Quantcast Food Network Star- Whose team are you on? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was very cool that both of Alton's last two made got to make a pilot and how emotional he was about it.

I think all 4 finalists did a good job with their pilots. Now I just have to decide who to vote for.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Alton had that in him! It's been neat to see more sides of him on this show.

I'm voting for Justin.

Denise
    '72 & '76 FW
    '88 Off Site
    '98 Dixie Landings
    '00 Treehouse Villas
    '02 & '03 POR
    '04 & '05 WL
    '06 & '07 POR
    '07 WL
    '09 POR
    '11 AKL
    '13 WL
    Next Up: Jan '15 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, looking back on it I do think Alton was the best mentor. He was hard in the beginning but sometimes that is a good thing. He obviously really cares about his contestants. Even though he wasn't my favorite per say throughout the competition, I voted for Justin. I think of all the pilots, his was the most unique. I loved the set up of "Here is the classic dish-now watch me change it up." After Justin, I think Yvan had the next best point of view; but he still has that upspeak problem and that bugs me. Also, his family can't be present for every episode, and for me, those interactions were the best. Martie did pretty well, but I feel like I've seen that show before. It's not super unique. Michelle comes in last. It was just too bland and boring. Her pilot came off as a third rate Guy Fieri style show (And she has already been compared to him physically!)

I think Justin or Martie will most likely win.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I'm not voting as there is not one of them that I would spend a half hour watching. It is not just these final 4, the group from day one didn't seem "watchable". To me it has always been a matter of who I wanted to see gone the quickest.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    In all honesty I'm not voting as there is not one of them that I would spend a half hour watching.
    I think I like watching FNS more than I will like any of the real shows. I don't tend to watch the cooking shows very much. I've always been drawn to the competition shows or shows like Dinners, drive in and dives. I used to love Rachel Ray's $40 a day.

I think that's why I'm having a hard time deciding.

Michelle just didn't do it for me. Not sure why but I know I won't watch her.

Yvan was very cute and welcoming and I could probably just use a cookbook for his recipes, so I probably won't vote her him either.

I like Marti and her food, but agree with Piratelover that it's been done. I think Justin is unique so I will probably vote for him.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

It feels to me that Alton, Jr., aka Justin, will end up winning. He is absolutely the most unique.

I agree with others that Martie's POV has been done before and isn't something that would be watched on a daily basis by most. Yvan is okay but he did seem to need live interaction to do his best. I liked Ippy better. And while Michele seems to have a good POV, she seems tense quite often.

Good Luck to all. I couldn't do it!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I dislike Alton, Bobby, and Giada, but I dislike Alton the least of the three.

Justin turned out to be my favorite, but I felt he was drawing too much from Alton's style and needs to find more of his own. I'm sure he will improve given the chance.

Yvan was my next favorite. I feel his show is being done, though. The Food Network already has someone doing "family style" dishes, same idea.

Martie failed to bring the party. She gave a party recipe, but where was the party? A few people gathered around a table does not a party make. I still need my caterer and planner on speed dial (if I had them there in the first place).

Michelle just totally put me off with her style. I loved the dish she made and the idea of New England cooking. But I felt like she was reaching through the TV and physically pushing me away. She needs to learn some warm and friendly presenting techniques. And that hairdo is overdone on Food Network. We have Guy and Anne Burrell. Do we need Michelle? Dye her hair back to her real color and maybe we can talk.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA, Sherri, who DO you like on Food Network?
    But really, you are right on about the hair styles. Anne Burrel... OI! She seems nice enough but I seriously cannot make it through one of her shows because I just find the hair absolutely ridiculous and distracting!

I don't know why it is that I love Bobby Flay so much, but somewhere along the line he became my celebrity chef "crush" He wasn't really that good on this show, though.

He opened a Bobby's Burger Palace right down the road from me, and I can't believe I haven't forced DH to take me there yet!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    HAHA, Sherri, who DO you like on Food Network?

He opened a Bobby's Burger Palace right down the road from me, and I can't believe I haven't forced DH to take me there yet!
    You should go! I'm not a fan, but I would eat there. I love Morimoto (which is why I don't love Flay, his disrespectful appearance on the Japanese Iron Chef-- but I should get over it. Morimoto did). I love Ted Allen and Chopped. I love most of the Chopped judges. I don't love Robert Irvine, but I enjoy Restaurant Impossible. I actually watch a lot of Food Network and Travel Channel even though I am not a fan of all the hosts.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I love Morimoto (which is why I don't love Flay, his disrespectful appearance on the Japanese Iron Chef-- but I should get over it. Morimoto did).
    I thought it was just me. That is totally my Bobby Flay issue too!
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Wow, we're not alone! There must be others, too. Some bad PR for Bobby from that appearance.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I love Morimoto (which is why I don't love Flay, his disrespectful appearance on the Japanese Iron Chef-- but I should get over it. Morimoto did).
    Wow, we're not alone! There must be others, too. Some bad PR for Bobby from that appearance.
    When that originally aired we were shocked at Bobby Flay being such a show off. We did NOT like him for a long time after that. But over the years he seems to have matured and I've grown to like him.

However, I do not think he was much of an influence for his team during this show. Alton Brown seemed to be getting through to the members of his team more, which may account for the fact that two of them are in the finals. Actually, as a general rule, Alton Brown drives me crazy. Maybe he should do more directive work behind the scenes.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a big surprise to anyone that the winner was Justin. It will be interesting to see if they keep the premise of the pilot and continue to use Good Eats as a starting point.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a big surprise to anyone that the winner was Justin. It will be interesting to see if they keep the premise of the pilot and continue to use Good Eats as a starting point.
    Yes, I watched and I wasn't surprised. I think he will be interesting to watch. We'll have to see what he comes up with for his show.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to see Justin's show! Did they say when they are airing the first episode? On past seasons it was usually within a few days, but I didn't see anything.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??