Quantcast Electric Bill

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Bill

With this super hot summer, how much is your electric bill during the months of June & July?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I'm there (central FL) I run about $165 per month in the summer for a 2,000 SF townhome with all electric appliances (water heater, stove, clothes dryer). This summer I'm elsewhere in the country so almost everything back at the house is unplugged, A/C at 83 to keep the humidity down and it's been running right around $40 per month.

Post Thanks / Like

3100 sq ft house, all electric except for furnace and water heaters, with pool and pump and temps in the 90's daily. Electrical bill averaging $298/month (it used to be more than that but we recently replaced one of our old AC units with a more energy-efficient model).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

My electric and heating bills are insane. Large house, high ceilings, with attached apartment, two separate heating and cooling systems. We weren't using the apartment systems much- it was my office. But then my dad moved in.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this year we are lower than normal. Over the past year or so, I've gone and made a bunch of efficiency changes around the house. We dropped cable (and the associated power those cable boxes draw) and swapped out the lights we use a lot with LEDs. We're about 40 bucks under plan. We use propane for just about everything other than the AC and the oven (cook top is propane).

AC is set at 78°

I think a lot of it is the LEDs, we've been pretty happy with them. If the specialty ones weren't still so dang expensive, we would have switch everything over. Light is fine, now just costs us less, so we can splurge on other things. We're also better off with the generator should power go out easier for us to not have to worry about power consumption as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Our townhouse is about 3,800 sq. ft. We like to keep it really cool (typically 70 degrees), but we have mostly gas ... stove, dryer, hot water heater, etc. so you'd think we wouldn't use too much.

Our bill for June was close to $600!!! Although that's combined gas/electric and with six people in the family we do use a lot of hot water.
    Last edited by Ian; 07-31-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My light bill actually went down! Negotiated a new rate with my electricity provider and installed an attic fan. My June bill was 120.00....
    Holiday Villas (2000 & 2001)
    Parc Corniche (2002 & 2007)
    Comfort Inn Lake Buena vista (2008)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2009 & 2010)
    Pop Century Resort (2011 & 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

We're all electric and keep the AC at about 72 round the clock this summer. 1200 sqft house, so pretty small. June/July have been about $125 each which is about $30-40 higher then when the AC doesn't run.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

2000 SF house with all electric plus electric pool pump& self cleaning pool filter. I keep the heat 75-76 during the day but it always seems to end up at 74 once my husband comes home. I also do a lot of laundry. Summer runs between $250-$300.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 1800 sq ft townhome. The AC pretty much runs round the clock 70-73 degrees all summer. Everything in our house runs electric, but I must say I don't use the stove all that often.....July's electric bill was $68...woohoo!!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Central Fl, we have a family of 5, and we work opposite schedules so someone is always home. Our 2000 sq ft home is running $230 month. It's outrageous!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

We rent a 1,600 sq ft house with NO a/c and pay $300+ for gas and electric during the summer. We run lots of fans this time of year!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Try to be efficient, and cost effective.

Electric is about $150/$200 in the summer with the air running non-stop. Kick it up to 77 when I leave in the morning, down to 74 when I come home, to 70 when we sleep.

Gas...so cheap in the summer. Last bill $24 bucks. We have gas stove, hot water heater and dryer. The only thing that gets a work out is the dryer and hot water heater. $24 bucks. That goes up to $150 in the winter for heat though.
    Usually our utility bill is not much over $200 a month. No complaints for a 2,000 Square foot cape.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Our townhouse is about 3,800 sq. ft. We like to keep it really cool (typically 70 degrees), but we have mostly gas ... stove, dryer, hot water heater, etc. so you'd think we wouldn't use too much.

Our bill for June was close to $600!!! Although that's combined gas/electric and with six people in the family we do use a lot of hot water.
    The utility company is going to send you a Thank You!
    Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    The utility company is going to send you a Thank You!
    Julie
    Ha ... actually no ... I have to amend my post.

Turns out they made a mistake on my bill and hadn't shown the credit for my prior month's payment. I got my bill this month and it was only for like $180. Couldn't figure out why it was so low until I realized that they were crediting me like $250 from last month.

PHEW!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to make differences in our energy efficiency & our last gas & electric bill was just over $300.00! Of course temps here in Lou., KY have hung in the 100 dregree area since early June! We've broken records left & right! And the humidty in the Ohio Valley - WOW! We rival anyplace out there on humidity! Of course laundry & showers for fam of four, 2 fridge's, pool pump running all the time, pretty much all electric in the summer! So I plan for it now, pretty much June, July & Aug elctric & gas bills, total about $1,000.00 for the summer the last couple of years! UGGG!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are killing me! My electric bill last month was $782! DH has been after me to switch from JCPL to another provider but I don't want to end up with some flash in the pan company so I'm still looking.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Electricity costs vary WIDELY around the country.

We are paying about $100/month LESS, on average, for our house here in VA that is over 3000 sq ft than we were for our 1200 sq ft apartment in Southern Calfornia.

Our last electric bill was around $225, and that's about as high as it will get this year. July is always the worst month for us. We keep our AC to 75 day/71 night.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    You guys are killing me! My electric bill last month was $782! DH has been after me to switch from JCPL to another provider but I don't want to end up with some flash in the pan company so I'm still looking.
    I'm thinking you must have a heated inground pool!

We have JCP&L as well. We live in Wayne, but right on the Morris County border. I haven't found a much cheaper provider either. Friends that live in our neighborhood and I had this conversation while on vacation last week.
    That is a high bill. Wow....
    Julie
    Next Up:

2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Our electric bill is

about $300 per month in the summer and about $300 per month in the winter. We live in Mass and have gas heat for the winter. Our gas bill is under $90.00 per month. We have gas hot water,dryer,heat, and cooking. I think our electric bill (for a town with TWO windmills) is way too much money.$$$$........
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: