Listen. Some people like the food and choices available. Some don't. Nobody can win that disagreement. Neither side is "right" because it's a purely subjective argument!

I've been going to WDW since the 1970's. I've seen a lot of changes over the years. Some I enjoyed, some I didn't. But I don't look at the parks with a microscope. I tend to look at my vacations "OVERALL". And they've all been great.

You know, I tend to be a big neat freak - to the point that I'm a little OCD about how I keep my house. Friends come over and ALWAYS comment on how "pristine" my house is... but I only see the scuff on the baseboard by the front door... and the fingerprints on the patio door. I focus on the negatives of my house, instead of being grateful for the fact that it IS a great house I should be proud of. I'm working on that.
The same goes for Disney World -- you can either choose to see those imperfections and feel contempt about peeling paint and shame that something wasn't working while you were there, or you can enjoy the experience as a whole. I choose the latter. I don't think things have gotten to the point where I'm ashamed to recommend Disney to anyone. I hope they never get to that point. But I don't feel like we're anywhere NEAR "dark days" at WDW.