Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why? - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote would be for the SciFi Drive In. It was not particulary bad in any way but that terrible B movie loop made me want to poke my eyes out after the 5th go around. Coupled with the tight seating and meh food, we will not be going back again.
    Sept 1994 - Off site
    July 1998 - Off site
    May 14 - 22, 2004 - Pop Century
    May 26 - June 3, 2006 - Polynesian
    Oct 18 - 24, 2008 - POR
    Oct 21 - 27, 2012 - Pop Century
    Oct 18 - 26, 2014 - Pop Century
    May 28 - June 4, 2016 - Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I will eat at Chefs de France again. I went with my father on Super Bowl Sunday since he's not a football fan. We were in EPCOT and for some reason he insisted we eat at a table service restaurant. I was excited to go because I never ate there. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was good but we were rushed from the minute our waiter came to our table. Our dinners came out about 5 minutes after our salads. Our waiter wad rude too. I have a big problem being rushed when I'm in a restaurant. I don't like when the waiter does or someone I'm with. I have eaten at Via Napoli three times and my third time ended up changing my opinion of it. The third time we had no reservations and got seated right away. We had a very nice, attentive waiter, who kept telling us to take our time. We weren't rushed. We enjoyed our dinner and a bottle of wine. It was a pleasant surprise from the last two visits when we were so rushed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    I am slightly conflicted but still think I have to put Bistro De Paris on my list.
    We'll never go here again! The food was not great, the waiter was snottier than they are in France, I kept getting hit with carts, etc.

This is one of the few that we'll never try again.

Post Thanks / Like

Captain Jack's. smelled like my grandparent's house
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I would never shun a restaurant for bad service. I know the odds of having the same waitress/waiter are slim to none.
    I am a "foodie." I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales. For some reason, the trend has been to praise Disney restaurants. I do not think any of them warrant the praise. Their prices are so out of line with the quality. The sheer volume of a Disney restaurant should be a clue that you are probably not going to get the best "whatever it is you ordered."
    That being said, It is what it is. You are in a theme park atmosphere and you will get theme park food.

I will not go back to Tony's. I will not go to the Liberty Tree Tavern for anything except for lunch. (The pot roast is yummy.)

My advice: If you have already had a dish that was spectacular at another restaurant, do not expect the same quality at a theme park. Keep your expectations low, and hope for the best.

There are some pleasant surprises in the WDW area. Be adventureous and try them all. Only you can make up your mind on what is good or not.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with the above poster. I have had a few experiences with bad service but never at the same place more than once.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

i had to think
    Capn Jacks..once long ago (w first wife so that is a long time) just remember it not being good
    T-Rex (w potential 4th wife) just wasnt good food or service
    Boma..uh cause i met my 3rd wife there...and I dont think it was quite as good the 2nd time i ate there.
    there have been places i had good meals then not so good. it depends
    but w so many places to eat at WDW, you never have to repeat if you dont want to
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

The poly luau I tried it twice and had the same feeling long drawn out show and the food was not worth the $$$

The crystal plaza in the mk is another not b/c food tasted bad or service was bad it is on the list b/c in 1998 i had cake and there was glass in it and i ate it. They comp my meal and the managers and staff were extremly nice but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Worst dining experience

I have to go with 1900 Park Fair. The whole night was a disaster. First, it was pouring and there's no close parking (unless you want to pay the valet). We were traveling with friends who had never been to WDW, so when I planned the trip (including ADRs) I wanted it to be memorable. Well, it was; just not in a good way. We had 2 cars, so my buddy and I dropped off the wives and kids and went to park. By the time we got to the lobby, we were both soaked to the skin. Whoever was in the lobby (concierge???) thought it was hysterical that we were dripping wet (and freezing in the A/C). Instead of offering us towels, he suggested we go to the gift shop and buy t-shirts. I went into the men's room to try to dry off, and it was an absolute mess. There were paper towels all over the place, toilet paper scattered around, soap and water around the sinks; NOT what I expect from Disney. Then, to top it all off, the food was awful and the service was mediocre.

Obviously, it's not Disney's fault the weather was nasty, (I know they're good, but they're not THAT good ) but the valet lot was almost empty; they could have let us park closer to the building (as I remember, the lot we were told to use was across the street from the property; a long walk in the rain). The concierge (or whoever he was) certainly could have been helpful and offered us towels, rather than laughing at us and telling us to buy dry shirts. The restroom should have been cleaned. And I definitely expect quality food and service when I'm at WDW.

I've long wanted to stay at the GF, even if only for one night as part of a longer stay. Maybe someday I will, but I won't eat there.
    July, 1973 - Polynesian
    July, 1976 - Polynesian
    July, 1978 - Polynesian
    October, 1982 - Hotel Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    November, 1999 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2003 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
    November, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    I
    I am a "foodie." I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales. For some reason, the trend has been to praise Disney restaurants. I do not think any of them warrant the praise. Their prices are so out of line with the quality. The sheer volume of a Disney restaurant should be a clue that you are probably not going to get the best "whatever it is you ordered."
    Seriously? I consider myself a foodie and love to cook as much as I eat. I don't think the dismissal of all WDW restaurants is necessary. I would think a foodie would enjoy looking for and finding things they enjoyed. There are so many things I could list that are great to eat in just Epcot, never mind anywhere else. Let's not get carried away here...

And forgot two places
    Columbia Harbour. Ambience is very nice. I sat upstairs in a quiet corner by a window and was able to people watch for a while looking over the pathway to HM. Very pleasant and neat looking inside but still didn't make up for my dry fish sticks. (Ordered fried fish, but got what looked like a kids meal. Maybe wrong order? Lol)

McDonalds Near All Stars. Used to be a cheap alternative to the resort food, or at least something different. No way, no how anymore! The last time i stepped inside, I saw that the prices were WAY over what they are anywhere else. Meals ranged from 6-10 dollars! Most burgers/sandwiches were around 4-5 dollars, without fries or drinks. No dollar menu to be found either! And when this place is usually dead, why is the service so slow? Just wondering...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

1. San Angel. Man, I live in "North" Mexico where we get quality Mexican food all the time. San Angel is for those who like plain, bland food. Not to mention lousy service, but that could happen anywhere.

2. Corral Reef. I actually liked my food, but everyone else hated it. Plus it took 45 minutes to be seated for a 6pm ressie. Terrible.

3. Garden Grill. Food was barely OK. And it was LOUD. With the waterfalls and ambient noise, everyone has to shout to be heard. Not even Mickey and the gang can pull me back there.

Really shocked to see Le Cellier, Marekesh, and Akershus on lists. These are in my top 5. But that just means it's that much easier for me to get into.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

The first two or three times Le Cellier was great, but our last time was, well, our LAST time. Food and service were awful!!!!

Marakesh, we've also put off our list. Bad food and awful service.

Chefs gave us snooty service as well and the food was not good, we won't be back.

Coral Reef and Boma have always been terrific! and our server has always bent over backwards to please us.

California Grill never disappoints

Friday, I make ressies for our November-December trip!!!

OHana, we are never dissappointed there either.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

the wave for me...we had an ADR we got there early there was noone there..quests..we told them our time they said okay we were there 30 mins early... they could ahev seated us..nope
    then we get there waitress was okay we tried making small talk there was 2 other couples in the room... and another waiter for them. husband orders Samon and I order FM...his was rear inside so we send it back...we waited and waited... i had mine so I ate some due to medical I could not wait ...but ate real slow..finally his was served good.. but the staf just didn't seem to care... we left a tip small one it took our waitor 2o mins to get water..really if it was packed yes..but we were her only table...

food was okay but service slow and unintentive... another vote agaist THE WAVE
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

Pizza Planet. It was very overdone. It wasn't even sliced completely, probably because it was so crunchy!! Had to wrestle it apart.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    I know that since the 80's that Disney restaurants have ranked the lowest possible on reviewers scales.
    The only 5 diamond in Orlando (one of two in Florida) is a Disney property. As a foodie who has done my time in kitchens I can say this is great post because of the wide range of foods offered at Disney. While expectation management is an excellent plan for many Disney restaurants (i.e. Shutters barf!) it is by no means the norm.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Imagine my surprise when reading this post and thinking "holy cow this person must have been there the same time that I was I saw that same thing! Oh...wait. Starryice is my wife. Uh... yeah. Nevermind."
    I just read this part of your post to my beloved wife. She said we must have been separated at birth, and sends her apologies to your beloved wife!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I've never had an absolutely HORRID meal at Disney. I've had a few meals that were 'meh' but never what some people are describing. Not to say that they didn't happen, because I'm sure they did, but that my own experiences were never that bad.

In spite of this, I would have to say I would most likely not return to Via Napoli (I know, right?! I even can't believe I'm saying this!). I ate there with family in January 2012 and while the food was good, it was awfully crowded. The layout of this place is terrible and it was so LOUD. I felt awful because I had convinced my parents of how good this place was and I'm afraid that my own expectations may have fallen short. Our server was nice but she spent a lot of time arguing and ordering other servers around and we had difficulty hearing her and vice versa.

My family didn't have the dining plan (and VP doesn't accept it anyway) so we paid for the whole thing out of pocket but paying $70 and up for two pizzas just seemed...excessive. I'm going back to Disney in January 2013 for my 25th bday and I'm just going to skillfully avoid this place (and we'll be on the DDP anyway).
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

For me, its the Hollywood Brown Derby. It was good, I just thought the food was overpriced (I know-- its Disney). Service was good and food was decent but it was just not worth the price when there are so many other choices out there.

My wife mentioned Rose and Crown. We've eaten there twice and had fun, but its somewhat of a limited menu and once you've tried a couple of things, there isn't much left. Again, that's our opinion only. Food is very personal.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    SCI -FI Dine- nothing really wrong just nothing really right.
    I LOVED that description!!

I 've felt exactly like that about a few places . . . well said!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Boma. Didn't like the food at all.
    Thanks Everyone!!

MickeyFanKY

Go UK Wildcats!!!!!

Upcoming trip - 2012 - Coronado Springs
    2010 - Swan
    2008 - All Stars Music
    2006 - Animal Kingdom & Pop Century
    2004 - French Quarter
    1999 - All Star Movies