Quantcast Hotel near Central Park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel near Central Park

Anyone know of a safe, nice place to stay near the ABC studio in NYC where Live with Kelly is broadcast. I am going in September by myself and don't want to spend a lot of $$$$ just for sleeping but want to feel comfortable by myself too. I have to be there the night before because no train will get me to Penn station before 8:20 am
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed up quite that far but the Hilton New York right around 6th and 53rd is quite decent and often very affordable.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

A dear friend and her family stayed at a very nice hotel located near 59th and Sixth. I'll be sure to send her a link to this thread so that she can pipe in.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

At Ellen s request .... The Salisbury near Carnegie Hall is very modest but the rooms are suites.... sleep 4. and are not expensive. A great location for a great price!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a Hampton Inn on 8th Ave. and W. 51st St. It is literally steps away from Rockfeller Center, Times Square, David Letterman Theatre.

There is another Hampton on W. 39th St. between 8th and 9th Ave. This one is closer to the studios and the theatre district.

Of course, there is also the storied Hotel Pennsylvania, right across the street from Penn Station. It is getting a little dated but it is a central area for tourism and business. Phone number is still PEnnsylvania 6-5-Oh-Oh-Oh. Read reviews on this hotel before committing to it.

As for safety, we walked all over mid-town from Penn Station to the PATH station, all the way to Central Park as late as 2 am and never felt unsafe. NYC has done so much to ensure the safety of its citizens and visitors over the past 20 years, that it really is a very safe city.

We found that Times Square has security guards but act more as ambassadors for visitors. If you have a problem or are lost, these uniformed people are there to help and direct you to wherever you want to go. Police presence is great, but not overwhelming.

Just about every hotel in Mid-Town Manhattan is expensive. Since it is a tourist and business area, there are not too many cheap and good hotels.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at a amazing place last May for my sister's wedding.

Ink 48. It's a Kimpton Resort. Amazing...and not too pricey for NYC. It's on 48th and 9th. LOVED it!!!

Probably the one and only time I'll ever stay in a NYC hotel, as we live 25 miles from the city.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    At Ellen s request .... The Salisbury near Carnegie Hall is very modest but the rooms are suites.... sleep 4. and are not expensive. A great location for a great price!
    Looked it up- if I go with the family this one looks great.

I ended up booking at a Comfort Inn about 4 blocks from the studio. Got a queen bed for about $240 including tax and you get breakfast. Nothing fancy but with just me I don't need much room. The room with a double bed looks like there was about 6 inches between the bed and the tv/dresser. Reminded me of a room I stayed in Chicago with 3 relatives and I would never stay in a room that small again! For $20 more at least I got a little leg room.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked out the Hotel Pennsylvania when I was going to the Westminster dog show and decided not to stay there because it didn't get very good reviews. Ended up just making it a day trip.

The only time we have stayed overnight we got a discount rate at the Waldorf Astoria - that was a treat. Got the room for about $400 a night which was a great special.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at the Marriott near Times Square which was nice and fairly affordable. The best place I've ever stayed mid-town was The Essex House. We have an annual event there for work and get to stay in the guest rooms. It's a very old, historic, and well known hotel with amazing accommodations and the location is incredible- right on Central Park down the block from the Plaza Hotel. The price, however... let's just say I am glad my employer pays for it!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: