Quantcast FP Rumour

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP Rumour

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP Rumour

Well, I was talking with a fellow Disney person today and they said that they had read somewhere that the new FP rules were going to eventually lead to being able to schedule your FP like you do an ADR...180 days out.

I sure hope NOT! It's bad enough trying to make sure we hit the ADR for lunch or dinner; I have no idea where I might be at 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday or Sunday.

Would you like something like this?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the bigger issue is what this does to a first time guest without all the knowledge of ADR's and fast passes. It seems like it might increase convenience for "planners" and repeat guests...but a HUGE frustration for anyone new.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Well, I was talking with a fellow Disney person today and they said that they had read somewhere that the new FP rules were going to eventually lead to being able to schedule your FP like you do an ADR...180 days out.

I sure hope NOT! It's bad enough trying to make sure we hit the ADR for lunch or dinner; I have no idea where I might be at 2:15pm on Monday, Tuesday or Sunday.

Would you like something like this?
    This has been dicussed a lot here and on other Disney site... yes, it is coming as part of this Next Gen program rollout, over the next few years in WDW, then eventually Disneyland and the other parks... The interactive queues are the beginnings of this NextGen craze Disney is in love with... And yes, part of the plan is to roll out a system where you can book ride times before your trip, from the computer (or smartphone possibly) in the comfort of your own home... Whether it will be 180 days out or not is still up for debate... But, yes, you'll be able to book a ride time on Space Mountain or Pirates or Star Tours from home...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it being a problem unless you can't get on the ride spontaneously anymore because it's "booked" for the day. If that becomes an issue, then the system won't work well at all.

As for planning, it would probably work for me somewhat, because I plan far ahead for the timing of the e-tickets. The important part, however, is that my plan is always flexible and adaptable. I can see someone ride "booking" their day so full, that one ride breakdown could throw off the entire vacation. That could be a bit of an exaggeration, but a possibility nonetheless.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting to see how they balance the advanced ride reservations (ARR) with allowing guests the ability to get FPs the day of and / or just chancing it with the stand-by line...
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile No problem

I really don't see this as a problem. Disney would surely limit the number of fastpass you can get in advance just like they do when you get them at the parks. I would use it get myself an fp for splash or space mountain before I go, know what time frame to be there (the 1 hour window) and enjoy other rides/attractions until its time. I think this could really save time and make planning easier. How many times have you been with a group and everybody is like okay what do we do next? I prefer having a plan. I can still take breaks when I want to and still be spontaneous. Also if I can't make my fp time so what I'll just go do something else after all I'm on vacation.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I think our trips to the "world" would end if this comes true...
    Some of the fun of going on vacation is a little spontenaety (sp). I for one do not want to plan out that much. Diners alone already bug me. How do you know what kind of food you are going to want in 3 months? Are you trying to tell me that if I don't plan 180 days out which ride my family will want to go on at 2:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, then my family gets to wait in line behind others that did? That bugs the tar right out of me...
    Coasta Rica is sounding better and better...
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I think our trips to the "world" would end if this comes true...
    Some of the fun of going on vacation is a little spontenaety (sp). I for one do not want to plan out that much. Diners alone already bug me. How do you know what kind of food you are going to want in 3 months? Are you trying to tell me that if I don't plan 180 days out which ride my family will want to go on at 2:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, then my family gets to wait in line behind others that did? That bugs the tar right out of me...
    Coasta Rica is sounding better and better...
    You won't have to participate... it will be a "perk" for you to use if you want to...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

And here we go again...
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    You won't have to participate... it will be a "perk" for you to use if you want to...
    I think it's premature to say this. I mean, you could say the same thing about making 180 day ADR's, but we all know that's not really true. If you "choose" not to participate then you most likely end up eating a ton of nasty cheeseburgers.

The way I would phrase it is, "You can choose not to participate, but what impact this will have on your vacation experience is yet to be determined."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I think it's premature to say this. I mean, you could say the same thing about making 180 day ADR's, but we all know that's not really true. If you "choose" not to participate then you most likely end up eating a ton of nasty cheeseburgers.

The way I would phrase it is, "You can choose not to participate, but what impact this will have on your vacation experience is yet to be determined."
    Well, you don't really have to participate in the ADRs either... There are plenty of counter service places to eat... And there are restaurants you can still walk up to and get a table...

For a ride, you can always wait on stand by...

Post Thanks / Like

I am not in love with this idea; however, I would use it, if it became available.

I already plan out what park I am going to be at each day (so I can make informed ressies for dinning). So, adding FP ressies would not be that difficult or that much of a pain. In fact, if you can plan the time of the FP, then it might even be better.

Think about it, today if you want a FP you go to the FP machine and you look at the return time. Does it work for your other plans for the day? It might, it might not. More than once, I have skipped getting a fast pass, or had to come back, because the fast pass time was right at my dining time. Being able to schedule a time for your fast pass time, would be a better option.

However, that said, it could be a bad thing if you want a FP, but there is no availability on line. If you had no idea until 7 days before your trip that you were going, you would most likely be out of luck (if they made it available 180 days out. And the idea of the stand by lines is fine and dandy, if you do not mind waiting in line for 2 + hours for a ride. But, the reason I use FP is to eliminate that).
    Now, if they made it 7 - 10 days before your resservations or something like that, then it would not be that bad of an idea.

I also do not like the idea of only being able to do it 1 day out or something like that. Because, when I am at the parks, the last thing I want to be worried about is logging in and making ressies. We get up early, hit the parks, come back late.

Possibly, this is a "perk" they will be giving to those staying on Disney property??

If done right, it could work. However, it is all speculation right now. I can think of ways it would work and ways it would not. I guess we all just have to wait and see.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

I would like the idea of obtaining a FP before I leave home. For me there are more pros than cons about the system. The MK has the most FP attractions with 7. I would be able to spend less time and walking getting a FP and more time enjoying the park. That includes more time for being spontaneous. I (DW) would be able to better plan out times for the ADR’s with FP and not worry about being late or even missing one or the other.
    The major drawback for me is; this is one more thing my DW takes care of the all the logistics. She sometimes stresses over the tiniest detail, while I tell her it will all work out.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Mouse View Post
    I would like the idea of obtaining a FP before I leave home. For me there are more pros than cons about the system. The MK has the most FP attractions with 7. I would be able to spend less time and walking getting a FP and more time enjoying the park. That includes more time for being spontaneous. I (DW) would be able to better plan out times for the ADR’s with FP and not worry about being late or even missing one or the other.
    The major drawback for me is; this is one more thing my DW takes care of the all the logistics. She sometimes stresses over the tiniest detail, while I tell her it will all work out.
    I think about the family member who gets asked to take every ones tickets and get fp's while the rest go on a ride. Most of us do something like this when we go to the parks. Think how much nicer it will be if groups can stay together and no one has to play runner on vacation. And just think if the same rules apply as we have now you won't be able to get a second fp until 2hrs have passed (since entering park?) or past return time on fp. I know lots you reading this fear it will ruin your vacation but I see it as giving me more time to relax and enjoy my WDW vacation. Once the dust settles on these new fangled contraptions (Perks, Additions?) we will all feel more comfortable using them and pretty soon we will wonder how we managed without them.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't sound like any fun. I understand that I don't have to do it if I don't want to, but I know I already "over plan" or am concerned about too much. I could forsee getting stressed about this. HAHA. It will make me into some sort of planning monster.

I could only forsee doing this for select attractions during certain times of the year. Like Splash Mountain (hate the que when its long) in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I think about the family member who gets asked to take every ones tickets and get fp's while the rest go on a ride. Most of us do something like this when we go to the parks. Think how much nicer it will be if groups can stay together and no one has to play runner on vacation. And just think if the same rules apply as we have now you won't be able to get a second fp until 2hrs have passed (since entering park?) or past return time on fp. I know lots you reading this fear it will ruin your vacation but I see it as giving me more time to relax and enjoy my WDW vacation. Once the dust settles on these new fangled contraptions (Perks, Additions?) we will all feel more comfortable using them and pretty soon we will wonder how we managed without them.
    Thanks for the optimism!
    After reading your words, I have started to rethink my position... I just didn't want to have to plan out one more part of our vacation.
    I will trust that Disney will do this right... That is how they won my vacation money to begin with!!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I don't see it being a problem unless you can't get on the ride spontaneously anymore because it's "booked" for the day. If that becomes an issue, then the system won't work well at all.
    This. When I was on my college program, 95% of my park visits were spontaneous. I had a hard enough time getting on Space Mountain with a decent wait on a Wednesday afternoon in October, let alone trying to reserve at the last minute.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Questions:

1. What will all those people do if they are not waiting in line? (Disney hopes to spend money on T-shirts and Ears)

2. What happens when the ride you got an ARR for months ago isn't working that day?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

There you go....
    I still hate this idea. Yep, I understand the concept, but still hate it.

And what, pray tell will they do with all the folks who have made there ride ressies 180 days (or whatever the case may be) in advance and failed to show up in The allotted time frame?
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

So do we know if this perk is for guests staying at a wdw resort? If so, it's gonna stink for locals.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero