Quantcast Episode 30 - Little Red Is Not Okay - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    • My real name is Frederick, but most people call me Fred.
    • I'm obsessed with WDW. (duh)
    • I am an avid WDW planner, but I make my plans flexible.
    • I'm Italian-American, not Mexican.
    • When I say gravy, I'm talking about pasta sauce.
    • Darth refers to my life-long love for Star Wars and my allegiance to the Sith.
    • Macho refers to my all-time favorite pro wrestler, Randy "Macho Man' Savage.
    • I've stuck with my current avatar almost from the very start.
    • My favorite color is red because I prefer redheads, I love red wine, and I'm a Red Sox fan.
    • Ian was spot-on when he made the connection between the location of my favorite Hidden Mickey and my personality, because both are located on the same end of the horse.
    • I have to double-check every post and reply to make sure I don't violate the TOS with my usually foul language.
    • I also own the Walt Disney World Explorer CD-ROM, but it doesn't work anymore.
    • I'm a follower of Gary's Column on Facebook.
    • I'm going to WDW in 2012!
    Hi Fred! I think I'll continue to call you Darth though.

This list is classic!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    I am also suspicious of bunnies. What's with all the carrots? Why do they need such good vision? (Nerd alert.)
    Any other holiday phobias we should be aware of? Leprechauns and St Patrick's day, perhaps ? Or does the give that one a pass?
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Was finishing up the podcast while driving home and almost wrecked my truck I was laughing so hard. I dont know which one of you guys was doing the nerd voice talking about which episode was what, but it was hilarious. Reminded me of Star Trek fans, of which I am one. Well played Sir, well played.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hi Fred! I think I'll continue to call you Darth though.

This list is classic!
    You'll always be Darth Macho to me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    I dont know which one of you guys was doing the nerd voice talking about which episode was what, but it was hilarious. Reminded me of Star Trek fans, of which I am one. Well played Sir, well played.
    That was Gary, and I'm sure it's no surprise he IS a Star Trek fan. Was going to say Trekkie, but can't remember if it was determined that Trekker was the actual correct nickname.

The six minute 'wrap up' - wow! We WERE very punchy and I was totally bossy. 11:30pm and some wine...there ya go.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record, I'm a Star Trek fan too along with BSG. Nerd-dom runs deep on the podcast...

We do broadcast from the basement of the science building as well.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I listened late last night. My personal opinion is that Ian probably got a LAME score on Disneyland Astro Blasters and he is bitter.
    I'm not going to confirm anything, but I will just say this ... You may be on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Here's a link to some pictures of me.
    Man, was I off base with what I pictured! You look a lot more like Uncle June from the Sopranos than you do Pedro.

Hey, me too! I'm often shocked that it's always Ian getting edited and not me.
    Well in fairness, you've been edited once or twice.

But truthfully, my mouth is the thing I dislike most about myself. I'm terrible and just so un-INTERCOT like.

Bad, Ian! Bad!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

In fairness I'd say most of us are pretty nerdy in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well in fairness, you've been edited once or twice.
    All I've done is managed to derail the entire podcast within the first five minutes causing us to have to scrap it and start over. And, for the record, I didn't use any profanity in the process.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

All I've done is managed to derail the entire podcast within the first five minutes causing us to have to scrap it and start over.
    Oh, is that all?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just for the record, I'm a Star Trek fan too along with BSG. Nerd-dom runs deep on the podcast...

We do broadcast from the basement of the science building as well.
    Well, if you are a SciFi fan, then you should at least show some love for Henson related SciFi -- Dark Crystal, Farscape, etc.!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Well, if you are a SciFi fan, then you should at least show some love for Henson related SciFi -- Dark Crystal, Farscape, etc.!!
    John's not cool enough for Farscape. Though now I think I'll start incorporating frell into the podcast. Also Ben Browder is going to be on an episode of Doctor Who this year. You know, just to cross over on geekdom there.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    So say we all.

Thanks again guys for another great Podcast. Definitely missed Carol, I kept waiting to hear her voice. I laughed out loud at work again, but at least this time all of my co-workers were wearing headphones and couldn't hear me.

Ian had it right about the delicate genius - it's genius rather than flow.

Before anyone else picks it, my favorite ride vehicle is Dumbo. It's the cutest ride vehicle. Liberty Square Riverboat was a close second. And a delayed pick of my favorite hidden Mickey. It's the same as Jeff, the stones in the aquarium in the Seas, mainly because it's the only one that I've actually found.

Helly Hansen - there are two stand alone retail stores on the East Coast - a store in Annapolis, MD (not too far from you, John) and another in Newport, RI.

Loved WPST - growing up in Bucks County, PA, it was my favorite station in my teens and twenties.

Darth Macho as Pedro from South of the Border - hysterical - I wonder how many listeners didn't get the reference if they've never traveled I-95 by car through the Carolinas. Which brings me to living in the South. I'm now 3 miles east and 4 miles south of the Mason-Dixon line, and trust me, I am in the South.

John bringing his son on a cruise after graduation, rather than sending him to the shore, is a good move - it reminded me of my parents taking me & my sis to Hawaii after my graduation. It was memorable.

I was wondering who had the heavy breathing for a while until John mentioned Michael. While you mention that the Changing of the Balloons was a favorite Michael moment from the Podcasts, my favorite is his 'Real Wet' comment during his first Podcast appearance and the rednecks in cutoffs holding gardenhoses from Episode 19 that he made during the Dollywood Splash Country discussion. I break out into giggles even thinking about that comment.

Keep the Podcasts coming. They are always appreciated and enjoyed.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Podcast!

Aside from the classics, my favorite ride vehicle is WDW’s Tower of Terror elevator cabs. The first time I rode this attraction I was not expecting the elevator cab to move across the building from one shaft to another. What an awesome detail in this attraction. I was a fan of Horizons’ ride vehicles too, the surround sound and interactivity and (similar to Peter Pan) the elevation changes.

I would absolutely go to the parks myself if I lived near them too. On our last trip to WDW I had an opportunity to spend an hour or so at MK by myself. When we go I almost end up in touring commando mode because I don’t want to miss any attractions and I don’t know when we’ll be back. It was really nice to spend that hour or so just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere around Main Street and the hub. I would love to be able to go a couple times a year and love it even more if I could go when ever I wanted to.

Okay now I’m worried. We now have confirmation that Gary’s Cylon Army does in fact cover the country from coast to coast. Is Intercot’s Gary’s Cylon Army on the Facebooks too? By the way Gary did you upgrade your hardware? Your sound quality was excellent it sounded like you were right there next to me.
    Lee

DL '13
    POFQ '11
    ASMu '08
    POP '07
    ASMo '05
    DCL Magic '00
    POFQ '96
    POFQ '92
    Poly '80
    Fort Wilderness '78
    Poly '76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lwith58 View Post
    Okay now I’m worried. We now have confirmation that Gary’s Cylon Army does in fact cover the country from coast to coast. Is Intercot’s Gary’s Cylon Army on the Facebooks too? By the way Gary did you upgrade your hardware? Your sound quality was excellent it sounded like you were right there next to me.
    The cylon army can't be on Facebook. Otherwise you'd know when they invade.

Okay, the sound quality. This is embarrassing...I turned my microphone around. Apparently, according to John who knows about broadcasting equipment, some mics have a good side and a bad side. I had been using the bad side. Who knew?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite attraction vehicle is:

The Teacups! I have always thought it was SO cute to ride in a cup with saucer and I love how they are painted!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    My favorite attraction vehicle is:

The Teacups! I have always thought it was SO cute to ride in a cup with saucer and I love how they are painted!
    I agree. They are really stinking cute. I can't ride in them though (), so I just admire from afar!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo my husband and I are trying to sit down and listen and the in-browzer player won't pop up and it won't download on itunes We need our dose of your awesome tangents!

Will reboot and try again!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you got it to work? If not, in iTunes, right click and choose update.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys forgot to mention the most ridiculous aspect of 2015 in Back to the Future.

The Cubs ever having a team capable of winning the World Series.

Best Ride Vehicle: Indiana Jones Jeep at Disneyland. That thing makes you feel like you're right in the middle of an Indy movie.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Best Ride Vehicle: Indiana Jones Jeep at Disneyland. That thing makes you feel like you're right in the middle of an Indy movie.
    Good one!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: