Quantcast 2012 - 2013 Armed Forces Salute - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question:

Does the "6 tickets per military member" include BOTH Disneyland and WDW?

We've never had to purchase the DL tix before, but this year, we are going to DL (there are 4 of us in my family). Does that mean if we purchase 4 DL tix that we can't go to WDW later in the offer period and purchase 4 more tickets?

Or, are the two entities separate? Anyone know?

I ask because the dates on the DL end of things are slightly different than the WDW ones (the dates of the offer period itself).
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Natalie, I could be totally wrong, but I always thought they were treated as two separate entities.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I know waaaay back when in the early years of this offer, James had to go to California on business and got a ticket there and then we did a WDW vacation that same year as well. So yes, in the past it was separate.

Along the same lines, I have a ticket question as well. I'm going to Disneyland in January with friends and we obviously want to spend more than 3 days in the parks. There are 3 of us needing tickets, so I can purchase all 6 tickets and then we each have 6 days in the parks, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I know waaaay back when in the early years of this offer, James had to go to California on business and got a ticket there and then we did a WDW vacation that same year as well. So yes, in the past it was separate.
    Yeah, but if James only bought one ticket, and then you bought 4 more for WDW, that is still only 5 tickets.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Yeah, but if James only bought one ticket, and then you bought 4 more for WDW, that is still only 5 tickets.
    Duh. True.

Post Thanks / Like

Along the same lines, I have a ticket question as well. I'm going to Disneyland in January with friends and we obviously want to spend more than 3 days in the parks. There are 3 of us needing tickets, so I can purchase all 6 tickets and then we each have 6 days in the parks, correct?
    I think you will be fine. There used to be wording in there that no more than 6 tickets could be activated in one week, but that wording is gone.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

So, Steve (the Military Disney Tips guy) asked some questions of Disney to fill in some blanks/details of the offer, and here are the responses he got:

Courtesy of Steve at Military Disney Tips:
    During the 2010 – 2012 Armed Forces Salute which is currently still running permanently disabled veterans with a military ID that has the DAVPRM code were eligible. Will that be the same for the new offer?

Disney: Yes

The press release says that all tickets must be purchased at the same time. So If 2 people want to go in October and May for 4 days each time do they have to buy all the tickets at the same time?

Disney: Tickets may be split, but the purchasing military member or their spouse must always be part of traveling party

I’ve seen elsewhere that the all the AFS tickets have to be activated at the same time, is that correct? So in the scenario above all the tickets would need to be activated in October?

Disney: No. Tickets may be split and activated upon each visit as long as the purchasing military member or their spouse is part of traveling party.

Must all members of the party be present for ticket activation? Sometimes people meeting for a vacation will arrive on different days.

Disney: All members of party must be present at time of activation.

May the Armed Forces Salute tickets be used back to back. Again if 2 people want to use 4 tickets for 8 days is that allowed?

Disney: No. Seven days must separate multiple usages.

Can the AFS tickets be upgraded as in the past to, premium annual, annual, FL Seasonal, and FL Weekday Select passes? Yes

Can the hopper or WP&M options be added later to the opposite version of the ticket? Currently if I purchased a 4-day AFS hopper, I can add the WP&M option to it for a fee.

When the spouse is un-accompanied by the member is limit again just 5 tickets?

What are the resort room discount percentages on the various categories at Walt Disney World and Disneyland?

Disney: Up to 40% depending upon category and availability.

What is the maximum number of rooms allowed at a time under this discount?

Disney: Three total rooms, purchasing military member or their spouse must be in one of the rooms. The entire party must all check-in at same time at same resort hotel.

So there you have it, some more detail to fill in the gaps in what we learned last week.
    So bummer, according to this, I can't use the tickets back to back on my trip to Disneyland in January.

Hope this answers some questions for everyone though!

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, I was just going to mention the multiple use restrictions. That is a bummer.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I am really bummed now! I was excited when I saw this because we are trying to plan a trip for the whole family the week of Christmas, but now I see neither the room discount nor the tickets can be used that week.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I am really bummed now! I was excited when I saw this because we are trying to plan a trip for the whole family the week of Christmas, but now I see neither the room discount nor the tickets can be used that week.
    Yep, that's always been the case. Spring break also. It's a bummer. Can you go the week prior to Christmas? That's what we did last year. Went December 15-22.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

No can't go the week before. That is the only week my grandson is out of school and is flying down to go with us. I just think it is bad when they block the military discounts at times the military can actually use it and on 4th of July at MK. Sounds like they don't support the military much.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

We were hoping to do this in April at WDW which of course did not work. We did get 7 day tickets through the ticket office at the army post near us which were cheaper than the regular price, tho nowhere near as good as the Military Salute tickets.

Since we're on post at least once a month, we went down and paid for them but I think I could have done it all by mail.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: