Quantcast Tell me about Maharajah Jungle Trek & Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about Maharajah Jungle Trek & Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

We have been to Animal Kingdom several time, but have never made it to the Maharajah Jungle Trek or the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

Can you tell me about them and if you think it's worth "moving them up" the must do list while we are at Animal Kingdom.

We all LOVE animals, but would you skip other attractions in order to see those?

Thank you for any info.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

my dw & i do them almost every trip.it's quiet and a nice easy walk.the last couple of times we went early and we were able to see the tigers up close.if you hear a bell it cm calling the tigers out.be sure to to explore every side trial.we dicovered one this trip and got some great pictures of the gorillas.its a nice change after a hectic day at mk or hs.

Post Thanks / Like

Love both of them. Definitely worth it for us, especially when the rides start getting really crowded. There's some gorgeous scenery and the animals are all fun. To me, those two are better than the safari ride in terms of seeing the animals. My only negative is the tigers like to sleep in spots where you can't see them well.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, goodness! Please put these trails on your list of things to do! On one, you get close up views of gorillas - that alone makes the trail worthwhile. On the other, you get close up views of the tigers.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I always do them, and I was sad we didn't really get to do the maharajah one last time. They do not take that long to go through anyways...
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

These are well worth the time. Actually they may be one of my favorite parts of AK. I could watch the gorillas for hours! Last time we were there, there were a number of babies playing together. They were hilarious!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Besides being able to see the animals up close, those trails also contain some of the most beautiful scenery and elaborate sets in the park. If you only have time for one trail, I recommend Asia - the "ruins" are amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

We did it last time for the first time and it was awesome - seeing the gorillas and the little bitty baby gorilla trying to pound his chest (not very well - awesome!
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

The best part is you can stay and watch any one animal for a lengthy time unlike the safari which seems rushed kinda
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely do them. Take your time & observe the wildlife as you can get a glimpse of some truly unique moments.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Those two trails are the epitome of what Disney was trying to create when creating Animal Kingdom. Being able to view animals in there "natural habitat." they are both beautiful trails. I remember the day that the Tigers arrived!!!! I got to do a test walk through as a cast member. It was so neat watching them on their first day! Definitely a must do for both.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

They are definite must-dos on my list! I will literally stand at the tiger viewing area for a minimum of 15 minutes! I never feel rushed, I always try to be courteous of other guests and stand to the side or step back and give them a chance to view, but as soon as they move along, I'm right back up at the window!

Post Thanks / Like

We do these, but not every year. These are good to do when the rides are busy and you're between fast passes. I really like the gorillas. They are amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

The answer to this question is probably about how you enjoy spending your time at AK. I've talked with people who feel these trails are a waste of their time because it takes time away from the bigger 'attractions' like EE, KS, and Dinosaur. For us, AK has become our favorite park because of the "relaxation factor" we get from doing casual walks, including these trails. I did both these trails last week. I can tell you I spent at least 30 minutes with the gorillas, mostly because I was having a great time watching the baby. I also took a casual stroll in Asia, spending a lot of time enjoying the tigers.

I'm not saying you need to spend that much time on the trails, but it can be a very enjoyable experience. I'd recommend you give it a try and see what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

As I used to say at the end of my safari, "If you want to see even more animals that we didn't find out here on the reserve, head on over to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail! You can see lots of cool animals like Western Lowland Gorillas, underwater viewing of hippos, naked mole rats, meerkats, and lots of creepy-crawly things I tend to avoid. Once you get off at the Warden's Post, just go down the path, go to the right, and the entrance is right there! Now, it is time for us to say farewell, but we don't say goodbye in Harambe. That's too sad and too final, so instead we say kwaherini, which means to go well. So kwaherini and hakuna matata! No hurries and no worries. And don't be afraid to go a little bit wild out there, but not too wild! It's a family jungle out there!"
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm wrong but for the most part the "trails" were often another way to get from points A and B. Just a little more twisty. So you could kinda go thru the trails and still end up where you were going anyway.

But like another poster said they're a good thing to do between fast passes.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLuver91 View Post
    As I used to say at the end of my safari, "If you want to see even more animals that we didn't find out here on the reserve, head on over to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail! You can see lots of cool animals like Western Lowland Gorillas, underwater viewing of hippos, naked mole rats, meerkats, and lots of creepy-crawly things I tend to avoid. Once you get off at the Warden's Post, just go down the path, go to the right, and the entrance is right there! Now, it is time for us to say farewell, but we don't say goodbye in Harambe. That's too sad and too final, so instead we say kwaherini, which means to go well. So kwaherini and hakuna matata! No hurries and no worries. And don't be afraid to go a little bit wild out there, but not too wild! It's a family jungle out there!"
    okay that made me very happy..haha
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

you can spend all the time you want on these trails and still have plenty of time to see/do everything in AK in one day. If you are trying to do AK in a half-day, as some do, you will be pressed to see it all. IMO, taking your time and enjoying the trails is well worth it.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I love to do the trails! We make it a point to go through them every time we're there, and often skip other major attractions (Bug's life movie, Kali River Rapids) just to see the animals. I especially like the bats. If you've never seen the bats, you're really missing quite the exhibit.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy many zoos.
    The Tiger and Bat exhibits are standouts.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: