Quantcast Anyone see the new Dooney purses?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone see the new Dooney purses?

This weekend while out of town, I was shopping in a little boutique and one of the employees commented on my 40th anniversary tote. She and I talked for at least 20 minutes about our love of WDW, and she told me that she saw some new Dooney Disney purses online. I checked ebay and saw a few new prints.

There is an all leather style. Looks a lot like the Aulani one. To me it's too plain, and brown, and it's more expenisve than the other styles. There is also a retro Disneyland print, and I've heard there is, or will be, a Disney World retro print as well. And my favorite of the new prints is called Buttons. I love it, and hope to get the small shoulder bag in July. I wanted to get a small bag to use when in the parks and this "buttons" one is perfect, will match anything!

Just wondering if anyone who has been to WDW recently has been able to see the new prints in person. And wanted to give a heads up to all the Disney Dooney lovers out there!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I saw them over Memorial Day on Main Street and fell in love with the brown leather. It's right down my alley. Last weekend, I went back with plans to get the cross body style and it proved dry difficult. Finally found it at Yacht Club. That particular pattern and style turned out to be very popular apparently.

The other new pattern isn't as much to my liking, but it's cute. No problem finding it this past weekend.

I posted some pics on our Twitter. Will link to them when I get home to my laptop.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the brown leather Aulani design, it seemed Hawaiian to me. This one is basically the same, but for the parks. Not sure why I don't love it since I really liked the Aulani one.

I wouldn't want the "buttons" print on a large bag, but for a small park purse, I love it. And it has so many colors it should match any outfit I wear.

Mel, I also PMed you.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, now I have to make a decision on which one to get. I wanted the black and white cartoon mini barrel but now I also like the buttons design and the brown leather looks pretty cool too. Maybe I can sneak 2 home in July?
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I liked the brown leather Aulani design, it seemed Hawaiian to me. This one is basically the same, but for the parks. Not sure why I don't love it since I really liked the Aulani one.
    The pattern for the new brown leather is actually the same one from one from the early Sketch bags.

Here are some pics of the new patterns. I'm still loving my new one!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a FB group for Disney Dooney lovers - I have 4 bags plus a wristlet I bought for the medium sketch tote I bought in 2009. Right now I am using my 55th anniv DL bucket. I love the bag but wished it zipped. My blakc balloon barrel is probably my favorite. I also have the 40th anniv WDW messenger, but wish it was about 2" larger on each side for me.

I like the new retro print but don't like the style of the bag (has tassels). I heard on a British message board that they are or have come out with a DLP bag, but I haven't seen any photos on that one yet.
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy View Post
    I'm in a FB group for Disney Dooney lovers
    Really? Hope they're accepting new members!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, my name is Michelle and I am obsessed with Disney Dooneys. I must find the FB page & join. I love the new designs!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my name is Meg. I too am obsessed with Disney Dooneys. I love the brown one.

Can't wait for October to see if there is anything new...or maybe until this weekend online.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh my

A Disney Dooney page. I must explore.

I'm still waiting for that purple Tink bag to show up.

I like the buttons. Super cute.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GusNJacque View Post
    I'm still waiting for that purple Tink bag to show up.

I saw two large looking totes on ebay in the purple tink print that was sold for the DL marathon. It wasn't the small cross body bag we saw pictures of, it was a rather large bag.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'll go look and see if they are still available.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they still have the brown ones when I am there in December!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Love the brown ones, but I'm a leather purse kinda gal. Also love the button pattern because you can find Thumper on it and Finding Thumper on anything is getting harder and harder.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The pattern for the new brown leather is actually the same one from one from the early Sketch bags.
    Yes, it is the same pattern as the early sketch bags. However, there is a brown Aulani bag that is very, very similar to the new brown leather Disney World bag. The brown leather Aulani bag also appears to have used the same pattern as their (Aulani) sketch bag.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm part of the Dooney facebook group and i love it! I just got the barrel black and white with pink trim Dooney in April, it's smaller inside then it seems, but I can work with it. i love the new button design bag, perhaps that will be my next one!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from 4 days at the World, and the brown one is in very short supply at this time. Mostly just saw the wristlets, but did see one of the bigger bags at the shop on Main Street. Hopefully they'll get stock back up again soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else seen the (I think) DIsney parks blog where they talked about the sketch back packs? Does anyone know when those will come out? I'm hoping to pick it up in October
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

i have hinted and hinted to DH about getting the black and white barrel with the pink trim. I even held it up this past Saturday and said how much I loved it. Do you think he would break down and get it? Last Christmas, I even said I would love to have a D&B purse from Disney. Do you think I got one? He is so dense.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf, I saw the blog you are taking about (on the Disney Parks blog). I'd post a link but I am not sure if that is allowed here.

They are having a party 9for lack of a better word) at Tren-D on 7/14/12. The video clip they show ont he blog does show the backpack. I'd be interested in that, but I forget which pattern it was. Might have been buttons and I wasn't crazy about that one. Hopefully they will use that style again (backpack).

Daisy's Mom, I had bought the barrel you mentioned but ended up taking it back because it was too small. I cary around a wallet and 2 pairs of glasses, plus a smartphone and some little things such as keys, gum, etc. What I couldn't get in was my wallet. so back it went. The black balloon barrell is perfect; a bit larger than the mini barrell you mentioned. What I laved about the mini barrell was the "organization" in side. My balloon barrell has a zipper pocket plus two pockets on the opposite side of the liner. I want to say the minim barrel had that plus another packet, but I returned it in February (we have a 30 day return policy and I bought it in January). I hope your hubby gets the hint!
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: