Quantcast What do you think of people who... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things

Sorry, I'm a teacher, lol.
    Perfectly said.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Why thank you kind sir.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been going to WDW since a year after it opened. I used to pride myself at my crowd management skills. I could get in the middle of the row in the middle of the room of every attraction that has theater seating. I was a MASTER at this. I could take even a large group of people, and still get them the best seats in the house. Now, because I have been so many times, and viewed the shows from such fine vantage points so many times, I have changed my strategy totally. Now, I am all about letting someone else have the best seat. . . . .EXCEPT for the entitled people who break the rules. Nothing makes me more angry that entitled people who ruin everyone else's trip with their selfish behavior. I do like most of the rest of you - I just STAND THERE and wait for them to move. No shame. Just stand and STARE. It works almost every time.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have a story that goes along with this thread about rude people. I was saving a place for a nighttime parade - one place on either side of me. I used Park Maps to mark the places. I simply spread a map on either side of me. Now I KNOW many of you don't believe in "saving places," but honestly, we all do it! There is NO WAY to keep people together all day long. Even after we sit down for a parade on the curb, someone has to go to the bathroom, or go get popcorn, or something like that. So.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think. Or NOT think. I finally had to say to the lady "I'm sorry, but I am using that map you are sitting on to mark a place for my wife." She just stared at me! I said something else in the same vein, and finally she moved. In a HUFF, she moved. Astounding!
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I think that I wish I could wear stiletto heels...LOL.
    Hey, it's the 2010's ... I'm not sure anyone would notice if you did!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
    I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.
    That's the same method I have always used. It works very well most of the time.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I work for a church and all this reminds me of a phone call I received once on the day after Easter Sunday. This woman called the church office screaming (honestly) that she needed to speak with the priest because she could not believe she and her family could not find a seat at Easter Sunday Mass!!! When I asked what time she arrived in the church she screamed (honestly) "10:00!! I had important things to do on Sunday morning than sit and wait in church!". I assured her that when she came back the following week, there would be a pew in the first row for her.

I think 'entitlement' contributes greatly to the misery in peoples lives. How sad.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    ISo.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think.
    I've had this happen a few times. Once at the Studio park waiting for a parade, and twice at Disneyland waiting for Fantasmic. In the most recent one at Disneyland, The guy actually threatened to fight us, but said he didn't want to with kids around.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

... Now, because I have been so many times, and viewed the shows from such fine vantage points so many times, I have changed my strategy totally. Now, I am all about letting someone else have the best seat. . .
    PeterPan, you embody the Disney Spirit. That's the kind of act that make this place "Magical!"
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

So.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think. Or NOT think. I finally had to say to the lady "I'm sorry, but I am using that map you are sitting on to mark a place for my wife." She just stared at me! I said something else in the same vein, and finally she moved. In a HUFF, she moved. Astounding!
    I'd tell you to try lying down next time, but I wouldn't doubt that someone would sit right on you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The people who run you down with their strollers when their kids are little are the same people who run you down with their ECVs when they're older. They're the same people who butt in line or encourage their kids to butt in line. They're the same people who don't move all the way down to the end of the row. They're all the same.

And yes ... they're called (in INTERCOT-friendly terms) "jerks."
    Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things
    They're not. Their parents don't expect them to learn these things. They expect them to take, take, take, just like their parents, and they teach them to act that way on purpose, because they consider everyone else suckers. And they live miserable lives.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes plain old rude! Rude people everywhere even in THE Happiest Place on Earth!! Gooo figure! We had the same experiece in August!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadesha View Post
    This happened to me on my last trip at PhilharMagic. I just don't understand the mindset, they are saying over the loudspeaker to move all the way down and these people plop down and don't budge. I just stood there while traffic backed up behind me until they finally moved down.
    I've usually just crawled over people and "accidentally" stepped on their feet or bumped into them with my backpack but I'll try your method next time. I'm a teacher so maybe if I also give them "the look" that will help too.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

If a theater is crowded I move all the way down. If a theater is packed I'll just climb over people who have stopped to move down.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One thing I'll add to this conversation is that, because we go so much anymore, I've gotten to the point where I don't really care where I sit. As long as my kids can see, that's all that matters. In fact, if we have good viewing spots for a parade or fireworks or something, I'll often invite kids from behind me to come up and get in front in my spot. I just sit or stand behind them, because it's a lot more important to me to make their trip magical than it is mine.

I try and tell myself that there's a decent chance they might be on their one and only trip to WDW as a kid and if I (who will be back in six months or less guaranteed) can give them a better viewing spot for that special parade or fireworks show then that's a lot more rewarding to me than seeing Spectromagic from the front row for the 103rd time.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

....as I recently entered my 50's...I find that my patience has dwindled...and I care less and less about what I say...and to whom I say it. (much to my wife's dismay) Last year in the Hall of Presidents...the same-old same-old happened with rude middle of the row-hogs. So...over the din of the entering crowd..I quite loudly proclaimed as I "clumsily" stepped over them:

"Hey...I just learned that half-the-way-down...is the new ALL THE WAY DOWN"!!

April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

WE CAN DO IT!! It is about time us good upstanding WDW guests stand up for our rights! Never again will I stand idly by as people push in front of me in line, never again will I just sit in my doombuggie as people take pictures of clear pieces of glass, never again will my ankles be bruised by strollers!! If the occupy folks can organize than so can we! We need an Occupy Main Street movement to put forth the values of waiting in line, following directions, and being considerate of others.

I know it is sarcastic but I am totally with all you folks who get tired of the rude people at WDW, but I guess rude people are everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

As we now travel to WDW with my Mom, we usually sit in the seats for handicap companions, which are usually in the back so no one fights for those seats . Before Mom joined us on our annual trips, we would be very annoyed by those who plopped themselves in the middle of the row.

What bothers me the most about people who run into you with strollers, wheelchairs or ECVs is not that they run into people because accidents can happen in crowded places. It's if there is no acknowledgment of the action. The few times Mom (if using an ECV) or my sister and I (if we are pushing the wheelchair) accidentally run into someone, we immediately apologize. It amazes me the people who act like nothing happened and that they did not run into someone!
    Equally amazing are the people who get nasty when you apologize. Sorry, we are human and make mistakes. Didn't realize these people were perfect and sit at God's left hand side .
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Middle Of the Row Occupying NitwitS
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

End of the row is superior for all shows anyway. First ones out to beat the traffic jam.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: