Quantcast NHL Playoffs 2012 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

That was ugly. The second Devils goal was the worst goal I have ever seen. Bryz will be reviled for that for quite a long time. As much as it pains me, credit must be given to the Devils. After game 1 I thought the Flyers had it in the bag, but the Devils took it to another level, and now they are the ones moving on.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's go Devils!!! Gotta love when a team from Philly (or Boston for that matter) gets sent home in the playoffs, in front of their own fans...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolute garbage. The flyers just laid down that series. On a positive note when I'm down there next week I won't have to spend every other night in espn zone. Although over the last 10 playoffs my record there is 7-0 including the last 2 against the bruins from 2010. Im hoping the coyotes win the cup even though their fans don't deserve it. I don't think I can stomach Richards and carter skating around holding it. That might scar me for life.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    So are games 2, 3 and 4.... Devils up 3-1.. Let's Go Devils!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Let's go Devils!!! Gotta love when a team from Philly (or Boston for that matter) gets sent home in the playoffs, in front of their own fans...
    Way to support your team by showing up after they're up 3-1 in the series ... Honestly, I'll ignore anything you contribute to this thread since you're clearly a bandwagon rider.

Where were you during the Panthers series or for the first game?? Come on, bro ... weak!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Way to support your team by showing up after they're up 3-1 in the series ... Honestly, I'll ignore anything you contribute to this thread since you're clearly a bandwagon rider.

Where were you during the Panthers series or for the first game?? Come on, bro ... weak!!!
    Ahhh it's ok Ian... There is always next year for the Flyers... Want the Kleenex now or should we save it for later??

You disappeared after the first game bro..

It is all good... To be honest, I didn't expect the Devils to get past the Flyers... Just like I don't expect them to beat either the Caps or Rangers... I know the Devils were mediocre this year... They are on a good run, but sadly, I think it will end in the Eastern Conference championships...

BTW, I been a Devils fan since those hideous green and red uniforms ... When they would hold their occasional practice at the ice rink here in Bayonne...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

My new motto for this year is just cheer on my team and ignore the other team and their fans for the most part so I have stayed away from this thread even though I started it

All I can is I am proud of my team and the way they played so far in the playoffs!

To Ian and any other Flyer fans on here I am no going to gloat or say bad things about your team! And any Flyer fan who blames Bryz for the loss of the series know nothing about hockey yes he gave up a few bad goals but he also kept your team in a few games longer then they should have. This series came down to a few factors since I still think the teams are pretty evenly matched.

1. Devils simply outworked the Flyers with their forecheck
    2. Deboer totally out coached Lavy
    3. Devils stayed out of the penalty box

Just wanted to add very classy mov e by Giroux coming down from the press box for the Handshake! Shows a real respect for the game and traditions
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely said Jeff!!!

DEVILS!!!!!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    And any Flyer fan who blames Bryz for the loss of the series know nothing about hockey yes he gave up a few bad goals but he also kept your team in a few games longer then they should have. This series came down to a few factors since I still think the teams are pretty evenly matched.

Just wanted to add very classy mov e by Giroux coming down from the press box for the Handshake! Shows a real respect for the game and traditions
    Totally agree. I personally can't blame Bryz for the series, I was just noting that the image of that goal is what everyone is going to remember. Throughout the entire season he has been a rollercoaster. Hopefully he can pull himself together and be more consistent. Overall he was much better in this series than the Pens, which speaks volumes to the Devils ability to shut down the Flyers' offense. Marty is still a great goaltender, but he didn't have to "stand on his head" as they say for this series.

I think the biggest thing was your #3... A big reason for the Flyers beating Pitt was due to the Penguins taking dumb penalties. The Devils remained cool, calm, and collected through it all.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I agree with the first two, although I think they had some help from the refs on the third one. You'd have to admit that the two goalie interference calls (especially the one that lead to the no-goal) were pretty weak.

Also last night, even the announcers were noting the numerous times the Devils got away with some pretty blatant holding and interference.

Not that it matters ... the Flyers wouldn't have won this series if the refs wore blindfolds the entire time. They were, back to your points one and two, totally outworked and out-coached.

I really think the long layoff they had between series combined with the intensity of that Pens series made it impossible for them to get up again. I have to say, too, that I really don't understand how the Flyers' six game series ended so much earlier than the Devils seven game series. I think the NHL needs to do a better job with scheduling.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I have to say, too, that I really don't understand how the Flyers' six game series ended so much earlier than the Devils seven game series. I think the NHL needs to do a better job with scheduling.
    It had to do with their every game nationaly televised approach this year and was complicated by arena availability at least that was the way my season ticket rep explained it to me. The Flyers 1st series was already at game 2 the same night we started our 1st series.

As for the officials in general they are all terrible. There were some pretty bad calls both ways in the series. Iie the delay of game against Kovy that was clearly deflected off Briere and the boarding call against Zubrus. ONe of the Goalie Interference calls was a make up call for the delay game call.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've all but given up on fair officiating, but yeah, there have been some awful calls/non calls this post season. However I really do think overall the Devils played smarter hockey.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I can blame Bryz. We led 1-0 or 2-0 in each of the last four games. The players had to work for those goals only to have bryz let in softies. He totally deflated this team every game. How can you get up to play against a good dewfensive team only to know that no matter how many you score bryz will even it up. He did it against the pens too but their goalie had problems of his own. I also think our defense was so nervous about letting shots on goal that they played away from their normal style.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phlo8810 View Post
    I can blame Bryz. We led 1-0 or 2-0 in each of the last four games. The players had to work for those goals only to have bryz let in softies. He totally deflated this team every game. How can you get up to play against a good dewfensive team only to know that no matter how many you score bryz will even it up. He did it against the pens too but their goalie had problems of his own. I also think our defense was so nervous about letting shots on goal that they played away from their normal style.
    Yeah, but the offense was sorely lacking. And the defense had many mental lapses. Despite being clearly outplayed in 3 of the 5 games, none of the games were blowouts. Against the Penguins, the Flyers had 30 goals. Yes Martin Brodeur is a better goalie than Fleury, but he is not the Marty of old. Against the Devils, they scored only 11 goals, and there were times they went eight minutes or more in a period without a shot. If the opposing team is spending that much time in your zone, it's only a matter of time until one sneaks through, unless you are Bernie Parent.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

mmmm... Guess we will have to wait and see on Saturday whether it will be a Rangers/Devils series next. Hope the Tri-State can handle it!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ian , what time we hitting the links ha ha ha

I am sure alot of energy was taking out of them after the Pens/Flyers series, but the Devils did play some pretty good hockey.

Good Luck to the Devils in the next round.

Right now since the Penguins and I are on the golf course I am pulling for the LA Kings
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This year has to be a complete nightmare for Flyer fans! It's either the Devils or the Rangers from the East or The Coyotes & Kings from the West. I think the biggest nightmare senario for them would have to be the Kings winning the cup with Carter & Richards!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So the trash talking has begun between the fans of the Rangers and Devils... In today's New York Daily News, a Rangers fan was interviewed about the series... He says Devils fans should not be trash talking because "they Devils haven't won anything in 10 years..." then he proceeds to say he hates the Devils, their fans and calls them trash... So, I guess Rangers fans can trash talk even though they haven't won anyting in 0 years. but Devils fans shouldn't be trash talking because the Devils haven't won the cup in 10??? Makes sense... only if you worship at the Throne of Dolan...

Post Thanks / Like

Odin has heard and is sending the NJ Devils to the Stanley Cup finals.... Ready to take on the Kings... Good luck L.A.... May the best team win...

Post Thanks / Like

Friday Night was the 2nd greatest moment in my Hockey life that I got to experience live! I jumped so high when Henrique scored that I think I hurt myself! It was truly priceless watching the Ranger Fans leaving the arena depressed! 4 more wins!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Friday night's game was Hockey Drama at it's best!!!

Great game!!!

ON TO THE CUP!!!!

4 more wins!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

DEVILS!!! DEVILS!! DEVILS!!!
    Julie

P.S. We have a NY Ranger Mike Rupp's kids at our school, and I see Mike picking up on the carpool line yesterday, and I smiled and waved. Not feeling one bit bad that his season is over!! On a side note, He's been really nice with the kids, and actually does playground duty once a week in the morning. Brings team photos for them and signs them. It was exciting for the kids to get involved and watch hockey, even the ones that don't normally.
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: