Quantcast Church at Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Church at Disney

Our family booked a trip today for BWV tomorrow. What luck at this late date! We are planning to go to church on Sunday. Have any of you been? How far is a church from Disney? We are Baptists, by the way.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the closest Baptist church is Lake Buena Vista Baptist Church. I've heard good things about that one. I usually go to St Luke's United Methodist Church because several cast member friends attend there.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile church at disney

If you are looking for a catholic church there is Mary Queen of the Universe. It's a shrine and really beautiful. They have a web page for detailed info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
    If you are looking for a catholic church there is Mary Queen of the Universe. It's a shrine and really beautiful. They have a web page for detailed info.
    That is where we go to church when in Disney.

Last Christmas Disney help a Catholic mass ( I think they did a Baptist mass also) in one of the ballrooms at the Contemporary. I really wish they could do this weekly. It was super convenient.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Assembly of God in Kissimme on our honeymoon. It was a nice medium sized church with some good music.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

WDW used to have an actual non-denominational church service on property years ago. DH and I always thought that would be a fun/interesting pastoral job.

I don't know if it's allowed, but if you wanted to read more information on the on-site church from the past, here's an article about it:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/s....html?page=all
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRay View Post
    WDW used to have an actual non-denominational church service on property years ago. DH and I always thought that would be a fun/interesting pastoral job.
    I have 2 friends down there now planting churches specifically for cast members and Disney lovers. Both of them work as Cast Members while they are planting their churches. It's a neat situation. But, the service on-property doesn't occur anymore.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I have 2 friends down there now planting churches specifically for cast members and Disney lovers.
    That's interesting! I would love to know more!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I am also intrigued.
    Nothing is impossible, it just hasn't been done yet!

CosmicRay's DH
    DVC Member since 2010 (Saratoga Springs)

Been there more times than I can count. Used to be close enough to watch the fireworks every night.

Post Thanks / Like

Please let us know about this new church. I couldn't find an in service phone number for First Baptist of Lake Buena Vista, and the next closest seemed a little far.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

You can look up on Facebook - The Adventure (Walt Disney World) which was founded by my buddy Steven Barr. His wife is a CM at Epcot. The other option is Mosaic @ Walt Disney World. You can Google them for their website. One of their lead pastors, Jon Langford, is a CM at the hat shop on Main St USA and is a facilitator for Disney University. The Adventure is doing Bible studies and a lot of ministry among the CMs, but Mosaic has weekly worship services. You can get more info on their sites.

And if you really like church and Walt Disney World, click on the amazon.com link under ICOT Affiliates to your left there and pick up a copy of my book - The Church Mouse: Leadership Lessons From the Magic Kingdom.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRay View Post

I don't know if it's allowed, but if you wanted to read more information on the on-site church from the past, here's an article about it:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/s....html?page=all
    There were two Catholic Masses and a Christian service (originally Lutheran, I believe) on Sundays at the Luau Cove at the Polynesian. The ministers weren't onsite -- they came from nearby parishes.

They were actually beautiful services and we miss them. We also attended Mass at the Contemporary after the Poly services were discontinued, and at St. James Catholic Cathedral. We like the Mass at Mary, Queen of the Universe. The grounds are very peaceful and it's close by.

To the OP's question, did you ask at the Boardwalk? Guest services usually has a list of nearby worship venues they can give you.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

The one I spoke with didn't know anything about it. They found First Baptist of Windermere, but we didn't want to go that far.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: