Quantcast Cars Land & Carthay Circle Theater to open June 15th - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    I planned our trip before the opening dates for Carsland, Buena VIsta, and the Matterhorn were announced. Now we are excited and a little concerned to be arriving on 6/16 and touring the parks 6/17 - 21.
    The site and app that predict crowd levels say that DCA is going to be a 9 out or 10 and that DL is going to be a 4 throughout our stay. Any thoughts from DL veterans?
    We plan to do DCA on 6/18 (my bday) and 6/20, and then mop up anything we missed on 6/21.
    Im hoping to be at the park about 40 mins before rope drop on those AMs, and sprint to Carsland. Here are my questions for the DL veterans:
    1) will the rest of DCA be packed, or will the throngs just focus on Carsland?
    2) will the reopening of the Matterhorn make DL crowded? or just that attraction?
    3) the experts have DL at only a 4 on Father's Day... I would think that would be a huge attendance day. That's our first day in the parks - is it going to be a madhouse?
    Thanks for any input - 51 days and counting !
    We are planning on going on the 18th as well. The weekend will be insane at CL. LAUSD gets out of school on the 19thl, that is why I chose the 18th. Don't know about Orange County schools. It will still be jammed on the 18th.

I don't think it will be such a big event with the re-opening of the Matterhorn. They will now have single rider lines for that and the loading/unloading is supposed to be faster/easier. No more seatbelts, they will have pull down lap bars. They will have only one to a seat, no more tandem seating. That attraction is usually busy but the line moves fairly fast.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    I planned our trip before the opening dates for Carsland, Buena VIsta, and the Matterhorn were announced. Now we are excited and a little concerned to be arriving on 6/16 and touring the parks 6/17 - 21.
    The site and app that predict crowd levels say that DCA is going to be a 9 out or 10 and that DL is going to be a 4 throughout our stay. Any thoughts from DL veterans?
    We plan to do DCA on 6/18 (my bday) and 6/20, and then mop up anything we missed on 6/21.
    Im hoping to be at the park about 40 mins before rope drop on those AMs, and sprint to Carsland. Here are my questions for the DL veterans:
    1) will the rest of DCA be packed, or will the throngs just focus on Carsland?
    2) will the reopening of the Matterhorn make DL crowded? or just that attraction?
    3) the experts have DL at only a 4 on Father's Day... I would think that would be a huge attendance day. That's our first day in the parks - is it going to be a madhouse?
    Thanks for any input - 51 days and counting !
    I agree that I don't think the Matterhorn will make too much of a difference at Disneyland. I'm sure it will get a lot of interest since it has been closed for some time. People will want to see the upgrades, and ride the new vehicles, but it will not even compare to Cars Land.

Cars Land will be the draw at DCA. Your trip being so close to the opening, I don't think you will need to worry about anything else in the park, at least when the park first opens. The crowds will definitely head to Cars Land.

The word is that the FastPass machine for Radiator Springs Racers will actually be outside Cars Land, and next to Bug's Land. People can get there Fast Passes there without entering the crowds headed into Cars Land then go to other areas of the park.

Throw the charts away ... Because of the draw of Cars Land I expect DCA to reach capacity that entire weekend, with spillover into Disneyland, so my suggestion will be to start early.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post

Throw the charts away ... Because of the draw of Cars Land I expect DCA to reach capacity that entire weekend, with spillover into Disneyland, so my suggestion will be to start early.
    TOTALLY agree with this. Anytime there is ANYTHING new at Disneyland, it's a mobscene. Just expect it. Utilize Magic Mornings at Disneyland if you will be eligible. If not, be at the gates at LEAST an hour prior to park opening. It is going to be a madness like you've never seen before. Think: New Year's Eve in Times Square crowded. Like that.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    We are planning on going on the 18th as well. The weekend will be insane at CL. LAUSD gets out of school on the 19thl, that is why I chose the 18th. Don't know about Orange County schools. It will still be jammed on the 18th.
    Many So. Cal schools are out on June 14. My sister's a teacher in Redondo Beach Unified, and that is their last day, as well as many schools in Orange County.

Prepare for the madness!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Many So. Cal schools are out on June 14. My sister's a teacher in Redondo Beach Unified, and that is their last day, as well as many schools in Orange County.

Prepare for the madness!
    Thanks for the heads up on the OC schools. Since it is a work day, I am hoping that will keep some of (small %) working people away. I handled the crowd during Leap Day night, and that was total insanity. I think that was worse than NYE.

I also read on another site that they will not be offering fastpasses until after the summer is over. The fastpass machines will be where the It's tough to be a bug machnes are. Talk about adding fuel to the fire. Don't know if this is rumor or not. Hope someone can clarify.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input, everyone
    We will hit CL commando style and hope for the best. I am hoping with our plan to be there early to hit rope drop on 3 mornings, we should be able to get in the Big 3 attractions in CL without having to spend the whole day in line.
    I started stressing about this, since Im a WDW expert who can do whatever I want in WDW without worrying about lines - but Ive decided to stop worrying and try to go with the flow. Time will tell, and Ill trip report. thanks and keep the updates and ideas coming please
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

I have a question that I was wondering if anyone out there could answer. I have a friend who wants to visit Cars Land and bring his wife. She is pregnant. Are all three new attractions suitable or not? Would love to be able to pass along the information to my friends.

Thank you.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Pier Pinocchio View Post
    Hey all,

I have a question that I was wondering if anyone out there could answer. I have a friend who wants to visit Cars Land and bring his wife. She is pregnant. Are all three new attractions suitable or not? Would love to be able to pass along the information to my friends.

Thank you.

I would say no to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. It whips you around too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I checked at Radiator Springs Racers today and it specifically states that expectant mothers should not ride.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: