Quantcast Which Italian at Epcot?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Italian at Epcot?

We are making our adr for december and where undecided on which italian restaurant Via Napoli or Tuto? DW loves pasta...which one would you recommend?

Also is Tony Town Square at MK any good?

Thanks!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zeike View Post
    We are making our adr for december and where undecided on which italian restaurant Via Napoli or Tuto? DW loves pasta...which one would you recommend?

Also is Tony Town Square at MK any good?

Thanks!!!
    I would vote for a true Italian meal it should be Tutto Italian. The atmosphere and food makes you feel like you are in Italy. My lady friend who loves Italian food says its as close as you are going to get.

Via Napoli is good but left me feeling like I was at an upper end pizza place.

I don't have any input on Tony's but I would not recommend Mama Melrose at DHS.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Itchy, Tutto is more of the authentic style Italian while Via N. is more americanize. My dad had at little issue with Via N. when he went there. He order Chicken parm. and when they brought him his food it was just check... only chicken parm with NO pasta! Does that make sense? Maybe its a northern thing that we serve pasta with out chicken parm up here? Not really sure but seems liked a ripped to me. Only mentioned that since your DW is a pasta lover.

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to either, but will be going to Via Napoli on my next trip. I love the wood oven thin crust style of pizza! I have heard good things about the pasta dishes at VN though, the spaghetti and meatballs in particular.

I ate at Tony's about three years ago and very much enjoyed my meal. I ordered a mushroom ravioli that I don't think is still on the menu but it was very good! My friends really liked their meals too, especially the chicken parm and shrimp scampi dishes.

Parmesan is more the style of preparation and not necessarily served with pasta, although that tends to be customary in the US. In Italy, pasta is more of a side dish than part of the main entree. I've seen more and more that spaghetti is a choice along with veggies, potatoes, or a green salad with the chicken, eggplant or veal or whatever is presented Parmesan.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at both. VERY different atmosphere at each restaurant. Tutto Italia does feel like an old school italian restaurant. Very authentic. Food is pretty good, service is great. Via Napoli is loud and much more casual. I found the pizzas to be very good as were the appetizers, especially the arancini. My children 14 and 12 preferred Via Napoli. Try the sangria! I my opinion cant miss with food from either. I believe more a question of what atmosphere you are looking for. We are going to Via Napoli during our trip this month. Enjoy!
    Grand Floridian (May 2018)
    Grand Floridian 2015
    Polynesian 2012
    Beach Club 2011
    Yacht Club 2010
    Yacht Club 2007
    Grand Floridian 2005
    Grand Floridian 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2003
    Wilderness Lodge 2002
    Contemporary 2001

Post Thanks / Like

We have only been to Via Napoli in Epcot and I have to say they have the best pizza anywhere... Tony's is a nice restaurant and I love the Lady and the Tramp theme... I have never had a bad meal at either place...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

We love love love via Napoli. Haven't tried the new Tutto yet because we really love via Nap.

Tony's gave us all major Heartburn.

Mama Melrose - we used to love til the dining plan reared it's ugly head. Now the menu choices are more limited.....

Good luck with your decision!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

i went to tutto italia on my last trip to enjoy their beer selections and the cavatappi (sp?). the portion was very small but it was also very good. nice atmosphere for a light meal!

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunatelly Via Napoli a few months ago was a big letdown, last yr it was good
    Tonys was a few trips ago, not impressed. even longer ago was Mamas..and even longer before that was Tutto, so can give u recent input on that. the new wine place looks interesting...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Tony's last year and we all liked it kids, parents, and grand parent. It'ss very busy and a little noisy but had big portions! But we did like the theme and atmosphere! Sorry haven't been to the other places hopefully next year!
    Sher

WDW 1990 GF
    WDW August/September 2011 POFQ
    Can't wait to go back August 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would not recommend Mama Melrose or Tony's.. having been to both, we did care for either.

I would narrow it down to Tutto or Via Napoli.. both are very good and you can order pasta at both. You just have to decide if you'd like the more fancy atmosphere or a high end pizza place atmosphere. Via Napoli is probably my favorite out of the two. The pizza and pasta are soooo good and the desserts are wonderful!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down via Napoli. I think tutto italia has gone downhill in recent years. I think it was better when it was the previous restaurant. My vote is via Napoli. I am obsessed with the pasta there!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli has very good pizza. We ate at Tony's in December 2010 and enjoyed our lunch there. I thought the spaghetti and meatballs was good.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Been to tony's once and will not be going back. We LOVE Via Napoli. You can taste the freshness of every ingredient they use. very good, very fresh. Tutto IMO has gone drastically downhill (As has Chefs de France). The menu is very blah and I thought the food is nothing to right home about either. Haven't tried the new wine cellar but peeked in and it looks pretty good.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

On our trip in 10/2012 we ate at Tutto, Tony's and Napoli. We were on deluxe dining plan, so we ate at a lot of other TS places as well during our 8 day trip. Hands down Tutto was our family's favorite meal. DH,DD 16, DS 10 and myself. Great food, outstanding service and nice atmosphere. We enjoyed our meals at Tony's, and being from the south, we were delighted to find out that they actually had sweet tea! (only place on property we were told) Napoli seemed to be an upscale pizza parlor, it was good, don't get me wrong, but Tutto was great. Happy Dining on whatever you may choose!
    "Are we there yet mom?" "Can we go to Disney World tomorrow?" Lots of visits & we keep on going!
    Next trip:
    9/18/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli was created to highlight pizza. There is pasta on the menu, but that's not the specialty. The pizza there, IMHO, is very good.

Tutto Italia is more of the traditional italian restaurant. I like it very much, but unfortunately, my DW doesn't care for it, so we haven't eaten there in a few years. Gonna have to convince her to put it back in the rotation starting next year.

Never had Mama Melrose's. The majority of people seem to not care for it/downright hate it. We are planning to try it in the spring.

Tony's in the MK we've had once or twice. I thought it was just OK, but my wife didn't care for it. The kids, of course, loved it. But my kids aren't picky. In my mind, Tony's is to italian restaurants what Denny's is to american restaurants. Denny's isn't really looked at as classy or even very nice. Some people get mocked for going to Denny's. But by golly, it's always got a lot of patrons there.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: