Quantcast Fiesta Tour in Mexico - Your Opinion - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Your thoughts on the Fiesta Tour in Mexico

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Please keep it.

48 32.21%
  • Indifferent: I don't mind it.

79 53.02%
  • Dislike it: Needs to go

22 14.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I was upset when they changed it b/c I am interested in Mexican culture/spanish language (took 5 years of it, love to speak it) and I thought it was so quirky (the old version) and I thought it was special.. even though a lot of people thought it was trippy and didn't like it. When they changed it to Donald Duck I was not impressed and veryyy disappointed. After seeing Saludos Amigos I kind of fell in love with it again (what an underrated film.. also I'm a huge Mary Blair fan)... I wouldn't say that I agree 100% with the change but I didn't dislike it as much the 2nd time around (after seeing the film) as I did the first. Let's just put it that way. And in my opinion it's nice to have little cozy attractions that do not attract huge lines and are just litte fun things to do. These types of rides are what makes WDW a little more special to me.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    Okay, I was upset when they changed it b/c I am interested in Mexican culture/spanish language (took 5 years of it, love to speak it) and I thought it was so quirky (the old version) and I thought it was special.. even though a lot of people thought it was trippy and didn't like it. When they changed it to Donald Duck I was not impressed and veryyy disappointed. After seeing Saludos Amigos I kind of fell in love with it again (what an underrated film.. also I'm a huge Mary Blair fan)... I wouldn't say that I agree 100% with the change but I didn't dislike it as much the 2nd time around (after seeing the film) as I did the first. Let's just put it that way. And in my opinion it's nice to have little cozy attractions that do not attract huge lines and are just litte fun things to do. These types of rides are what makes WDW a little more special to me.
    thats a good way of putting it. i agree, not everything has to be a fast attraction..sometimes its the smaller ones w atmosphere that make a diff between Dis and other amusement parks
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I love the newer version with Donald...he's just so cute! I liked the older version too but I think the newer one is better at keeping smaller children interested in the ride, where they can learn a little about Mexico as well....and the song at the end just remains in my head for the rest of the day!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lazy, Lazy, Lazy...

My grandson like this ride but he's 5 and easy to please and he like that there's never a wait. Why is there never a wait? Because this tired travelogue needed a real update instead it got some tres caballeros added in what must have taken a week and cost roughly the amount equal to 23 tacos.

But it's a pleasant moment to sit down in a park where we all walk zillions of steps,

Post Thanks / Like

I could take it or leave it. We go back to it because it's an easy ride for me when I was pregnant and our young sons
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the ride, but not an enemy, either. Yes, it's cheesy...but it was sunny and hot outside and the quiet, cool ride was a welcomed relief!! It brought us into the building and the shopping kept us there for a loooong time. Yes, I think they could re-do the ride and make it better.
    1998 Caribbean Beach
    2002, 2003 Off Property
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 PO Riverside
    2009 :(
    2010, 2012, 2016 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Better? Worse? I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is that I really like to be able to walk onto attractions here and there and not have to wait in a 45+ min. line every time I want to do anything. I really like attractions like CoP, Tiki Room, SE, JII(wF), etc. Some rides are always going to be more popular than others. I would prefer they hung onto the Grand Fiesta Tour for a while and expanded the park with a new pavilion/ride.

If you're going to redo an attraction begin with Sounds Dangerous at DHS. (Actually, it looks like they just closed this one on May 18th according to that Wiki-somethingorother-site.) website.)
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take some time to ride it if it is real hot outside and need an AC break. Or I'll ride it during a downpour outside.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading all the comments and opinions... I do prefer and like the new version... I love the music... I'd take this version of the previous version...

I do agree with those who said the first version was cheesy... I don't know if anyone meant cheesy in a good way or bad way... I prefer to think of El Rio del Tiempo ad cheesy in a good way... I cannot explain it...

I don't wish for the old version to come back... But I do find myself listening to the theme song over and over on my iPod
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not a thrill ride in any way, but I think it is cute. We almost always ride it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's kinda like Country Bears not one I need to see every year but when we do it after having not seen it for a while it's fun.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I like this ride for two reasons. (1) There's almost never a long wait for it and (2) it's a good "starter" ride for little kids who aren't ready for thrill rides but want to feel like a big kid going on rides with everyone else. I can't tell you how excited they are to have gone on the "boat ride in the dark" and how they "weren't even scared".

Post Thanks / Like

I am impressed by the amount of responses this thread has brought in. While I do not like the ride as is, I still go on it at least once every time I am there. I can hop on without a wait and relax for a bit (especially on a hot day). I would still vote to keep a boat ride in Mexico, but I would just love to see a complete change in the story and design of the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I really love this Ride its a fun little look at the Three Caballeros cartoon and the characters. I wouldnt say its making fun of Mexican culture I mean you have to take into fact this is disney world they are going to put disney characters in some places like (The seas pavillion). I mean it just happens sometimes but I personally enjoy the change to this ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I love it! I will happily ride it a few times a trip. It lifts my spirits because it is so fun, happy music, nice little boatride, Small World style dolls without the Small World creepiness, bright colors, fast-loading and rarely a line. Plus, Donald and friends. I loved it before the Donald Duck makeover and still love it after. It fits the pavilion. I think World Showcase needs more ride attractions.
    We feel the same
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: