Quantcast Holy expensive eggs cinderella! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

HUGE!
    So expensive. My daughter loved it, but if she knew better she would have walked out. So expensive, plated food.
    The ultimate catch 22!
    Good Luck
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, way too expensive !
    I would never spend that much per person for breakfast no matter which character was there.

My daugters are now 14 and 21. When they were young we did character breakfast and dinners every trip. The prices were much less and the food was much better.

It's a shame Disney keeps raising prices and the food level and service level keeps going down.

I would say over the past 5 years or so, Disney is more concerned with squeezing every last dime out of every guest .

They are slowly pricing out the middle class from going there. Eventually only the well off are going to be able to afford to vacation there.

Donald Duck

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Growing up, we stayed and ate off-site. Our only meals in the parks were CS and one meal in Epcot's World Showcase. I didn't even know character meals existed or that I could eat in the castle. On my first trip as an adult (with just my sister) we discovered the on-site properties and eating with the characters and have never looked back! So now we are basically reliving our childhoods on our trips (and when we take Mom she enjoys it just as much--we are all kids at WDW!) I handle most of the planning but my sister insists on eating at the castle each trip. I cringe at the price (or in our case the 2 dining credits) but once I see the look on my baby sister's face when she is in the castle, it is worth that outrageous price. I'm sure that when I have kids I will look at it the same way. Kind of like that commercial talking about the costs but at the end the experience is priceless. Just my
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would do it at least once. I don't have a daughter, but we took my niece two years ago and her face was priceless. We took her to BBB first and then to lunch right after. She loved it and I didn't think the food was bad either. Pictures of her and Cindy were included.

I think the suggestion of just you and your daughter going is a great way to save a little money while still letting you daughter have her birthday wish.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    So we are in planning mode for my daughter's birthday trip next Summer. I was thinking doing breakfast at the Castle would be a big deal. She will be 7, she has been asking to eat in the castle and so on.

I just checked the prices - are they serious? Over $50.00 per adult for liquid eggs? I realize I'm paying for the "experience" but WTH??? We are a family of 4 plus 2 adult friends will be joining us - I would feel obligated to pay the over inflated prices for them to eat at this meal since it is for my daughter. So we are looking at almost $300.00 for breakfast!

Does anyone else think the price is a little insane?

Remember - we Krank because we Care!

~Amanda
    Yes, slightly!

DD(20) never asked to dine with Cinderella. Just recently she asked, "Why haven't we ever had breakfast with Cinderella?" I'm glad I was able to answer, "Only because you never asked."

May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Our DD is 23 and had been reminding me that she hadn't been to the castle "since she was little" so we splurged and went on our December 2012 trip.

She was so put off by the way they rushed us thru breakfast and the less than impressive food that on the way out SHE said it was not worth it and would rather do Chef Mickey or even Crystal Palace in the future.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I am the mom of two girls. We have eaten at the castle three times. The first time when they were 3 & 4 was pure Magic. It was worth the price, IMO. They LOVED every second of being there, and felt really royal. That was in 2005.
    Now, I am a logical person, and have found that Princess dining in Norway/Epcot is good and a tad cheaper, and although they are 11 & 12 now, it is still a must do on our vacation.
    However...for the little princess, if you can do it, The Castle is truly magical.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: