Quantcast Do you have a tattoo or body piercing? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you have any body piercings or tattoos?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, no piercings or tattoos.

21 22.34%
  • Yes, only my ears are pierced.

43 45.74%
  • Yes, I have one or more piercings in other than my ears.

4 4.26%
  • Yes, I have one tattoo.

5 5.32%
  • Yes, I have more than one tattoo.

21 22.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to look up "monroe"... you know you are over 40 when!
    Only ear piercing here. I have the dilemma with tattoos: don't want them to show, don't know what to get, if it won't show - why bother?
    During the summer I put little temporary tattoos on my feet sometimes.
    Nell

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have double piercings in each ear plus a cartilage piercing on one side, but I gave up the extra holes a while back. Now I've just got one hole in each ear. I got a belly button piercing when I turned 18 because I just had to do something to mark my independence as an "adult", but I gave that up years ago. I have one small tattoo on my upper back. It's easily hidden, but has a lot of meaning to me.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't even allowed till high school to get my ears pierced, and so I only have one hole in each ear, but have wanted to get a tat for awhile now.
    Sher

WDW 1990 GF
    WDW August/September 2011 POFQ
    Can't wait to go back August 2014

Post Thanks / Like

One piercing in each ear lobe only, for me. My niece has at least 3 in each ear and I'm too lazy to put so many earrings in every morning, as she does. Aside from a pair of earrings, I don't wear jewelry, not even a wrist watch. Just don't want the bother.

I think age has a lot to do with tattoos. They are much more accepted than when I was a kid - a few decades ago. None of the [grown] kids have tattoos, but several [grown] grandkids have. And of course several piercings, but mostly ears, and one [recent] nose piercing our youngest granddaughter got (first year of college ).

I would go with a temporary tattoo but not a permanent one (kinda like nail polish - something that can be changed). Besides the permanence, I heard of a guy who was allergic to the ink. That would be me, waking up in the hospital.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I think we are in the minority of people with NO tattoos.
    Just not for us!

Guess we are plain folk! It's too permanent for me.

Just plain 'ole pierced ears for me.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have a choice for both piercings and tattoos! Some of us were punks of the 80's . I have one tat and 7 holes (though I only wear two earrings)
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=AvaNellMouse;2254615 I have the dilemma with tattoos: don't want them to show, don't know what to get, if it won't show - why bother?
    During the summer I put little temporary tattoos on my feet sometimes. [/QUOTE]

Mine are on my feet. Totally hideable for work, or for formal events, but when I'm out in real life, you can totally see them. If you ever find what you want, I say go for it!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

One hole in each earlobe, done when I was in Jr. High. Were it not for my profound fear of needles, I'd have had them pierced again in College and would have a Thumper tat somewhere on me. But that fear of needles gets me every time.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

There needs to be a option for both, I have 4 tattoos, one is Simba, as well as body piercings.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a few others..no option for both..

I have my ears pierced..7 in my left ear..4 in my right ear along with an industrial piercing..

I have 6 tattoos..both ankles..left hip..and my lower back on the right side..and yes one tattoo is Disney related..just a little Mickey head!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MstngDrvnDsnyLvr View Post
    One hole in each earlobe, done when I was in Jr. High. Were it not for my profound fear of needles, I'd have had them pierced again in College and would have a Thumper tat somewhere on me. But that fear of needles gets me every time.
    Talking from a girl that literally cries when I have to get a shot, tattoo needles surprisingly do not bother me, took me a while to build up the courage to convince myself that it wasn't the same type of needle. And honestly, after five minutes the area gets numb anyway, feels like a bee sting at first then after that piece of cake. You should try a small one of these days and see if you can take it. That's what I did, I got a little tiny lady bug to see if I could handle it, after that it was a piece of cake.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    There needs to be a option for both, I have 4 tattoos, one is Simba, as well as body piercings.
    I was going to change it after I posted with a "both" option but people started responding so fast I wasn't able to edit! Sorry!

I do have to chuckle at the people who have multiple piercings but won't get a tattoo 'cause they're afraid of needles. Whaaa?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I was going to change it after I posted with a "both" option but people started responding so fast I wasn't able to edit! Sorry!

I do have to chuckle at the people who have multiple piercings but won't get a tattoo 'cause they're afraid of needles. Whaaa?
    Thats cool Aurora!

I am honestly more of a chicken with piercings than tattoos, they hurt ALOT more in my opinion, my stomach alone took 6 months to heal while a tattoo takes two weeks, at most.

Post Thanks / Like

I only have my ears pierced...but I have 4 holes in each ear. During my college days, my Mom told me that my ears was all I could pierce, nothing else! Well, I took it a little far! 3 holes in each lobe and 1 in my cartlidge at the top of my ear. That's about as "rebellious" as I got! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

No piercings. No tattoo's.

I'm just not the pirate I thought I was.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I have five piercings in my left ear and 4 in my right. I have my tongue and nose pierced as well and I used to have two eye brow piercings in my right eye brow. I currently only have one tattoo and it is on my right forearm.
    888 miles from the happiest place on Earth!

2013 - POFQ
    2008 - Pop Century
    2005 - All Stars Music
    2004 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 tattoo's, both not noticeable unless I'm wearing a skimpy tank top or bathing suit. I also have 2 holes in each ear, but I usually find myself only wear one set of earrings.

When I was in high school I had my cartilage on my upper ear pierced and my tongue pierced. Ahh rebellion.

I'm not a big fan of needles either and to me piercings hurt more then tats. Both of my tattoo's were barely noticeable of the needle. However with all my piercings I sure did notice.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try not to be judgmental. Zero to both. Tattoos are permanent, and I know way too many people who regret getting them. I honestly don’t know anyone who doesn’t regret it. I hate jewelry. I have never worn a wrist watch (I have tried,) and I never wore my wedding ring (also tried when was ordered.) Earings on a women does not in any way ... I'll stop.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Tattoos are permanent, and I know way too many people who regret getting them. I honestly don’t know anyone who doesn’t regret it.
    You know one person right here Tattoos I chose were big decisions for me, I never walk into a tattoo parlor and say hey see that satanic skull I want that right in the middle of my back lol.

One tattoo I have is a baby blue flower and a lady bug. The lady represents my Uncle who basically saved my life as a baby and who sadly died in a motorcycle years ago, he always said that when someone died they would come back as lady bugs to show you they were looking over you. This may sound weird but now it's a family omen of sorts. After he died, our house was infested with lady bugs, I mean like not one or two, but hundreds. Literally can't make this up. Then when my father passed away, the next day, house again, infested with lady bugs. Then when my cousin passed away, my aunts house was infested. Infested is a good term in which I am using it. So then my second tattoo was of a baby blue rose, my Uncle loved roses, so did I, my favorite color is baby blue, so it was a baby blue rose with vines around the ankle, with Tinkerbell (for obvious reasons) sprinkling pixie dust over three lady bugs that are on top of the rose, one symbolizing my father, my uncle and my cousin. So each tattoo I have is very meaningful for me, and in fact I am very proud of my tattoos.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I'll try not to be judgmental. Zero to both. Tattoos are permanent, and I know way too many people who regret getting them. I honestly don’t know anyone who doesn’t regret it. I hate jewelry. I have never worn a wrist watch (I have tried,) and I never wore my wedding ring (also tried when was ordered.) Earings on a women does not in any way ... I'll stop.

I'll sign down with Tink here, Scar,you know another non regretful tattoo fan here. I've always thought about mine for at least a year before I got them and they all have meaning, even one of mine (My first and the quality isnt great) I like that its not perfect, it symbolizes how I wasn't 100% myself yet when I got it, and all my others are super good work because I'm crazy picky about artists and such. But I def get people who don't want them, I just grew up with parents who both had them so they weren't weird for me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: