Quantcast Comparing Concierge

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Comparing Concierge

We are returning to WDW the end of August, and currently have BC CL booked. We are considering changing, as we have stayed several times at BC already. The other options include Boardwalk CL, Yacht Club CL, Poly CL, and Contemporary Atrium (which we stayed once). Can anyone recommend one CL over the others, and why?

We are a party of five...3 kids, 6, 11, and 12.
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi...

My favorite is the Poly CL...did not care for Yacht Club CL...

Would like to try Boardwalk next time...

Post Thanks / Like

Of the ones you listed, I've done BC and BWI concierge. I did not care for the BWI as a whole, but the CL was pretty good for ADULTS. They had NO kids foods available ever, really. Whereas, Beach Club always had basic stuff like sliced apples, pb&j cups and rolls, and more kid friendly food choices in general, everything at BWI seemed to have a Mediterranean influence, and I think most of the food came from Kouzzina downstairs. It was good, but I would definitely not return there with kids.

Really, don't choose a CL based on what the CL experience will be like. Choose based on the ENTIRE resort. All the lounges offer similar things. I'd say the Poly probably has the largest lounge with the best view, followed by Contemporary. However, for us, the Beach Club as a resort far surpasses both of those.

I think you'll be happy at any of those resorts, but maybe think twice about the Boardwalk. My opinion is that if you are choosing to stay in that area with kids, go with the Beach Club because it is better overall (has the better pool, kids club onsite, etc.)
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I've only stayed at the Poly CL once or twice. And to be honest it was so beautiful! The view over 7 Seas Lagoon is breath taking! The food was very nice and filling. I dont know what you get with other CL's but I assume the same? There is 2 lvls of the CL and the upper has a library seating area which overlooks the first. (if my memory serves me correct. And it's just overall very nice atmosphere. And how can you say no to the Poly :P It's only the BEST resort out there! Oh just remember.... Electric Water Pageant!!! Great View!
    - MaterializedHaunt
    Last edited by AgentC; 07-18-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: TOS-link

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed the CL at WL. Food was unique and beer was cold. Pleanty of choices for the young ones too! Some of my best memories of the trip were enjoying a light snack sitting with my DW!
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Really, don't choose a CL based on what the CL experience will be like. Choose based on the ENTIRE resort. All the lounges offer similar things. I'd say the Poly probably has the largest lounge with the best view
    I agree with BrerGnat's post. Poly has the best lounge (and morning tropical juice!), but we do not care for the resort. BWI's food was heavy on the Mediterranean influence...

YC's lounge is smaller than the others. We go for the resort and location. CL is just an added plus!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree that the choice shouldn't be based soley on the CL offerings, but rather the overall resort. They are just all equal to us, and that particular selling feature may "tip us" one way or the other!!
    We did decide to split things up and are staying at Contemporary for the first three nights, and BC the last 4. Can't wait!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I have done CL at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach club and Yacht Club.

My rankings for them are:

1. Wilderness Lodge
    2. Grand Floridian
    3. Beach club
    4. Yacht Club

I am not ranking on the food or the IPO planning office, as it it almost a 4 way tie - I am ranking on the service, the helpfulness of the staff once on site, and the size of the lounge itself.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed CL three times. Our favorite for the variety of food and extra attention given to us was at the Grand Floridian. However, my personal favorite ( when you take in things like the overall resort enjoyment and total cost) was the WL...I think you get the most bang for your buck there. The BC CL was not all that impressive to us.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: