Quantcast Who is ready for some fall tv?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is ready for some fall tv?

The Olympics are almost over. My kids to back to school in just over a week. It must be time to start thinking about fall tv. After all a girl can only watch so many episodes of Storage Wars and House Hunters International. Of course there is still a bit of time to wait since most of the shows won't premiere until late Sept/early Oct but I was wondering if anyone was looking forward to something new.

TV Guides has picked the following shows as Editor's Picks.

Arrow (CW 10/10 8 pm) Jumping on the superhero bandwagon, this is about the Green Arrow. Looks like a lot of fun and who doesn't like a cute hero with a bow and arrow.

Ben and Kate (Fox 9/25 8:30) This about a brother who moves in with his sister who is a single mom. I'm not sure about this one. There seem to be so many family based comedies that start up each year and fail.

Elementary CBS 9/25 10 pm A modern day Sherlock Holmes with the "Watson" character played by Lucy Liu. I love Sherlock Holmes so it will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Emily Owens, MD (CW 10/16 9 pm) This stars Meryl Streep's daughter as a recent medical school graduate. I'm wondering if this would be their list if she wasn't in it.

Last Resort ( ABC 9/27 8 pm) Andre Braugher as the leader of a renegade nuclear sub on the run after defying orders. I can't really picture this one. Seems like everyone being on a sub limits your story.

The Mindy Project (Fox 9/25 9:30) They are describing this as an American Bridget Jones who is an OB/GYN. Mindy Kaling who plays Kelly on the Office stars. Another one I am not sure of. Mindy is pretty funny but if the show is a series of embarrassing events for her, it won't be my thing.
    Nashville (ABC 10/10 10 pm Fading country star becomes an opening act for an up and coming new artist.. This stars Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. I am checking this one out. I love a good southern drama.

Revolution (9/17 10pm) A story set in the post-apocalyptic future where technology has vanished from creators of Lost and Supernatural.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Two shows not on the TV guide list but I will probably check out

Beauty and the Beast (CW 10/11 9 pm) This stars Kristin Kreuk who played Lana on Smallville. I am not a big fan of hers but I will give anything based on Beauty and the Beast a try. This is a remake of the old Linda Hamilton series.

Malibu Country (11/2 8:30)Okay so this looks really similar to Reba McEntire's old show but I just like her. It also stars Lily Tomlin and Sara Rue.

And two shows that make just wonder why

Animal Practice (NBC 9/26 8 pm) A story about a grumpy vet that has a monkey starring as a doctor. Really. I am not kidding.

The Neighbors (ABC 9/26 8:30) A NJ family moves into a gate community that is home to aliens. Lots of aliens. Umm. Who wants to be this one uses a laugh track?

So anything that sounds good? Something on the network schedule I missed that you are looking forward to? Any one going to watch Animal Practice just for the monkey?
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly can't find much on the list that has me too excited. I will try Malibu Country because of the cast, Mindy Project but I'm not sure how she'll do without her Office cast, and Elementary even though I'm not a huge Lucy Liu fan. Not much interest in the others.

Of course, I am looking forward to the new seasons of NCIS, Persons of Interest, NCIS:LA, The Office, and The Big Bang Theory.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more than ready for fall TV, but like Lynn, not too excited about anything new. Every year there seems to be less and less I get excited about watching. Looking forward to my favorites coming back though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Of course, I am looking forward to the new seasons of NCIS, Persons of Interest, NCIS:LA, The Office, and The Big Bang Theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm more than ready for fall TV, but like Lynn, not too excited about anything new. Every year there seems to be less and less I get excited about watching. Looking forward to my favorites coming back though.
    I find very little gets added to my must watch list each year too. The only shows I added last year were Once Upon a Time and Downton Abbey and of course DA isn't even new. Just something I had never seen.

Lynn- I still watch The Office too. I'm interested to see where they go this year. Last year without Steve Carrell just wasn't quite as good for me. I used to love NCIS and stopped watching when I had kids. It is a show I want to catch back up on.

I wonder if any of the cable stations have something good planned. TV Guide only had the networks so far.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for fall tv! not so excited for anything new just dieting to find out what happens with my shows that left me all with cliff hangers!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

What about "Building 666," or whatever it is called? That show looks interesting. BBT-new shows Yea! Two Broke Girls-Yea
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Hadn't heard anything about Malibu Country. Is Reba in this show? Thought she was funny in "Reba". Elementary looks like it has possibilities. Looking forward to Big Bang, Mike & Molly.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just waiting for my favorites to return. ABC Wednesday nights are a fav in our house!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'll likely check out Revolution and Go On but like many others who have posted before I'm more interested in my favorites coming back. New Girl, SVU, Glee, Smash, (not til February but the promos have me excited already!), Amazing Race, and of course Downton. I really wish GCB wasn't cancelled, that show I will miss!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

None of the new stuff interests me. I'm really ready for CBS Monday (all of it, but especially Hawaii Five-0. Love me some Alex O'Loughlin, he's delightful!) and Big Bang Theory.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    What about "Building 666," or whatever it is called? That show looks interesting. BBT-new shows Yea! Two Broke Girls-Yea
    It is 666 Park Ave. ABC 9/30 at 10. I was interested in this but then I saw a preview that looked kind of silly so I'm not sure. Then again there isn't a lot up against it, so I might be checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    Hadn't heard anything about Malibu Country. Is Reba in this show? Thought she was funny in "Reba". Elementary looks like it has possibilities. Looking forward to Big Bang, Mike & Molly.
    Yes, Reba is it and it sounds like a modern take on her last show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    None of the new stuff interests me. I'm really ready for CBS Monday (all of it, but especially Hawaii Five-0. Love me some Alex O'Loughlin, he's delightful!) and Big Bang Theory.
    I have heard great things about this show but never checked it our because it goes up against Castle. Nathan Fillion is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I'll likely check out Revolution and Go On but like many others who have posted before I'm more interested in my favorites coming back. New Girl, SVU, Glee, Smash, (not til February but the promos have me excited already!), Amazing Race, and of course Downton. I really wish GCB wasn't cancelled, that show I will miss!
    Go on is the Matthew Perry one, right?
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I'm just waiting for my favorites to return. ABC Wednesday nights are a fav in our house!
    I just started watching Modern Family. I am looking forward to the new season.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

What channel is Revolution coming on? That sounds very interesting to me. I personally can't wait for Walking Dead to come back as well as Doomsday Preppers and The Colony if it ever comes back!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Go on is the Matthew Perry one, right?
    Yep! I like him, but this show could go either way for me. I missed the "preview" during the Olympics but the commercials haven't seemed that bad. I am a little wary of sitcoms that revolve around mental health issues and stereotypes associated with them, but having participated in group therapy before if they do it right it could be really funny!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited about Elementary because I love Sherlock Holmes stuff. This looks like a good take on it. I'm also looking forward to Mob Doctor. I like mob stories so this one seems right up my alley.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I love Wednesday night TV on ABC. I'm most looking forward to seeing Revenge again. It was on Wednesday nights this past season but I hear it will now be on Sunday nights.
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: