big Way - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking as a parent of kids who have NO patience, I would totally use it!! To be able to put in our order before we get on IASM (for the umpteenth time!), and then go directly to pick it up after we're done and not have to wait (hopefully), would be a God send!

Question: Would they link your KTTW card to your smart phone that way you could pay for the meal too??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this would work well for a lot of people, with the quick service preorder, not as I initially thought you meant ordering at TS restaurants 180 days out. That would be crazy. But preordering quick service not too far out from when you expect to pick it up makes sense. I like the idea.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would use it if it was for half and hour or so before we were going to eat but not if it costs more. Will the guarantee a place to sit too?

Next thing you know you are going to have to schedule the bathroom breaks on x pass!

I am going to need stall number 2 near the bathroom that is near the exit to Splash Mountain between 12:00 and 12:15.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonamae80 View Post
    Speaking as a parent of kids who have NO patience, I would totally use it!! To be able to put in our order before we get on IASM (for the umpteenth time!), and then go directly to pick it up after we're done and not have to wait (hopefully), would be a God send!

Question: Would they link your KTTW card to your smart phone that way you could pay for the meal too??
    I would want to assume that it would be tied to RFID somehow, which would more than likely be on your KTTW card...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Actually, this would work well for a lot of people, with the quick service preorder, not as I initially thought you meant ordering at TS restaurants 180 days out. That would be crazy. But preordering quick service not too far out from when you expect to pick it up makes sense. I like the idea.
    It is a system that would work well for 99% of the park guests... I figured the 180 day out thing was nuts, that's why I clarified with my friend... And yes, it makes much more sense to order the food the same day, even the day before... But 180 days was insane LOL...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Good news!

I just made my August ABRs! (Advanced Bathroom Reservations.)

I better go start working on getting regular...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably the 1% this would never work for even with CS. I will have a small inkling of where I want to eat CS, and an even smaller one of WHAT I want to eat before I head to the parks for the day. I sometimes will change my mind while STILL IN LINE before ordering my food.

But, I take waiting in line as part of the experience - so do my children.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    I'm probably the 1% this would never work for even with CS. I will have a small inkling of where I want to eat CS, and an even smaller one of WHAT I want to eat before I head to the parks for the day. I sometimes will change my mind while STILL IN LINE before ordering my food.

And that's absolutely understandable. I'm sure plenty of people will agree. This sounds like a system, if implemented, that will have no effect on people who choose not to utilize it.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post

That works for you and you'll still be able to wait on lines (unless Disney figures out they can make even more money by cutting out the poor CM who is only taking your order, thus not having to pay a ton of employees)... I have waited on lines, and while it doesn't bother me, I'd still use the pre-order system if it ever does go live because it could wind up being very convenient....

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just booked my ADR for May 23 at 1106 AM. 5 Dole Whips. One with 3 napkins. One with 2 napkins. One with 6 napkins (my oldest DS is messy). One with a long handle spoon (my DW is silly that way, but I love her). And mine no napkins straight up (I live dangerously).

What do you guys think, am I missing anything. I could ruin my whole vacation if I can't get this right. Our xpass for swiss family treehouse expires at 1109 AM..........h...e...l...p
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Find it funny how I mention that I could see it working with CS but not TS and presto the Rumor changes
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter which rumor, TS or CS, neither work well. For TS, managing changes in menu would be a nightmare. And with cancellations common, it wouldn't help much in planning for food quantities. Just no upside really.

For CS it's worse. CS places are more assembly lines than restaurants and assemble on a first come first serve basis. A significant number of people would be late arriving. So then the CS place would need a place to store the assembled meal under heat lamps to keep them warm. It's easier and meals warmer simply by assembling them in a first come first served basis.

And at the rate they are assembled there would be no time saving for the customer. You'd still stand in a line waiting for your order with all the others who preordered.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Good news!

This is the best post I've read in months!!!!!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Good news!

I better go start working on getting regular...
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    I am going to need stall number 2 near the bathroom that is near the exit to Splash Mountain between 12:00 and 12:15.
    Yabbut, this would totally work so well for my sister's granddaughter whose alarm/notification system is seriously out of whack. Who among us has been blythely touring a park when out of nowhere the kid with you starts sounding like an air raid siren because she SUDDENLY needs to GO!!!!!!

. . . and the line at the bathroom is longer than the one for TSM.

We pretty much don't pass up a bathroom.

Back on topic: this same kid doesn't know she's hungry until she's doing jelly fish impressions all over the place 'cause she's so out of fuel. Pre-ordering would be such a blessing. As long as one can do so with something other than an iphone or smart phone. I mean if you can do Facebook, GPS, e-mail, etc, could you pre-order your food?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

This had got to be one of the most idiotic ideas I've ever heard! Seriously.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot19 View Post
    Ok I just booked my ADR for May 23 at 1106 AM. 5 Dole Whips. One with 3 napkins. One with 2 napkins. One with 6 napkins (my oldest DS is messy). One with a long handle spoon (my DW is silly that way, but I love her). And mine no napkins straight up (I live dangerously).

What do you guys think, am I missing anything. I could ruin my whole vacation if I can't get this right. Our xpass for swiss family treehouse expires at 1109 AM..........h...e...l...p
    LOL. You're probably not too far off!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I did not read all the previous posts, but in case it hasn't been mentioned, Tampa has a waterpark that allows you to preorder a quick service "picnic lunch for 3-4" about 2 days in advance that can just be picked up at a certain time.

I would have done it, but planned the trip last-minute so it was too late. Now there aren't nearly the number of places to eat there as WDW, but I could see it working if maybe one eatery per park offered something like this. It would just be an additional dining option, might provide a quicker way of getting food at peak times, and would have little negative effect on those who chose not to participate. (The regular lines may even get a bit shorter.)
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Won't it get cold?

Seriously, if true, why? I mean can Disney benefit in some way from this?
    Lol true what and how is this beneficial to them? I would never do this. And I can tell you now it isn't going to happen. God forbid a child or an adult has a food allergy and somehow between a phone order etc something is interpreted wrong a huge lawsuit would be waiting! I probably wouldn't order if a member has a food allergy..(my son has a gluten allergy) but still there are some that might.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

180 days, no way and I would be stunned if Disney even offered that as an option. Way too many problems. However, I would probably use a system that allowed me to order meals a few hours in advance. I do that at home anytime we get takeout. With kids anything to cut down on the waiting is worth a shot.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: