Quantcast Last minute date night

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last minute date night

We have booked a last minute trip for Epcot's 30th. That weekend happens to also be my birthday. My parents offered to watch our boys on Saturday night so that DH and I can go do something for my birthday. I think ADR's may be hard to get this close to our trip and we have a limited budget since this is a last minute thing (maybe $30-40 which is what we would spend on my birthday dinner at home). Our go to date night at WDW is a World Showcase restaurant and Illuminations, but since it is the opening weekend of food and wine and we will be there on Monday we want to avoid Epcot.
    Does anyone have a good idea for a lounge or bar that we could get appetizers/desserts and drinks? Or any other ways to spend my birthday evening at the world?

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you like sushi? The sushi bar area of the Polynesian's Kona Cafe is a great place for snacks/drinks. If not, you can get snacks and drinks (enough for a meal- love the wings!) at Tambu Lounge. You could time it to be out at the beach for fireworks/Electric Water Pageant.

I also like Mizner's in the Grand Floridian, slightly more intimate and romantic maybe. The Polynesian lounge can be crowded. This also allows for fireworks/water pageant views.

Something else to consider is the lounge at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Victoria Falls. I love looking around the AKL. It's a little more remote and there's lots to look at around the resort.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We do love sushi and the Tambu Lounge. That may be a great idea.
    Does Victoria Falls serve food too? Would it be stuff from Jiko or Boma or something else. I need to look into that...

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My vote would be Kona, very nice atmosphere,great food, maybe a bit out of your price range.

Post Thanks / Like

How about portobello in downtown Disney? They have a great Bellini.
    California grill/Jiko/Sanaa are great choices too and you could probably stay within budget if you just do appetizers. Have a great time!

7 days!!!!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you can't get reservations at Jiko, there is a nice bar right outside the restaurant where you can also order off the Jiko menu.

Since so many folks will be concentrating on the food booths, you might be surprised at what is available for dining reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted this idea to someone else but I think it is fun...

why not loop the monorail and have a drink / split an app at each hotel? They all have great bars and are festive. Depending on your mood - do you start very festive and end romantic or vice versa could determine start and end spot. I would probably..

Start at Grand Fla - they have a great martini at Citrico's and also good apps (Mizner's also nice but a diff atmosphere)

Then go to Poly for a bar spot w/ app. I just love the atmosphere here!

Then, end at CaliGrill for sushi or maybe dessert w/ coffee or drink. You don't need a reservation for the bar (unless this has changed since last time I did it). and..you can watch Wishes! from the balcony area.

whatever you do...have a great Birthday!!

Cheers!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably can't improve on the outstanding suggestions you've had from above posters.

My go-to romantic dinner would be Artist's Point (at Wilderness Lodge), but that may be a little too pricey - there is a delightful bar attached to that one to.

Kona Cafe, Tambu Lounge, Mizners - all have wonderful atmospheres for an intimate mid-range evening.

Note that basically every deluxe resort has a lounge attached to their "premier" restaurant which serves restricted (and full if you ask nicely) menu items from their associated kitchen.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you wanted to stay away from EPCOT but I wanted to share with you....

My friend just returned from WDW where they celebrated their 25th. For their date night, she said they enjoyed pizza and a pitcher of the most delightful sangria and it was absolutely, hands down, the best anniversary dinner they ever had! And within your budget!

Wherever you go, it'll be fabulous!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Minnie- That is a great idea too. Via Napoli pizza and Sangria sounds divine! Even if we don't do that this time, I am filing that away for a future date night

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: